Trying to buy tickets online..a minefield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

United Aren't Back.

Reaction score
Tried buying a ticket for myself and my 15 yr old nephew for Orient tomorrow. That was Tuesday. The worse than useless website kept refusing my postcode despite asking for it.
An email to box office was answered with my my ID info etc.
I was able to log in.
It seemed yesterday on my phone that they had allowed me a chance to learn how to vary the type of ticket so I could get the juvenile ticket . But the pile of letters and numbers at end of the email is not a link but a pile of useless garbage you cannot even copy and paste it.
So thanks SUFC you have saved yourselves three quid but you look like Scrooge with a ton and a half of cringing incompetence thrown in.
Utterly shite service, shit website too by the way.

Can't say I've ever had a single problem over the years with the ticket office, whether online, via telephone or in person.

Ticket office staff are very helpful with a system that seems to be massively un-user-friendly. when you go to book tickets in some areas it is quite astonishing when you get to the ground to find that loads of seats that online it said were unavailable are empty.

I'm a pain in the arse customer for Utd. A grand total of 150 loyalty points, and I haven't lived in the UK for 15 years, let alone South Yorkshire. But, credit where it's due, they've always been helpful in sorting out my tickets - buy them online, and then email to explain it's not the address in Australia, it's not the address in Holland, and it's not even the new address in Singapore - can you just send them to Mum and Dad's in Rotherham as usual ?

Job's a good un, and I'll see you on the Kop on Saturday. Can't wait - worth every yard of the 13,000 mile round journey :)

I've never had an issue either online or in person (well, by email or phone) but then I do use my laptop rather than my phone to book

Tried to book tickets for Doncater on line and despite having enough points on each account it kept throwing that pre requisite message up

Tried to book tickets for Doncater on line and despite having enough points on each account it kept throwing that pre requisite message up

After adding the second (or more), did you click "Update Cart" ?

If not, it was probably trying to allocate all the tickets to the original customer number, therefore stopping you from purchasing.

After adding the second (or more), did you click "Update Cart" ?

If not, it was probably trying to allocate all the tickets to the original customer number, therefore stopping you from purchasing.
No no, I updated the cart and checked I'd put in the correct customer with enough points. Ended up phoning for tickets and you know how that would upset me if I had to pay premium.

Just bought my Southampton cup ticket online through the reserved cup ticket section.

Effortless really, which annoyed me as now I've got to do some actual work

Southampton tickets aren't listed as an option for me under My Reserved Cup games, since I have a ST in John St, does this mean I have to book by phone? (JSS tickets aren't available on the standard online ticket sales system).

Southampton tickets aren't listed as an option for me under My Reserved Cup games, since I have a ST in John St, does this mean I have to book by phone? (JSS tickets aren't available on the standard online ticket sales system).

I'm in the same boat, as I've been a little busy and not got round to sorting them.

They were there until Friday I'd assume.

Not sure if they were ever there - Crewe replay reserved tix were still available last night, so I'd have expected Soton to be OK to reserve for a week or so yet.

Not sure if they were ever there - Crewe replay reserved tix were still available last night, so I'd have expected Soton to be OK to reserve for a week or so yet.

Mine weren't :(

I'm in the same boat, as I've been a little busy and not got round to sorting them.

They were there until Friday I'd assume.

I bought my Soton tix on-line but forgot to buy Crewe tix - could buy for anywhere but not the Family Stand.

25 minutes of Hold Me For The Last Time later my tix for Crewe purchased.

Never had to wait so long

I bought my Soton tix on-line but forgot to buy Crewe tix - could buy for anywhere but not the Family Stand.

25 minutes of Hold Me For The Last Time later my tix for Crewe purchased.

Never had to wait so long

I was 23 minutes.

How often does everyone else get "Server Error in '/' Application."? I must have tried 10+ times to buy 4 tickets for Spurs away and it goes round and round in a circle of stupid fucking errors and redirects. I can update the basket or change a name on one of the four tickets and it will just take me back to the homepage. I then have to wait 5 minutes for those "reserved" tickets to disappear from the basket (even though it says it is empty) before I can attempt again.

At this juncture i'd like to take the opportunity to remind everyone that using a site that takes credit card information, that will also happily send you your password via email is pure folly.

If they can't even get the basics of password management right, then there's no chance on this fucking planet that i'm going to tap my credit card details into their system.

Screen Shot 2014-12-30 at 13.56.54.png

Last edited:
27 attempts later I finally have 4 Spurs tickets.

And RSI.

27 attempts later I finally have 4 Spurs tickets.

And RSI.

Sounds very much like the load balancing at fault, I'd imagine someone forgot to set the correct key and as a "security" measure, it's stopping you perform the checkout action.

Will raise the issue :)

Sounds very much like the load balancing at fault, I'd imagine someone forgot to set the correct key and as a "security" measure, it's stopping you perform the checkout action.

Will raise the issue :)

Cheers. I should have catalogued all the errors but I would say with pretty high confidence that every single action I performed on that site resulted in an unexpected result.

I'm trying to buy a ticket for Preston (cup match) on-line and it is trying to charge me £12 whereas it should be £10 for a season ticket holder, which I am. Anyone else have this problem?

Just had a look even though I can't get mine till tomorrow and yes, it is showing £12 as the only option for adults for me as well. Its the same for the concession price which should be £5 for season ticket holders, but shows at £6.

Just had a look even though I can't get mine till tomorrow and yes, it is showing £12 as the only option for adults for me as well. Its the same for the concession price which should be £5 for season ticket holders, but shows at £6.

There are actually two options.

I went for the first one initially but the second one is for season ticket holders :)

Reactions: KPO

Back
Top Bottom