Rodolph Austin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MBoreman

S10Blade
Reaction score
Currently putting in a proper captains performance for Leeds. I know he was alright yesterday but Doyle needs to take note.

Yes. If Blackwell had looked more abroad he may have been able to sign him a couple of years earlier.
Do you reckon Norway is somewhere worth looking at? A lot of clubs will always be looking at the same places whether that be because of financial restraints or prejudice so finding an untouched league could be very beneficial. I read in 4-4-2 that fans were scouting for their club due to financial issues, maybe you could send some reports haha

Do you reckon Norway is somewhere worth looking at? A lot of clubs will always be looking at the same places whether that be because of financial restraints or prejudice so finding an untouched league could be very beneficial. I read in 4-4-2 that fans were scouting for their club due to financial issues, maybe you could send some reports haha

I don't think many players (certainly young, promising ones) in the Norwegian top division would be willing to go to the English third tier. It will be a better market for us if we get up to the Championship.

I don't think many players (certainly young, promising ones) in the Norwegian top division would be willing to go to the English third tier. It will be a better market for us if we get up to the Championship.
May I ask how you've ended up in Norway?

Currently putting in a proper captains performance for Leeds. I know he was alright yesterday but Doyle needs to take note.

Take a note of what exactly.....I just saw a decent midfield performance from Austin today but nothing spectacular. What made it a 'proper captain's performance' ?

Take a note of what exactly.....I just saw a decent midfield performance from Austin today but nothing spectacular. What made it a 'proper captain's performance' ?
He made good tackles, good passes, tracked constantly and took his goal well. There's a reason he got man of the match.

Sure, in 1991 I joined a Play By Mail manager game and was told to manage Sheffield United! :)
Haha probably best reason I've heard for supporting United. I always liked Bjorn Helge Riise!

He made good tackles, good passes, tracked constantly and took his goal well. There's a reason he got man of the match.

Doyle has done the above, with the exception of scoring, plenty of times this season. I would go as far as to say he's been one of our more consistently decent performers this season. He makes plenty of interceptions, his distribution is reasonable, bordering on good and he is one of the few players who dares to have a shot when the option is available

Your description of Austin's performance suits Doyle's from yesterday down to a tee for me.

Far and away the best player i have seen in a Blades shirt was Jan Aage Fjortoft.

Probably one of the most naturally gifted goalscorers i have seen play for United. The only problem was that there always seemed to be something that he was missing that you could never fathom out but if he had it he would have been a top, top striker

Doyle doesn't have Austin's legs. If Doyle could get round the park like Austin then there would not be any problems.

For me the issue with Doyle is he does too much which causes him to be constantly out of position. In the first Wilson season when we had Quinn, Macca and Willo Doyle just sat in front of the back 4 layed it off and on a few occasions banged in a few goals like he did on Saturday.

Now, you will see him charging round chasing down defenders etc; when he should be dropping back in. He needs to ensure his players are closing down properly in the correct area of the pitch and not do the work for them. Because of this it causes a bit of friction when he is not where he should be.

When people have a go at me for having a dig at Doyle they need to think how often our team gets out of shape and it's because our central midfield is on walkabouts.

I want the old Doyle back

Doyle doesn't have Austin's legs. If Doyle could get round the park like Austin then there would not be any problems.

For me the issue with Doyle is he does too much which causes him to be constantly out of position. In the first Wilson season when we had Quinn, Macca and Willo Doyle just sat in front of the back 4 layed it off and on a few occasions banged in a few goals like he did on Saturday.

Now, you will see him charging round chasing down defenders etc; when he should be dropping back in. He needs to ensure his players are closing down properly in the correct area of the pitch and not do the work for them. Because of this it causes a bit of friction when he is not where he should be.

When people have a go at me for having a dig at Doyle they need to think how often our team gets out of shape and it's because our central midfield is on walkabouts.

I want the old Doyle back

Some good points there and you are right, he chasing around trying to cover the lack of quality in some of our other midfield players (and defenders) could well be an issue. Thing is, if he doesn't do it, who else is going to take responsibility in that midfield to help him ?

that's right...for a good midfield performance. What made it a Captain's performance. ?

I'm not trying to have a dig here but Doyle seems to be the player that a lot of fans seem to pick on and in particular say he is not a leader. Yet Wilson, Morgan and Weir saw him as a leader. The times I've seen him this season (I wasn't there on Saturday) he has been one of the better players in the team trying to drive the players on by setting an example. Admittedly his quality is questionable at times but his commitment/work rate especially bearing in mind the abuse he gets is commendable

Reactions: LSF
that's right...for a good midfield performance. What made it a Captain's performance. ?

I'm not trying to have a dig here but Doyle seems to be the player that a lot of fans seem to pick on and in particular say he is not a leader. Yet Wilson, Morgan and Weir saw him as a leader. The times I've seen him this season (I wasn't there on Saturday) he has been one of the better players in the team trying to drive the players on by setting an example. Admittedly his quality is questionable at times but his commitment/work rate especially bearing in mind the abuse he gets is commendable
That's spot on re. Doyle Bartman!
Captains performance? WTF is that may I ask?

I don't see it like that. You rarely see him organising and motivating, more just moaning. 2 seasons ago he was probably my favourite player, I know he has weaker players round him now but I do think he's a bit past it. Coady/Cuvelier/McGinn have all played behind him when they clearly make more of an impact. I also don't like the people saying that you don't notice what he does, that was true 2 years ago but not now. As far as captains performance is concerned I mainly mean leading by example, he was everywhere on the pitch, attacking and defending, you don't see nearly as much of this from Doyle.

4-2-3-1 suits Doyle but not SUFC's current squad

Some good points there and you are right, he chasing around trying to cover the lack of quality in some of our other midfield players (and defenders) could well be an issue. Thing is, if he doesn't do it, who else is going to take responsibility in that midfield to help him ?

He is the captain, it's not just an armband. I think it may be too late as the players seem vey flippant over his instructions. He needs to stick to what he's good at and maybe the other players will follow. He doesn't seem to have a rapport with many of the. Roy Keane had no rapport but he did what he was good at.

Sort of feel a bit sorry for the pork on this one (if such a thing's possible). I was going to say I feel more sorry for Austin himself, but maybe he's had a lucky escape here...

Btw, the rules on eligibility of EU/non-EU players are awful I reckon. A regular Jamaican international can't play here (despite this country's historic links with Jamaica & significant Jamaican-descent population), but any number of mediocre of Latvians, Austrians or Slovakians can. The rules just benefit the Man Citys of the world (which, after all, is exactly what they're intended to do).

Back
Top Bottom