Transfer rumours 2014/2015 season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
To start the ball rolling, rumour courtesy of blades mad

"Danny Wilson (not that one) Young centre half now at Hearts, previously of Rangers and Liverpool as well as loans with (Blackpool and Bristol City).

Heard from a Rangers fan at work today rumours up there are we're after him this summer, said he would be available cheap due to Hearts' financial position. Mate said he was highly rated with Rangers but got a bit big for his boots when he was on the verge of Liverpool move and reckons that's why it didn't work out for him there.

Had a good season with Hearts also apparently, being made captain midway through season.

Anyway just passing on what I've heard, be an interesting one."

i just read on sky sports paper talk. "Sheffield United are ready to snap up Scotland U21 midfielder Fraser Fyvie from Wigan." there might be some truth in this as i heard he played for our U21 team the other day against leeds.

i just read on sky sports paper talk. "Sheffield United are ready to snap up Scotland U21 midfielder Fraser Fyvie from Wigan." there might be some truth in this as i heard he played for our U21 team the other day against leeds.

Lazy journalism!

We should have a thread of how many Derby current and ex players will Clough sign in the summer.

Aslong as they have a Beard who cares!

DAVE78 occasional poster on BM, (some think it's Paul Walker :D) has got a few things correct in the past and the odd thing didn't happen says 99% certain Brayford aint staying and 50/50 re Coady

The Brayford bit may be correct, as it's been reported this morning Ole wants all his loan players back in the squad regardless and mentioned Brayford by name

DAVE78 occasional poster on BM, (some think it's Paul Walker :D) has got a few things correct in the past and the odd thing didn't happen says 99% certain Brayford aint staying and 50/50 re Coady

The Brayford bit may be correct, as it's been reported this morning Ole wants all his loan players back in the squad regardless and mentioned Brayford by name

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-bring-back-john-6999269

It states he wants all loanees back for pre season training - no surprise there - it does not state that he is looking to keep everybody there for the season. JB is contracted to 2017 but if he is still behind Theophile and the ex Manure Brazilian then it's pretty certain he won't want to be sat on his arris all year again

Last edited:
Everybody has their price, if we offer them enough we will get them but I doubt they will want to loan him out again.

Everybody has their price, if we offer them enough we will get them but I doubt they will want to loan him out again.

I doubt the fee would be an issue Rossb123, it'll be the wages he's on, possibly upwards of £20K a week. With the financial stuff we have to comply with, plus any existing wage structure......sure you get the picture mate.

I'd love to see Brayford as a permanent member of our squad, but it's being in this division that's a problem. Another reason I loathe Div 1!

I doubt the fee would be an issue Rossb123, it'll be the wages he's on, possibly upwards of £20K a week. With the financial stuff we have to comply with, plus any existing wage structure......sure you get the picture mate.

I'd love to see Brayford as a permanent member of our squad, but it's being in this division that's a problem. Another reason I loathe Div 1!
Totally agree, I wrote my thoughts on the Brayford thread in general chat, I think unfortunately because of the league we are in it will very difficult to see him return.

Totally agree, I wrote my thoughts on the Brayford thread in general chat, I think unfortunately because of the league we are in it will very difficult to see him return.

That could just about be the sum total of it Ross, pity though, as Brayford is quality, and has definitely given us a boost as well as contributing to a greatly improved defence.

Thing is, I doubt there's a shortage of bright sparks down at t'Lane, so if any of 'em can conjure up some kind of clever wheeze that would suit everyone then you never know.....failing that, do you recall the Shrewsbury right back, Woods if I recall? Played well against us. Not on the same level as JB, but still impressed when he played at the Lane

That could just about be the sum total of it Ross, pity though, as Brayford is quality, and has definitely given us a boost as well as contributing to a greatly improved defence.

Thing is, I doubt there's a shortage of bright sparks down at t'Lane, so if any of 'em can conjure up some kind of clever wheeze that would suit everyone then you never know.....failing that, do you recall the Shrewsbury right back, Woods if I recall? Played well against us. Not on the same level as JB, but still impressed when he played at the Lane
Great shout! I mentioned him to my work colleague around the time we played them. To be honest I'd like to see Freeman join, he does have sides of his game he needs to work on but he has great potential and can play left or right.

Wardy was a team player under Nigel Clough at Derby. played up front, played on the wing, sat on the bench, did what he was told. Perhaps more a testamony to Nigel's man management skills more than anything though?

Kind of hoping Cardiff stay up!

There are two ways we can get Brayford:
1) Cardiff realise they have a player on 15k plus p/w that will never play for them in the next 3 years. They pay him off on a reduced rate to save wages and allow him to play football. The windfall allows us to pay him a lot less and he gets to play for a club whose fans don masks, beards and novelty t shirts of him, which to be fair, must be quite an inducement because who doesn't want a bit of love.

2) they loan him to us and pay 75% of his wages

Franck Moussa is out of contract in the summer. Would be a great signing if we could get him.

That's a good shout if we don't get Coady. Otherwise it'd be another CM to add to the collection of Doyle, McGinn, Dimiao, Scougall & Coady.

I'd also like to know what Brentford are planning on doing with that Diagoririririouga fella...

I know we've looked at Mettam at Worksop, but a mate of mine in Norn Iron said we should take a look at Joe Gormley of Cliftonville.

24yrs old, and got his 37th of the season yesterday, with 30 last season.

Excuse the pun,but worth a punt?

I know we've looked at Mettam at Worksop, but a mate of mine in Norn Iron said we should take a look at Joe Gormley of Cliftonville.

24yrs old, and got his 37th of the season yesterday, with 30 last season.

Excuse the pun,but worth a punt?

No. The League of Ireland is roughly on a level with the Sheffield Papergirls Under 14s Division 2. I'd rather we gave a trial to some moody teenage girl than someone from a backwater league.

No. The League of Ireland is roughly on a level with the Sheffield Papergirls Under 14s Division 2. I'd rather we gave a trial to some moody teenage girl than someone from a backwater league.

I'd rather Mr Clough decide who gets a trail and who doesn't. :)

Back
Top Bottom