New Kit for next year?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

agm

Nice Effort. for me, stripes need to be thicker and back needs to be stripes as well. No solid backs.

FIFA's war on stripes has seen the end of big brands making kits with stripey backs. Just be grateful you're not a Southampton fan, they have had to abandon their stripes for a shot at mid table premiership football.

Yes, I can just see all those kids in Malaysia and S. Korea ditching their Man Utd shirts and donning red and white stripes, now we are with Adidas....

I think the 'Global Brand' is more along the lines of the Bangladeshi and Indian kids that will be making them....

Are there any decent kits out there made by Adidas ?
Personally I always preferred umbro, best kits we've had...so far

FIFA's war on stripes has seen the end of big brands making kits with stripey backs. Just be grateful you're not a Southampton fan, they have had to abandon their stripes for a shot at mid table premiership football.

they changed theirs as part of their anniversary and never went back. Wouldn't be surprised to see the stripes return next season ;)

Here is a pic of her wearing the shirt, spoilt by the typical (pre) teenage girl pose and hairy Dad plus Uncle . I believe it was 86/87 season which with a bit of research means the most likely wearer of it would have been Arnott, Dempsey or Kuhl.
St Josephs.jpg

Yes, I can just see all those kids in Malaysia and S. Korea ditching their Man Utd shirts and donning red and white stripes, now we are with Adidas....

Most times I've visited the Far East to so called big markets like China, Malaysia and Thailand you rarely see genuine kits, market stalls and shops selling snide rip offs!

Even in Milan the other week, I walked past a shop near the main station flogging Man U, Chelsea, arsenal, barca and Bayern shirts... All fakes.

As for the Malaysian kids they're fickle, but only on success - there were very few Chelsea fans the first time I visited KL in 04, all were Man U. Now it seems the Chelsea and Man City fans have come out of the woodwork.

Most times I've visited the Far East to so called big markets like China, Malaysia and Thailand you rarely see genuine kits, market stalls and shops selling snide rip offs!

Even in Milan the other week, I walked past a shop near the main station flogging Man U, Chelsea, arsenal, barca and Bayern shirts... All fakes.

As for the Malaysian kids they're fickle, but only on success - there were very few Chelsea fans the first time I visited KL in 04, all were Man U. Now it seems the Chelsea and Man City fans have come out of the woodwork.

Casual Milan drop there Swiss. Shopping for Prada?

Not that I care too much as I haven't worn a shirt for years but I wouldn't take a Star report as official, especially with no actual quote from a confirmed source. Just saying like :)

Can wear what they like for me as long as they win!
Fair enough, but it does say a bit about how were now moving forward commercially.

It's good news that the whole range of clothing in the club shop will be Adidas. Ive never had an issue with the kits of macron, but the leisure range has been shocking. Macron only supplied some drill tops and a few t shirts as well as the kit. The rest of the club shop was filled with tat, cheap tat. I've not bought anything other than shirts and socks since le coq sportif

Casual Milan drop there Swiss. Shopping for Prada?
Ha! I can't help the places that I travel, shall I just mention "an unnamed EU city" in future.

No Prada, I bought that in Dubai the other week. Just bought Armani in Milan.... Well you did ask ;)

Anyone noticed that smaller teams get the more generic designs with Nike and Adidas?

Not just smaller teams mate. Almost every Adidas kit in the Premier League is the same "Tiro" template. Southampton and Fulham both use the "Campeon" template too.

Chelsea's home shirt isn't any of these templates although is identical to Bayern Munich, just blue rather than red.

All of these use the "Tiro" template...

southampton_2013-2014.gif stoke_city_2013-2014-away.gif swansea_city_2013-2014.gif

You'll also notice all striped shirts are the same.

hull_city_2013-2014.gif sunderland_2013-2014.gif west_bromwich_albion_2013-2014.gif west_bromwich_albion_2013-2014-away.gif

And here's the campeon template...

fulham_2013-2014.gif southampton_2013-2014-away.gif

Fair enough, but it does say a bit about how were now moving forward commercially.

It's good news that the whole range of clothing in the club shop will be Adidas. Ive never had an issue with the kits of macron, but the leisure range has been shocking. Macron only supplied some drill tops and a few t shirts as well as the kit. The rest of the club shop was filled with tat, cheap tat. I've not bought anything other than shirts and socks since le coq sportif

Thats the main thing for me, there might be some purchasable casual wear (ie polo shirts, t-shirts etc) for a change.

I see Ipswich have also have an adidas kit deal, which they announced with a wallpaper, so I thought we needed one.

Ipswich Town Adidas Kit Deal.jpg adidas bck.jpg

Back
Top Bottom