View from Boro

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember they were our big rivals for promotion, but we ended up winning the league by a big margin

We did, but at that point in time we needed to win. Morris and Edwards tore them a new one that night and we pissed all over them. It was basically the night we knew we were going up. Happy days (not just the fact I was only 23).

“Sheffield United fans were very quiet all evening, until they scored both their goals. Very strange for away fans “
Hmmmm,very strange,why do only our 'quiet fans' go to these away games ?
Maybe we should only sell tickets to 'noisy'fans :p

So Sheffield FC beat them yesterday as well as us. No wonder they're so bitter. There are only so many defeats you can take in one day.

and apparantly we lost to "Bristol" on the first game of the season, who are a Rugby team. We were really bitter about that aswell.

“Sheffield United fans were very quiet all evening, until they scored both their goals. Very strange for away fans “
Hmmmm,very strange,why do only our 'quiet fans' go to these away games ?
Maybe we should only sell tickets to 'noisy'fans :p

It's funny how our fans are always at their most quiet when we lose :confused:

and apparantly we lost to "Bristol" on the first game of the season, who are a Rugby team. We were really bitter about that aswell.

Don't recall anyone accusing them of playing football like a rugby team, nor did we accuse the referee of actually being biased, nor did we say they were a rubbish team. In fact some were saying they may well end up top of the division. And we were not critical of their supporters. As said by someone else, most of the bitter comments were directed at our own players, management, board etc. not at Bristol City.

However, some did refer to Bristol City as Bristol, which I agree could be seen as somewhat hypocritical.

Don't recall anyone accusing them of playing football like a rugby team, nor did we accuse the referee of actually being biased, nor did we say they were a rubbish team. In fact some were saying they may well end up top of the division. And we were not critical of their supporters. As said by someone else, most of the bitter comments were directed at our own players, management, board etc. not at Bristol City.

However, some did refer to Bristol City as Bristol, which I agree could be seen as somewhat hypocritical.

Loads of people were referring to Bristol City as Bristol, and yet the same people get the hump when we are referred to as Sheffield.

Loads of people were referring to Bristol City as Bristol, and yet the same people get the hump when we are referred to as Sheffield.

I would say it was some, not loads.

To be honest, it only really annoys me when we are playing another 'United', and they get referred to as 'United' and we get called 'Sheffield'.

Last edited:
I seem to remember that back in the spring of 1982 Peterborough were one of our rivals for promotion out of the fourth division, and their manager made some pretty scathing/disrespectful comments about us. Unfortunately for him I think he made them prior to the game at London Road. Probably would have been more sensible to say nothing as great joy was had by all when we absolutely stuffed them 4-0, and then stuffed them again by an identical score some two weeks later at Bramall Lane.

He did indeed and said "They (SUFC) would do that much defending, they won't have time to attack (meaning the threat of Morris/Edwards)" - from memory we were 3 nil up after 20 minutes - game over!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom