Player Suggestion Connor Washington

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't see this because...

Wilder has stated publicly McNuts is pushing hard for inclusion.
Lavery is our Number 9 and deserves a good run.
Probably should offload Clarke if another striker is on Wilders list.

Personally I feel we need to work on the supply to the strikers we already have and hopefully Carruthers and Riley will add to our options there. A CB is IMO more required than a CF.

I certainly wouldn't get rid of Clarke - he's still the only big, physical option we have. He even made a difference when he came on last week and was unlucky not to score at least 1.

If Washington did come in, I'd have thought that McNulty and Done would be more likely to move-on

The last Connor we had was the equivalent of snail mail without the leap of his surname.

The last Connor we had was the equivalent of snail mail without the leap of his surname.

If you'd paid close attention to Planet Earth 2, you'd have spotted one. They're called Useless Salmon, latin name Uselesseus Twattius. They're extremely rare because they can't leap, so get eaten by Bears. In fact there is only one known to be in existence, believed to have escaped up to Scotland.

Don't see this because...

Wilder has stated publicly McNuts is pushing hard for inclusion.
Lavery is our Number 9 and deserves a good run.
Probably should offload Clarke if another striker is on Wilders list.

Personally I feel we need to work on the supply to the strikers we already have and hopefully Carruthers and Riley will add to our options there. A CB is IMO more required than a CF.
We will sign a striker in this window.

Agree with your comments though, but Wilder will always try and improve the squad with more quality.

Les Ferdinand on Talk Sport on Wedn...... sorry, Midweek, said they had to move a couple out before Holloway could sign anyone, so if we're genuinely interested there might be a deal there............oh, and a pun about a postman

Hey, maybe this: If he's Washington, he's probably a Presidential Bloke as opposed to a Royal Male

Trump that!

:tumbleweed:

I'll get both me coats

I'd take him. Would make for three pretty solid and encouraging signings.

Nothing to see here guys, I know his dad so just txt him and asked if there's any truth in it and got this response....

giphy.gif

Heard he might be leaving in January not sure where though. Might make sense as we've recalled Tyler Smith.

Just started to look decent too so would be surprised if he went, especially as Wilder has heaped praise on his attitude.

Pulled out of the internationals a few weeks back for “personal reasons”. The manager seemed sympathetic/understanding, so must have been a good reason. Maybe theres a family living down south and not wanting to move up here thing? Spends all week in a hotel up here, asks to drop out on the Internationals so he can go home for a bit?

Wouldnt be the first time a player- or their missus- cant face the harsh realities of living more than half an hour from London. Dont worry- HS2 will sort that out :confused:. Well, in about 40 years.

I could only see him going if we got someone in first, which we probably will. We only signed him till the end of the season of course and if someone else offers him a three year deal and its nearer home, then I can see Wilder letting him go if we've got someone else in.

I think Washington compliments Leon the best - OK it was only the one game v Brentford, but Washington does endless running into the channels and that probably suits more Leon's game so Leon can be a target in the box. Sadly Leon's not been fit of late and Billy and Washington together is not ideal. Maybe if Leon gets fit soon we'll see Washington back alongside him.

He's one of those strikers that has the rare ability to be wherever the ball isn't. If you could merge his 'engine' with Billy's positional sense, we'd have a world beater. No disrespect to the lad, but we need so much better if we are to challenge for promotion.

Back
Top Bottom