Media Bias

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Perhaps somebody should record exactly how many minutes/seconds each club is talked about for the remainder of the season, and then have a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if it was worth it.

From that Gruniad piece (my bold):
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ough-inquest-sheffield-wednesday-safety-rules

Chester said that when he took over from the previous secretary, Eric England, he was aware that "radial" fences, built in the 1980s to divide the Leppings Lane terrace, had reduced its capacity to less than the maximum 10,100 stated on the safety certificate, drawn up in 1979. Despite that, the certificate and plans attached to it of the ground were never updated.

Questioned by Christina Lambert QC, Chester acknowledged that Sheffield Wednesday was in breach of the terms and conditions of its safety certificate because the club had no system for counting the number of supporters entering each part of the ground.

The certificate stated that 7,200 was the maximum capacity on the west terrace, Leppings Lane, and 2,900 on the north-west terrace in the corner. However, the club's turnstile counting system could not track which part of the ground fans entered after coming through the turnstiles numbered 7 to 23, and therefore could not count how many were in those areas.

Explaining the purpose of a football club safety certificate, Chester said: "It is to ensure that the paying public are catered for and are hosted in a ground safe in the knowledge that the ground is safe for them."

Genuine question, has the Stir covered the above in detail?

in a word ,, no
The Star wrote swfc have said they apologise for any part they might have inadvertantly played in it
then swept it as far under the carpet as possible

I trust that the families of the 96 , if one takes them to the cleaners over their crass failure to carry out recommended safety work, then hopefully all 96 will follow
They were instructed to carry out more barriers and channelling , ie certain turnstyles for each block , they just never bothered
I also remember on the ch 5 documentary on it , they were told to cut the numbers in the lower area , they sold the same amount as the previous season
which added to the crush, for a few extra quid

then they had the cheek within 2 weeks to ask for money for repairs , callous awful club

In the last few weeks on here alone, I've seen all of these mooted as media organisations that are biased against United:
  • Radio Sheffield
  • Sheffield Star
  • Sheffield Telegraph
  • Goal Rush on Channel 5 (!)
In the past apparently the Football League Show on the BBC ALSO hated United. Which begs the question: do you seriously think local newspapers, radio stations and national TV shows are all going to be biased against us? I don't know if you're all suffering from collective paranoia or what, but it seems extremely unlikely to me.

58000 can't all be wrong

Just listened to Football Heaven and - as usual - they indulged that plank Mark. Now this guy spouts shite every time he's on - not the Brian The Blade shite - but pure misinformation and propaganda. Last week? 'I've got a friend who's a Blade and he thinks Carlos is doing a great job.' As made-up bollocks goes, it's on a par with Corbyn's 'I've received a text from Tracy...' No you haven't, you lying cunt. You've made the question up so you can prepare an equally-bogus response.

Tonight. 'I've done a poll on my Twitter account' (this cunt has obviously got too much time on his hands...) 'about whether we should sign Jordan Rhodes. I've only got 450 responses and we're averaging 29,000 this season'. Again, pure fiction. They're averaging 26,894 which includes the usual 'Pig for a Quid' giveaways. Newcastle, Villa, Derby and Brighton have higher averages and Norwich and Leeds aren't far behind. This from a club who gob off about the Wolves game being a sell out when less than 30,000 were there.

Radio Sheffield do nothing to refute this drugged-up cunts' claims.

From that Gruniad piece (my bold):
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ough-inquest-sheffield-wednesday-safety-rules

Chester said that when he took over from the previous secretary, Eric England, he was aware that "radial" fences, built in the 1980s to divide the Leppings Lane terrace, had reduced its capacity to less than the maximum 10,100 stated on the safety certificate, drawn up in 1979. Despite that, the certificate and plans attached to it of the ground were never updated.

Questioned by Christina Lambert QC, Chester acknowledged that Sheffield Wednesday was in breach of the terms and conditions of its safety certificate because the club had no system for counting the number of supporters entering each part of the ground.

The certificate stated that 7,200 was the maximum capacity on the west terrace, Leppings Lane, and 2,900 on the north-west terrace in the corner. However, the club's turnstile counting system could not track which part of the ground fans entered after coming through the turnstiles numbered 7 to 23, and therefore could not count how many were in those areas.

Explaining the purpose of a football club safety certificate, Chester said: "It is to ensure that the paying public are catered for and are hosted in a ground safe in the knowledge that the ground is safe for them."

Genuine question, has the Stir covered the above in detail?
Spot on chap.
Fuck the Stir, its handling of the tragedy shows it has lost all credibility as a serious journalistic publication..

Hopefully those scummpy pigs and those at Sheffield Council (in collusion with them) are amongst the 23 who the CPS who have indicted for offences under the Safety of Sports Ground Act 1975 and Health and Safety at Work.
I'd liked to have seen charges of corporate manslaughter.

What a ridiculously low figure 23 is considering the wholesale amount of wrong doing.

Justice for the 96

Back
Top Bottom