HARRY MAGUIRE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you take him back?

• Yes, we'd be crazy not to

Votes: 238 88.5%
  • No, he's burnt his bridges. Onto new blood.

Votes: 31 11.5%

• Total voters
Some of us expressed on here a Couple of years ago that he would not be a premiership player unless it was with us.
A lot even thought he would struggle at championship level. Well if he moves to Rotherham we're about to find out.

I see Harry nearly every match as he uses the same car park as us, and he was at the Donny away game. I think we'll see him again one day

Can we not apply a little of the "everyone deserves a second chance" principle here?

The lad has made a mistake. It is not within his power to reverse it but surely the fact that he has been seen at so many of our games recently shows where his heart is?

I suspect that if he could take a step back, he probably wouldn't make the same decision. Whilst I don't know the lad, from some of the comments made before he left us by those who do, I don't believe that money was his real motivation for moving, rather he had his head turned into believing he was better than he really was by an agent who arguably didn't have his client's best interests at heart.

...or Hull could have loaned him back to us for a year if we hadn't 'fallen out' with them.. :(

I see Harry nearly every match as he uses the same car park as us, and he was at the Donny away game. I think we'll see him again one day
I personally can't stand the fact that he took a ticket away from a true blade when he went to Donny,especially as i knew loads of blades that wanted to go to that.Very wrong imo.

My understanding of the situation is that Harry was definately going to sign for Rotherham and was looking forward to signing. Even as late as just a few days ago, RS said that he was in talks and set to sign but the deal couldn't be struck between the two clubs

Only heard this bit third hand, but apparently, Bruce stopped the deal happening because Harry is close to the first team. Whether they have injuries in the camp, or whether info is correct I don't know

I personally can't stand the fact that he took a ticket away from a true blade when he went to Donny,especially as i knew loads of blades that wanted to go to that.Very wrong imo.

He probably got a complimentary ticket from one of the other players

Might as well ship him off in a trawler to catch his supper, then.
He'll be able to see what real graft is then and maybe appreciate that playing is the be all and end all not sat there counting the coin, then counting it again, then totting up how much you have earned whilst sitting there, idle - then thinking about what portion of that money you can spend on what product or service that might cheer you up by the fact you are not playing football, or considering what time the bookies are open as you need some adrenalin to fill your day, or imagining what sort of contract you can take out on your agent for putting you in this position in the first place, or looking at the Blades fixture list on your smart phone wondering what time you can get to the match to watch your old mates play, wishing you were still there, playing and learning and enjoying life, but instead you are counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, wondering how much of a cunt you have been recently and regretting it.

Might as well ship him off in a trawler to catch his supper, then.
He'll be able to see what real graft is then and maybe appreciate that playing is the be all and end all not sat there counting the coin, then counting it again, then totting up how much you have earned whilst sitting there, idle - then thinking about what portion of that money you can spend on what product or service that might cheer you up by the fact you are not playing football, or considering what time the bookies are open as you need some adrenalin to fill your day, or imagining what sort of contract you can take out on your agent for putting you in this position in the first place, or looking at the Blades fixture list on your smart phone wondering what time you can get to the match to watch your old mates play, wishing you were still there, playing and learning and enjoying life, but instead you are counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, wondering how much of a cunt you have been recently and regretting it.
Here have a few full stops to use in the future .....;)

Here have a few full stops to use in the future .....;)
Whilst you are grammatically correct, Ghanders, it's comedic licence as it's intended to be a ramble so as to mimic how Harry's mind must work given the utterly naive decision he let his agent force him into at the embryonic stages of this season. That and the fact that I was trying to portray, in a textual manner, the lad sitting on a bench with nothing to do but contemplate his sorry lot.

If you're a missionary position only sort of guy - a meat and two veg type feller - then I can only state that the offending post was not for you.
I was merely attempting to spice up the forum a little to bring levity and joy for a few fleeting moments to a collection of lost souls, drawn together by a common thread of consciousness that is, Sheffield United Foible Club - and no, that is not a typo ;)

He probably got a complimentary ticket from one of the other players
No disrespect to you mate and i understand what you're saying,but i couldn't give a flying one whether he bought one for £100,i don't want any Wednesday fan getting tickets in our end when we have true blades wanting a ticket for the game.

Was Harry there tonight?
Anyone know if he enjoyed that?

He has some culpability in the situation we find ourselves in so he must be pleased to some degree

It's all Harry's fault. And Ched's.

No disrespect to you mate and i understand what you're saying,but i couldn't give a flying one whether he bought one for £100,i don't want any Wednesday fan getting tickets in our end when we have true blades wanting a ticket for the game.

I dont get your problem with Harry attending games. If he was a pig he would have been at the sty hes an ex player attending a match current players give complimentary tickets to who they want family and friends doesnt mean they are all Blades.
The ticket harry got probably wouldnt have been on general sale, if Harry hadnt had it some daft blonde bimbo might have had it
cos she knew one of the academy players proper Blade isnt she

Maguire wanted to stay at Hull, and fight for his place there. Source family.

Back
Top Bottom