saints

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Those comments aren't too bad, Paulus. Let's face it, I think we can forgive Southampton fans for being slightly confident going into this game! They're a fantastic side, my favourite to watch in the PL at the moment, and should wipe the floor with us in all honesty. No issues with confidence, I got annoyed last year when it was Forest and Charlton fans giving it big time. Very happy with this one, should be a full house, unlikely to take a Wednesday-style battering and you just never know. One thing we can all agree, it'll be better than the usual 'one coach and a car pool' sets of fans we're used to at Bramall Lane!

I know but it's always good to mix it a bit though;) Their thread has developed a bit now and they are already discussing semi-final venues and the like. Went to the Dell a few times when my mate worked in Southampton always thought they were a decent bunch - definitely preferable to the Pompey scum (although that might have something to do with my car being vandalised one away game long ago)

1. Away to Sheffield Utd good chance to get to the semi final.

2. Good draw
    All real banana skins but we have the best one on paper

3. That'll do, more interesting than a premier league team or a home draw!

4. Away but the lowest side left. Good draw.

5. Trip to Sheffield. Could be worse.​

6. Happy with that - Bournemouth in the semi's​

7. Who do we want in the semi-final?

Strait off SaintsWeb within a couple of minutes of the draw. Didn't take them long to get their billy big boots on. Surprised really, maybe they've forgotten already that they were in League 1 not that long ago. I reckon we can do 'em. UTB​

Other than the "who do we want in the semi-final" comment (and perhaps "Bournemouth in the semi's", depending how you interpret it) not really sure what's arrogant/billy big boots about those views tbh. They've just battered someone 8-0 and are flying high at the top end of the Premier League playing absolutely incredible football, they're clearly going to fancy their chances and be happy with a draw against a League One side. Regardless of how we're performing at the minute or how up for this we'll be, people surely can't deny that they do come into this one as the clear favourites.

Really looking forward to this though. Relatively big Premier League team at home with a chance of getting something. I don't think we'll win but for a southern side coming to a rocking Bramall Lane on a cold winters night it is never, ever going to be easy for them. If things start to go a bit tits up for them in the League and the confidence starts to drain then absolutely anything is possible for us.

UTB.

Looking at the BBC Website:

Championship side Bournemouth will play Liverpool in the quarter-finals of the Capital One Cup.
The south coast side have never featured in the last eight and will now host eight-time winners Liverpool at the Goldsands Stadium.
Derby have a home tie against Premier League leaders Chelsea, while League One Sheffield United welcome high-flying Southampton.
Newcastle, who knocked out holders Manchester City, travel to Tottenham.
The ties will be played in the week beginning 15 December.
Sheffield United reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup last season and are enjoying another good cup run after knocking out MK Dons in the previous round.
Championship leaders Derby are rewarded for coming from 2-0 down to beat Fulham 5-2 with a home draw against the Premier League leaders.
Bournemouth - the third of the non-Premier League sides left in the competition - eliminated West Brom on Tuesday.

So 'plucky Bournemouth' with 'nice guy Eddie Howe' get more headlines than third division Sheffield United who are playing current second place in PL Scumpton.

Fuck the media.

pommpey

So 'plucky Bournemouth' with 'nice guy Eddie Howe' get more headlines than third division Sheffield United who are playing current second place in PL Scumpton.

Fuck the media.

pommpey
It could be so different in the media .......................... if only we had a vile rapist in our team ;)

Can fully understand where the saints fans are coming from , we are the team they all wanted to draw ,
Lowest team left in the competition , with the supposed easiest route to the semi's ,
It's going to be a hard ask , would have given us no chance down there , but at BDTBL ,
On a cold Sheffield night , with the wind and rain howling , with the crowd rockin ,
Yup we've got a chance .

It could be so different in the media .......................... if only we had a vile rapist in our team ;)

I'm not sure why they didn't mention that.

"Second placed Southampton, who won the FA Cup in 1976 and used to have BBC bell-end Alan Shearer and Sky cuntwhistle Matt le Tissier playing for them sometime back travel up into the grim north to play Welsh-born Ched 'RAPIST' Evanseses's team (if he signs for them) Sheffield Wednesday ... hang on ... Sheffield United. United, who also play in red and white stripes and are called The Blades (I think) and are managed by former England manager Brian Clough.

Southampton, from the south of England beat other northern cunts Sunderland 10-0 last week and are that confident they'll win everything, they sold all their players, for a laff. They play in a big, beautiful stadium whereas Sheffield Wedn ... United play on a piece of land near the town centre where men in flat caps race whippets, bum sheep and dig coal. It says on Wikipedia that Sheffield used to be famous for knives and stuff and Olympic sprinter Jessica Rabbit comes from there but she lives in LONDON now with her boyfriend. My forecast for this game is Sheffield 0 - 31 SAINTS."

pommpey

Fuck the media.

pommpey

You forget that we ended MK Dons' 'magical cup run'.

You forget that we ended MK Dons' 'magical cup run'.
I noticed that last night on the league cup show.Instead of giving us the praise,Mk franchise got mentioned for their magical cup run even though they only played a Man Utd reserve side at HOME,wimbledon at HOME,Bradford at HOME and then us at fucking HOME,yet we play 3 sides away including one of the world's elite sides in West Sham:rolleyes:and get no fucking recognition what so ever,wankers the lot of em.

we play 3 sides away including one of the world's elite sides in West Sham:rolleyes:and get no fucking recognition what so ever,

Twas ever thus - thought you'd be used to that by now wiz. The day we are a fashionable club will be the day I drop dead with shock. Let them undervalue and dismiss us all they like - will only get our lads fired up and focussed. I'm praying for cold wind and that sort of drizzle that penetrates the bones and saps the soul - oh and lots of balloons, a sell-out at BDTBL and the loudest rendition of Greasy Chip Butty ever heard. I so wish I could be there.

UTB

Saints will be concentrating on the league so won't be fielding a full strength side against us, given the games they have before playing us and the long trip up north, there is no way they will be playing a full strength team, too much money in the premier league and they probably think that Burnley is their only chance for 3 points before they face us so that will be where their priorities lie. They wont be ready for the rough and tumble of a midweek fixture at the lane against Nigels team.

Let them underestimate us, many teams have done it before.

I can't wait for this match.

The FA Cup games will have shown Clough what Bramall Lane can be like - but with it been under the lights it will go up another level to anything he's seen at the Lane before.

Sensible pricing for the tickets, get it packed and lets have one of those nights.

Very happy with this one, should be a full house, unlikely to take a Wednesday-style battering and you just never know. One thing we can all agree, it'll be better than the usual 'one coach and a car pool' sets of fans we're used to at Bramall Lane!

Not sure about the 'full house'. Saints will be faced with similar problems the Charlton fans had in the Sunday Quarter Final. Extra time? Penalties? They should get home by Thursday! Be interesting how United handle the ticketing for this. No way will Saints sell all of the BL end. I'd give them the lower section and reserve the BLUT upper for 'occasional' United fans who will want to see this one. Look after our own and fuck them.

Good draw. There are no mugs left at this stage - all the shite, like Wednesday, are long gone. Should guarantee a full five minutes at the end of the 'highlights' programme on BBC.

Of course you do. It's the Bladesfans' Way. Make sure you take that mindset with you to the match, won't you? Let's hope our players are just as resolute as you too.
That's a really good point Pinch, and one which I can relate to greatly.

Last weekend, I played someone two grades up from me at Tennis 20 years younger than I. However, I thought "fuck it" and went for it. I hustled and hassled him, chased down everything, chipping away at his confidence, hit a few worldy winners and it got him rattled. "It's on", I thought and, looking into his eyes - so did he.

2-6, 2-6, 1-6.

A rocking BDTBL under lights. Someone needs to let Cloughie know the noise might remove eyebrows

Fuck it's tempting to try and get up for this one, especially as there's sod all chance it'll be on't tele.

That's a really good point Pinch, and one which I can relate to greatly.

Last weekend, I played someone two grades up from me at Tennis 20 years younger than I. However, I thought "fuck it" and went for it. I hustled and hassled him, chased down everything, chipping away at his confidence, hit a few worldy winners and it got him rattled. "It's on", I thought and, looking into his eyes - so did he.

2-6, 2-6, 1-6.

So you did a Henman and choked for the big one. No shame there, expert summariser post awaits!

At Bramall Lane I'd like to think we can give most teams a good game, hopefully Southampton hit a bit of bad form from now to December. They will be massive favourites but maybe its Porter's time to shine again!

No way will Saints sell all of the BL end. I'd give them the lower section and reserve the BLUT upper for 'occasional' United fans who will want to see this one. Look after our own and fuck them..

Southampton had over 2,000 fans for a midweek trip to Stoke last night.

They'll bring a lot of fans for a quarter final at Bramall Lane.

Southampton had over 2,000 fans for a midweek trip to Stoke last night.

They'll bring a lot of fans for a quarter final at Bramall Lane.

In that case Ted, tell 'em to book their tickets asap. If you guys bring 2 thousand to Stoke, we'd expect you to bring a lot more for a cup game on a Saturday. The ground will be rocking, and as we saw last season, a cup game does create a special buzz at Bramall Lane. Do not underestimate us, but I do like your man Tadic though.

Saints will be concentrating on the league so won't be fielding a full strength side against us, given the games they have before playing us and the long trip up north, there is no way they will be playing a full strength team.

Ronald Koeman has been taking the League Cup very seriously this season and have fielded very strong sides in all three games this season, (away games at Millwall, Arsenal and Stoke. Southampton) are likely to do the same for the quarter final as they'll see it a good opportunity to win a trophy and a route into Europe.

too much money in the premier league and they probably think that Burnley is their only chance for 3 points before they face us so that will be where their priorities lie

Between now and the quarter final Southampton have...

Hull City
Leicester City
Aston VIlla
Man City
Arsenal
Man Utd
Burnley

They are 2nd in the top flight and already have 19 points from 9 Premier League games and a +15 goal difference, they have shown themselves more than capable of getting results in the Premier League.

They wont be ready for the rough and tumble of a midweek fixture at the lane against Nigels team.

Let them underestimate us, many teams have done it before.

I think its you that is underestimating them. They are playing extremely well, packed full of internationals, full of confidence and the manager is playing strong sides in League Cup games.

Sorry graf, put it down to cup fever. Sure you're right, it'll be a Tuesday, unless the powers that be decide it should be played on a Weds for TV.

I'm praying that they do. I've got a gig to go to on the Tues which i'm not prepared to miss.

Back
Top Bottom