Last Man Standing - The 2nd Coming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim Chimmerney

Can hear the 'Cod Army' roar from his back garden
Reaction score
Here we go with the 2nd Last Man Standing Competition. Thanks to brownie for organising the 1st one and well done coolhandluke for trousering £145.

As with Part 1, the entry fee is £10 with 30% (as suggested by members) of the pot going to Foxy and Linz to go towards the running of this site. The remaining 70% will go to the winner (you can, of course, donate more if you wish ;))

The competiton will start from the 27th January weekend games so entries, plus payment, need to be in by Thursday 26th January.

Please mail [email protected] and I'll send you a paypal link. Paypal payment only so if you don't have paypal, please arrange to pay via another member if possible.

Rules as per the previous competition but are as follows;

The rules are simple, each weekend pick a team. If your team doesn’t win, you’re out. Last Man Standing, takes the pot.

Email your weekly entry to [email protected], entry must be received by the end of the Thursday before the weekend games.

Rules;
1. You only need to pay once, then all entries are free until the end of the competition.
2. You pick ONE team per week. If your team wins, you go through to the next week, draw or lose and you’re out!
3. English Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2 and FA Cup fixtures apply. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday games are eligible.
4. If your team’s game is postponed after selection, you automatically proceed to the next round.
5. You cannot pick the same team twice – if you pick Manchester City on Week 1, you cannot pick them again during the competition.
6. If every player left in any round loses, then all the players involved in that round remain in the competition.The competition will not be rolled over.
7. All entries are to be e-mailed to [email protected] by end of Thursday before each round. Entries after this time will not be valid, and there will be no chasing up or reminders.
8. Please put your forum name and selection in the e-mail Subject Box. (e.g. Trigger Blade - Sheffield Wednesday).
9. Duplicated selections will be deemed invalid (if you’ve already picked a team previously in the competition).
10. All e-mail entries will be saved until after the competition has ended.
11. The Organiser’s decision is final.
12. The weekly selections will be posted on the forum on the Friday before the weekend's games.
13. The results will be posted on the following Tuesday.

Good luck :)

@Foxy@Linz can you pin this please. Cheers.

Well I paid. Am I the only competitor?

Only 10 so far, roll up, roll up..........................

The winner has just joined....

Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

Just sent through my week one prediction and remember to send you a tenner through on behalf of raul who gave me a tenner on Saturday

Just sent through my week one prediction and remember to send you a tenner through on behalf of raul who gave me a tenner on Saturday

Sorted cheers.

Only 3 and a bit days to go folks, still only 11 entries.

Tuesday update - 13 paid up (4 predictions received), 1 awaiting payment.

Hey - can I just clarify that we're picking from games on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th January, so due to FA cup we are only choosing from championship, and leagues 1 and 2?

Hey - can I just clarify that we're picking from games on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th January, so due to FA cup we are only choosing from championship, and leagues 1 and 2?

3. English Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2 and FA Cup fixtures apply. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday games are eligible.

So this 'weekend' you've basically got Friday's FA Cup game, FA Cup and all English Leagues (no Prem games) on Saturday and Sunday's FA Cup games.

Last edited:
Alright alright :) I saw that. It's just that there are no games on Friday this week and due to the FA cup there are no premiership games to choose from...

But point taken, guess it was fairly clear :oops:

Alright alright :) I saw that. It's just that there are no games on Friday this week and due to the FA cup there are no premiership games to choose from...

But point taken, guess it was fairly clear :oops:

No games on Friday apart from Friday's FA Cup game ;)

selection in, here's hoping that I don't get done over in Round 1 like last time - stupid Liverpool

FINAL REMINDER - Preds and cash need to be in by end of today

17 entries received, awaiting payment from 1.

Preds needed from Trigger Blade, dblade56, Snowman and Teddy.

Down 11 from last time, still no sign of coolhandluke, give everyone a nudge you know :)

You will mave mine later, but I'm playing a tactical game. There could be big signings later in the day, which might tip the balance....or to lut it another way, I haven't looked yet :)

Should have got mine now mate, tricky fixtures

Its me who needs to pay still...

dont panic, i will sort it in the morning as its my payday :)

Thought we had about 30 last time?
Poor show from members this time.

Back
Top Bottom