Gone Elsewhere Kieron Agard

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where the fuck have they got all their money from,unless Baldock is going.

If it's as accurate as WH usually is, it's probably false. However, didn't the Bristol fan on here a couple of weeks ago suggest they've got plenty of money - new stadium etc? If it is true, they'll be even more of a threat, a Bournemouth, Brentford of last year - teams who always seem to have a sugar daddy, while we....

If it's as accurate as WH usually is, it's probably false. However, didn't the Bristol fan on here a couple of weeks ago suggest they've got plenty of money - new stadium etc? If it is true, they'll be even more of a threat, a Bournemouth, Brentford of last year - teams who always seem to have a sugar daddy, while we....
I'm not going to finish that sentance off, it will bring em all out:D

Rob Staton‏@robstaton 34s
Rotherham Utd's Kieran Agard has signed for Bristol City on a three year deal. Undisclosed fee. #RUFC

Gutted we couldnt get him. Still strange that he wants to drop back down a div straight away.

Gutted we couldnt get him. Still strange that he wants to drop back down a div straight away.

Leeds appear to be in a mess, Rotherham are tiny and Bristol are showing ambition. This can often lure players to clubs on the up.

Ah, the titans that are Bristol City, champions elect.

We shall see...

Leeds appear to be in a mess, Rotherham are tiny and Bristol are showing ambition. This can often lure players to clubs on the up.

maybe, but surely he could give it a season in the champ with rotherham first?

maybe, but surely he could give it a season in the champ with rotherham first?

Maybe he sees Bristol City as a better long term bet. They are showing ambition and, if they get promoted this season, are more likely to push for the play offs in the league above next year than Rotherham. All it takes is an unspectacular season with Rotherham this year and interest from better clubs will dry up.

Or they could just be paying him shit loads!

Maybe he sees Bristol City as a better long term bet. They are showing ambition and, if they get promoted this season, are more likely to push for the play offs in the league above next year than Rotherham. All it takes is an unspectacular season with Rotherham this year and interest from better clubs will dry up.

Or they could just be paying him shit loads!

I get the money argument, but as for ambition, Rotherham have just had successive promotions, cant get more ambitious than that. i'm sure interest wont dry up if he has a decent season he will be a better player for playing in the champ for a year.

I was equally bemused when Paggy Madden dropped from Yeovil in the champ to league 2 last season, didnt and still doesnt make sense.

Guessing - Rotherham = £2k per week. Bristol = £5k per week + signing on fee. My hunch is that Agard is thinking with his wallet.

Gavlar there are several rumours about Madden's attitude which might explain that move - or the lack of alternative for him once it was clear that Yeovil wanted rid.

I get the money argument, but as for ambition, Rotherham have just had successive promotions, cant get more ambitious than that. i'm sure interest wont dry up if he has a decent season he will be a better player for playing in the champ for a year.

I was equally bemused when Paggy Madden dropped from Yeovil in the champ to league 2 last season, didnt and still doesnt make sense.

Why not? He was garbage last season!

and sensational the yr before

If we're going down that line, take a look at his career statistics. Hugely underwhelming. He's another Beavon. Agard may be as well. Some of us really do get carried away by other clubs and their players!

If we're going down that line, take a look at his career statistics. Hugely underwhelming. He's another Beavon. Agard may be as well. Some of us really do get carried away by other clubs and their players!

When other teams can get promoted and we stay in league 1 is it suprising?

When other teams can get promoted and we stay in league 1 is it suprising?

Not with Blades fans, no. Any player signed by another club is one we've missed out on. I could write a book about (some of) our fans' unique (and unattractive) characteristics.

Not with Blades fans, no. Any player signed by another club is one we've missed out on. I could write a book about (some of) our fans' unique (and unattractive) characteristics.

Yeh i hear you, the grass is always greener and all that. I'm really pleased we signed Higdon, and I hope McNulty does really well.
Baxter is a good option also, but I still think Agard would have been a great addition and by stopping Bristol City get him we would also have been weakening our opponents. Still we may end up with other strikers before the end of the transfer window, and one in oct mentioning no names.

Why don't you then? I could write a book about the Franco-Prussian War but it would be shit, which is the main reason I haven't.

Why don't you then? I could write a book about the Franco-Prussian War but it would be shit, which is the main reason I haven't.

Lack of time mate. I have to do a couple of hours work today followed by a pressing round of golf. In truth, the book is already on here in instalments. If it was good enough for Charlie Dickens, it's good enough for me.

Yeh i hear you, the grass is always greener and all that. I'm really pleased we signed Higdon, and I hope McNulty does really well.
Baxter is a good option also, but I still think Agard would have been a great addition and by stopping Bristol City get him we would also have been weakening our opponents. Still we may end up with other strikers before the end of the transfer window, and one in oct mentioning no names.

I don't think there's any "may" about October. :) :eek:

Like that perspective Gav, same goes for Pinchers too. Think there may be a partnership to be had between Higdon and McNulty, and if the newly trim Baxter shows more consistency, well who knows what we'll do? Looking forward to seeing Wallace as well, if he's anything close to what's been described, he may be the glue that brings everything together....just not holding my breath though, an old Blade trait I'm afraid, healthy cynicism etc......long way to go though before making hard and harsh judgements, let's see if we can show the necessary consistency that's needed to get us promoted. UTB

So the mighty Bristol City and their 10,000 crowds show our game-changing Board what ambition looks like.

Also have a look at the comments from some of their fans about going bust if they dont win promotion this season, what a sensible business model that it.....

Rotherham have just had successive promotions, cant get more ambitious than that.

I don't go along with that. Ambition is a statement of what will happen in future, not the past. You could argue quite easily that the Championship is the absolute peak for Rotherham, so why not get out at the top of that particular curve? Can you honestly see them in the Premier League?

I would argue that Bristol City could just about sustain fighting relegation in the Premier League at their own peak. And if he gets a good pay rise out of it too, it's a no-brainer IMO.

Back
Top Bottom