JPT thing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Picking up on what Clough said earlier about Diego and a few other fringe players likely to be playing against Hartlepool, what exactly are the rules on what strength team clubs must pick?

The team has to included six players who started the previous league game. I think it's started, anyway.

The team has to included six players who started the previous league game. I think it's started, anyway.
I remember in one JPT match Wendy started 6 players who played in the previous league match but subbed three of them very early in the 1st half!

I think the 5 fringe players who start might be Turner, McGinn, Reed, Porter and De Girolamo

If you ignored that rule but still won the tie, would you be in trouble?

What if your preferred first XI all had the same stomach bug and missed the previous league match, and you wanted to put your strongest team out for the trophy match?

What if you had a Battle of Bramall Lane incident in the preceding league match and you couldn't physically pick six from the previous league game as they're all now injured and suspended?

I wonder if there's a rule about third party influence in FL competitions as there is in the PL, as the competition organisers would be breaching that rule on behalf of all 48 clubs.

I hope cloudy just goes into U18s and asks if anyone fancies a game. We shouldn't be risking any players for this worthless cup. Do what Wednesday did the other year at Bradford, bring 3 players off after 5 minutes, and be done with it. More games we just don't need, let's get promoted!!!

I remember in one JPT match Wendy started 6 players who played in the previous league match but subbed three of them very early in the 1st half!

Megson was grinning from ear to ear when he carried out those substitutions. And there's the guy who accused us of cheating in the Battle of Bramall Lane match

Megson was grinning from ear to ear when he carried out those substitutions. And there's the guy who accused us of cheating in the Battle of Bramall Lane match

It's not cheating though. That said, Megson probably thought he was really clever and to use Kevin Keegan's phrase, I'd have LOVED IT had they had their sub keeper sent off after 25 mins.

I hope cloudy just goes into U18s and asks if anyone fancies a game. We shouldn't be risking any players for this worthless cup. Do what Wednesday did the other year at Bradford, bring 3 players off after 5 minutes, and be done with it. More games we just don't need, let's get promoted!!!

Is that your new pet name for our Nige? ;)

Presumably you are hoping that it will precipitate a win?

If you ignored that rule but still won the tie, would you be in trouble?

What if your preferred first XI all had the same stomach bug and missed the previous league match, and you wanted to put your strongest team out for the trophy match?

What if you had a Battle of Bramall Lane incident in the preceding league match and you couldn't physically pick six from the previous league game as they're all now injured and suspended?

I wonder if there's a rule about third party influence in FL competitions as there is in the PL, as the competition organisers would be breaching that rule on behalf of all 48 clubs.
If another team did it, they'd probably be removed from the competition and replaced by the team they beat. No big deal it's only the JPT. However you just know that if Sheffield United tried it, they'd be fined 6 million pounds, relegated to the 8th tier and forced to play behind closed doors for the next thousand years

I wonder how many would make the trip to Wembley if we reached the JPT final. I think I would. 15-20K?

So does anyone give a toss about this cup?

So does anyone give a toss about this cup?

Yes, can't wait to feel a North Sea gale blowing up me shorts on a cold tuesday night, with the little un's saying 'we'd rather have been doing homework, dad'

That'll teach them:D

25-30k is my guess

There's a cracking veggy indian place in Wembley High Street that me & Ken Jnr found last time we were there for the semi
That would be incentive enough to travel :)

I'd like us to win it if I'm honest, prob be the only piece of silverware I'm likely to see us lift ever. Unless we dare I say it? Win league 1.

25-30k is my guess
Absolutely no chance. The 33k we took for the Hull match was magnificent but - apart from the JPT being aimed at 'little' teams to have a 'big day out' - I think Wembley fatigue would set in for this. 15k max.

Wendy, on the other hand, would sell out. Not because they're so massive, but it would be their first (and probably last) chance to see the 'new' Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom