Chopping and changing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Revolution

Reaction score
I know that it hasn't been entirely of Clough's own choosing but looking at the squad stats today I was amazed to see that despite playing only 8 league games only 3 players - Davies, Howard and McGahey - are ever present.

Clough really doesn't know what his best side is, does he?

I also noticed that there is one common feature of our 3 defeats - those are the only 3 games that Scougs has started this season. Probably a co-incidence, but whilst I hope Clough leaves out Basham after Saturday I also hope his alternative isn't Scougs and Reed in the same midfield.

Scoogs for one has been injured, along with Wallace. Niggles have also led to Murphy, Flynn, harris being dropped. Poor form has been the reason for higdon and mcnulty being rotated. I see your point about a settled side but I'm sure clough would like one as much us we would

Well all those pre-season polls and threads about squad strength vs first team have been resoundingly answered in any case.

I know that it hasn't been entirely of Clough's own choosing but looking at the squad stats today I was amazed to see that despite playing only 8 league games only 3 players - Davies, Howard and McGahey - are ever present.

Clough really doesn't know what his best side is, does he?

I also noticed that there is one common feature of our 3 defeats - those are the only 3 games that Scougs has started this season. Probably a co-incidence, but whilst I hope Clough leaves out Basham after Saturday I also hope his alternative isn't Scougs and Reed in the same midfield.

Another common feature of our three defeats is that the opposition played 3-5-2.

So 10 games in and Mark Howard is the only ever present...

Yep. After 10 games you would expect more than just your goalie to be the ever present player......consistent team selection = consistent performance. Cannot really judge if its the team or just simply the manager.

So 10 games in and Mark Howard is the only ever present...
...... Uhm, yeah!
I know we pick up a few injuries but it's like we are in preseason still.
I'm hearing people say we need a centre half, a holding midfielder, two new wing backs, and a striker.... Other than the keeper, that's a new team ain't it? And it seems Clough agrees

Back
Top Bottom