Updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 2m2 minutes ago
#sufc NC says he's considering other loan deals but that could depend on progression in the cups.

0 replies3 retweets0 favorites
Retweet3
Favorite
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 4m4 minutes ago
#sufc NC says Andy Butler's future at the club wont be considered until loan at #drfc ends in Jan.

0 replies3 retweets1 favorite
Retweet3
Favorite1
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 5m5 minutes ago
#sufc boss NC says Blackpool's Steven Davis is one of a number of targets. He added its unlikely anything will happen on loan front b4 sat.

0 replies4 retweets1 favorite
Retweet4
Favorite1
More
Andy Giddings @Gids1980 · 7m7 minutes ago
#sufc boss NC says Wallace, McEverley, Flynn and McCarthy will all require late checks ahead of crewe game. #twitterblades

How are clubs involved in a 46 game season and 3 cup competitions (from the first round) meant to maintain the same starting 11?

In addition, say your best player has been injured since the start of the season why shouldn't you be able to play him in a match just because he's not featured in recent games?

If you ignored that rule but still won the tie, would you be in trouble?

What if your preferred first XI all had the same stomach bug and missed the previous league match, and you wanted to put your strongest team out for the trophy match?

What if you had a Battle of Bramall Lane incident in the preceding league match and you couldn't physically pick six from the previous league game as they're all now injured and suspended?

I wonder if there's a rule about third party influence in FL competitions as there is in the PL, as the competition organisers would be breaching that rule on behalf of all 48 clubs.
I guess that answers my first question.

The club should take my other questions to the Football League and tell them to do one.

Is the JPT not an ideal place to blood youngsters / fringe players. How can clubs promote that if they get fined for changing the team. How are teams supposed to give youth a chance with these silly restrictions.

Suppose it's all about money again, the sponsors want to ensure a good competition under their name and Sky (spit) will want full 1st teams turning out.

I wonder when the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal are ever going to get properly punished for consistantly fielding weakened teams in the FA and League cup.

Is the JPT not an ideal place to blood youngsters / fringe players. How can clubs promote that if they get fined for changing the team. How are teams supposed to give youth a chance with these silly restrictions.
Great point. The alternative is we play only senior players and close to the same XI for as much of the league, JPT, LC and FAC games as possible, then when the injuries and suspensions pile on in mid-season we won't be able to put a team out because the fringe players got fed up and left and the youth have zero experience.

If we make the final I think Clough should put out the same XI that started at Hartlepool, just to make a point.

For the JPT we should just come out onto the pitch in the first game and just sit in the center circle and let whoever plays us win 90+ / 0 and show up just how important the bag of shit trophey is. If it costs us 1 penny we're better off out of it

Some of these rules are shit.

I am involved with a women's team that has just been promoted to the WPL. Even the first round of the league cup isn't regionalised. We were drawn away in Bristol, couldn't afford to go (we rely almost exclusively on player subs) and have been fined £500 that we haven't got. Which probably means that we won't be able to afford to have an Under 9s team next season.

Football administrators are often mad.

Some of these rules are shit.

I am involved with a women's team that has just been promoted to the WPL. Even the first round of the league cup isn't regionalised. We were drawn away in Bristol, couldn't afford to go (we rely almost exclusively on player subs) and have been fined £500 that we haven't got. Which probably means that we won't be able to afford to have an Under 9s team next season.

Football administrators are often mad.

you should have phoned bristol and told them youd pay £100 for their reserve team or just freinds of their players to come out in your kit and throw the match

If we make the final I think Clough should put out the same XI that started at Hartlepool, just to make a point.
Good point,but by the time the final comes round,we propably won't have some of them players here anymore;)

So the loan players we were told would be signed early October look like not been signed by the end of it.
We will not get anybody in while ever we're winning,but then the board will say why should we IF we carry on winning.

Fuck it, walk away from the shit cup.
No. Get to the final then put a 'weakened' side out. Win it that will grab the headlines.
What was the side and how many have been involved since?

Silly rules for a cup whose only true meaning is for fringe players and first team players coming back from injury, to get a run out.

I wonder when the likes of Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal are ever going to get properly punished for consistantly fielding weakened teams in the FA and League cup.

Think the clue's in the name. The FA would never have the spine to impose a rule like that on their beloved big clubs. Same with the Football League and the League Cup. God forbid upsetting the big boys. Arguably we knew the rules beforehand so this could have been avoided but it is a silly rule. Rather we just take the fine on the chin though than do what Megson did with t'other lot a few seasons back and just substitute 3 players at the first stoppage of the game.

I know Im going against the grain here but I think Utd are in the wrong. Rules are there to be adhered by and the sponsors put a lot of money into football. Fans are the last to be thought of again ,paying good money to travel and see a decent team put out. Ok we won which paints a false picture ,but plenty were slagging Megson and the grunters a couple of years ago when he made 3 subs in the first 10 minutes including me. we could have fielded a side containing the required players and still made subs ,Hartlepool couldn't because a) they probably don't have enough players and b) they couldn't afford the fine. Lets not drop to the 'massives' and WHU standards and think we are above the rules. Wait until Man Utd do it against us in some competition , we would moan like fuck then.

Sitwell, I agree in principle, but with many new players and injuries, even the management cant stick to a settled starting 11. Cough hardly put a bunch of third rate players in. Common sense has to prevail, sadly it didn't.

Put it this way. If he had scored another 10 goals we might have had to pay £5k in goal bonuses. So we should treat it like we had spanked them 12-1

The other way of looking at it is the Football League are effectively telling Stephen McGinn and Chris Porter they are crap. Poor form from the football league.

Also where is the fine for Hartlepool? Their team wasn't strong enough, I haven't heard of any of them.

I get why they do it, but it's just too arbitrary. Who decides what is and isn't strong enough? What if after that game Clough was so impressed with the performance he played the same eleven in the remainder of the league fixtures, won them all and won the league?

No. Get to the final then put a 'weakened' side out. Win it that will grab the headlines.
What was the side and how many have been involved since?
As long as you tell your fans this before they buy tickets to shit wembley for the shit cup

Back
Top Bottom