Fenerbahce game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

About 20 bell ends embarrassed the other good fans, and nearly hit that ball boy too.

Shame as that killed the atmosphere quite a bit.

Cracking nights entertainment down at the Lane.

McGahey and Reed looked absolutely top drawer, i will be very disappointed if we don't see more of them this season.

Bloody hell....looks like Fenerbahce fans are trying to burn down the upper tier with the amount of flares they've lit...
Bet it's mayhem when they play at homeo_O

A bloke sat behind me said it never happens at home games only when they go away, a flare nearly hit a young ball boy, raul meireles went mad.

Very impressed with tonight. Lots of positives indeed. Just which JCR would cross the ball more rather than trying to beat the man all the time. He can get the ball in lovely from the wing but prefers to try and beat his man which he fails to do but maybe I am looking for something to moan about?

I think we completely changed for the better when Basham and Wallace came on. JCR, Howard and Reed were very good. Butler and Collins/McGahey looked a lot more solid than in the Huddersfield game. Looks promising.

Fucking wankers chucking them down on our young ball boys and girls,absolute wankers.:mad:

Not that it excuses them , but they weren't chucking them AT the ballboys, they were just trying to get rid. But friggin' stupid in the first place and had one of the kids got hit it would have been terrible.

Very impressed with tonight. Lots of positives indeed. Just which JCR would cross the ball more rather than trying to beat the man all the time. He can get the ball in lovely from the wing but prefers to try and beat his man which he fails to do but maybe I am looking for something to moan about?

Played him on the left which I didn't agree with in fact played a few out of position

Personally with the dead balls that Ben Davies delivers he has to start only problem is I don't know where, played the full 90 mins tonight and was my MOTM.

Very good game. We looked organised, fit and strong enough. All in all we should be really excited for the new season. We've got someone in charge who can organise a group of players and utilise our resources.

Ben Davis - Had a solid game, made some amazing runs down the flank and made his opposite number look like a fool on numerous occasions.

Howard - Pulled off some absolutely top draw saves after some good Fenerbahce play.

Porter - We won't win the league with him but he's Chris Porter and a great sub.

Louis Reed - Very exciting prospect, like how he runs at players. Had a solid game tonight.

AArrrgghhhh!!!!!

When will this end?

:)

UTB

2018 in Moscow?

I'm pleased with what people have said tonight. In particular Wallace and Basham seem to have impressed? I'm hoping to see these two patrolling centre midfield this season (unless we get Coady back - I ❤️ him). Time to move on (with thanks) from Doyler.

2018 in Moscow?

I'm pleased with what people have said tonight. In particular Wallace and Basham seem to have impressed? I'm hoping to see these two patrolling centre midfield this season (unless we get Coady back - I ❤️ him). Time to move on (with thanks) from Doyler.

Yep, definitely positive signs tonight Pinch. The center backs looked good too. I came away very pleased, and now bored shitless with my own noise....."we need a fucking striker!!!!" :)

UTB

Cracking nights entertainment down at the Lane.

McGahey and Reed looked absolutely top drawer, i will be very disappointed if we don't see more of them this season.

Agree about Reed but Mcgahey still looks very raw and finds the opposition more times than a red and white shirt. I am not saying that this lad won't go on to make a good defender, certainly has the build & potential, but nowhere near top drawer for me I'm afraid. Decent performance tonight against good opponents, plus marks for Howard, Alcock, Butler, Collins, Reed, Wallace, Flynn, Campbell-Ryce, De Girolamo, Porter, average Davies, McGahey, Doyle, minus McGinn.
Oh and to our sycophantic announcer, we play Bristol CITY a week on Saturday not Bristol, show them some respect, we don't like it when it happens to us.

Enjoyed it tonight despite leaving before the winner :oops:

A few thoughts:
We still lack a spark and quality up front, but I thought as a whole we played some decent stuff at times.
Thought the defence played very narrow, and let them have width, but probably required us to be compact to counter their quality.
The 2 new centre halves looked solid enough.
Was nice to see us experiment with Flynn and Davies as full backs.
Thought Reed did very well.
Howard made some excellent saves and is cementing his place as a decent keeper.
Doyle's distribution remains 'as was' I think hope this squad now has a bit more quality in midfield now than him.
Was a bit disappointed in McNulty, his first touch doesn't look all that good, more to come from him hopefully.
Was impressed with Campbell-Ryce, looked dangerous down the wing and put some decent crosses in.
They had some cracking players, Alves stood out at the back and also their number 10, felt they could have turned it up a couple of notches if they'd wanted to.

Enjoyed tonight, not sure how we won on balance of play !

In patches Fenerbache were terrific for quick and incisive passing and breaking at speed. Some good examples from the video they will have of the game. Obviously there's a big gulf in class but I'd be delighted if we play like that.

One player who didn't impress me was McNulty. Despite our two goals we still look to be struggling for a good finisher. Nigel will know this, hopefully he can persuade the right person to join us.

McNulty may well pick up the pace once he gets regular competitive minutes. It will be a step up for him.

Not sure what to take from tonight other than a good example of how peoples preconceptions of players are not affected by their performance. Not necessarily on here, I haven't had chance to read much yet, but certainly in the terraces.

Example 1: porter rounds the keeper, pulls a cross back and is cleared to which a guy behind me shouts 'fucks sake porter, just put it in'. For those of you who weren't there, he must have been 6inches from the byline.

Example 2: Doyle misplaces a pass, to groans around me, reed attemps a dross-field ball which falls short to a warm ripple of applause. (Though he played well tonight as a side note)

Example 3: de girolamo picks the ball up after a throw in, runs the ball out of play, everyone applauds and the guy infront says to his mate 'he looks class that lad'. Couldn't believe what id heard!

Sums up football fans in general really, when someone is loved or hated, that's the way it shall remain!

Decent game as pre-season goes, very pedestrian at times as to be expected, but nice to win all the same.

Signs of promise: Wallace, Basham, JCR
Would like to see more of: McNulty, mcgahey, reed

Not enough to judge the other 'unknown quantities'.

Enjoyed tonight, not sure how we won on balance of play !

In patches Fenerbache were terrific for quick and incisive passing and breaking at speed. Some good examples from the video they will have of the game. Obviously there's a big gulf in class but I'd be delighted if we play like that.

One player who didn't impress me was McNulty. Despite our two goals we still look to be struggling for a good finisher. Nigel will know this, hopefully he can persuade the right person to join us.

McNulty may well pick up the pace once he gets regular competitive minutes. It will be a step up for him.
Mcnulty is a striker,not a right sided midfield player,so to judge him on that performance tonight isn't right imo.

Mcnulty is a striker,not a right sided midfield player,so to judge him on that performance tonight isn't right imo.

Agreed, but towards the end when he went up front there was a chance where a better touch would have seen him through on goal - it was poor and the defender knocked it behind. May have been the incident that led to the corner for the goal in fact. Certainly worth being patient with the guy though.

I thought Porter actually run the centerbacks quite well in the first half, he made 3-4 intelligent runs that weren't picked up.

He also took his goal well from an admittedly unmarked position
Porter is clever, he's just really slow, most terrace know it alls only recognise the latter. It takes some nouse to get the two yard wonder goals a-la v forest

Back
Top Bottom