CONFIRMED James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I heard from a mate who's a Bradford fan that we have put a bid in for Hanson but I hope not

Wilder has to be given the benefit of the doubt and will have his reasons but if this is the only attacking signing we're going to make then I'm very disappointed.

We are looking at more than one, who we actually sign depends on what Wilder thinks we need and what is best for the club.

A Sheffield Star journo on Twitter saying Clarke may be part of the deal.

Maybe Clarke wants regular football and has requested a transfer and we've changed our plans a bit as a result. Maybe we'll be bringing 3 more players in now instead of 2.

I can see the sense in that. If Clarke was only going to be a substitute, and that's how it looked, then we might as well bring Hanson in to do that job instead as he's more dominant in the air. Although Clarke's a better player in every other department. I suppose Hanson's younger though, that's a plus.

Bradford also seems a very likely move for Clarke on paper. Think they'd match the contract he's on here, and offer first team football.

CW has got most things right so far but this would be a bad bit of business in my eyes. Yeah it would allow us to 'change it up' however he's a shithouse of a footballer and wouldn't cut it at the level above. (The one we apparently are aspiring to get to). Unless it's a take up the contract to the end of the season job it's a backwards step.

Hanson and Sharp getting in behind? yeah...

We are looking at more than one, who we actually sign depends on what Wilder thinks we need and what is best for the club.

More than one attacking player? That's reassuring if so. I assume the other would be someone who can play wide, like Blackman. It would make Washington a bit less likely though because he's more of a number 9, although he can play wide.

CW has got most things right so far but this would be a bad bit of business in my eyes. Yeah it would allow us to 'change it up' however he's a shithouse of a footballer and wouldn't cut it at the level above. (The one we apparently are aspiring to get to). Unless it's a take up the contract to the end of the season job it's a backwards step.

Hanson and Sharp getting in behind? yeah...
We don't need him to be able to do s job at the level above thought.

We don't need him to be able to do s job at the level above thought.

Say we give him a 2/3 year deal and the unthinkable happens and we do get promoted this season then we are lumbered with a big oaf who we don't need.. Wilder has said he wants a tight squad filled with quality rather than quantity - this signing would go against that.

James Hanson is by far the best header of a ball in our division ,he would be a great acquisition especially if we have to change our approach to a game ,we have the players to deliver a ball to him and the players to play off him ,Bradford don't yet he still always looks their best player when we play them. Would love him here.

To help us get out of this division, he'd make a lot of sense.

We can rethink if necessary if and when we go up.

The only thing I would say is that based on conversations with Bantams he's got a reputation for being a good bloke with a good attitude. Apparently on a good deal at Bradford though although that's coming to the end.

If it's a swap deal with Leon, I'd take that.

Darren Smith ‏@swaccountants 17m17 minutes ago
James Hanson is, by a long way, highest paid player at Bradford City and on more than our current wage structure, will have to be a clever..

..deal (extend his contract length as we did Leon) or player compromises on salary due to our league position (maybe promotion bonus?)

If so, bloody hell. Why would he be on a contract like that? And would we really want to make a big commitment to him, in terms of wage or contract length?

Good header of the ball, averages a goal every four games or so, but lets leave it to CW, AK and staff to decide.

I think the point about trusting Wilder is a very good one. Invariably, his purchases have been excellent, so he's worked up plenty of credit to deserve our trust in his judgement.

Any permanent signings need to be good enough to play at championship level looking forward to next season

I've got no problem with the odd short term signing, as long as they're on the correct terms. But if Hanson's on big wages at Bradford it will make it difficult to get him on such terms.

I've got no problem with the odd short term signing, as long as they're on the correct terms. But if Hanson's on big wages at Bradford it will make it difficult to get him on such terms.

One thing's for sure, I wouldn't be breaking any wage structure to sign the likes of Hanson, not that WIlder would anyway of course

He's decent ish at times in this league, however he also has games where he resembles a bit of a cart horse.

One thing I am pretty certain of is he isn't good enough for The Championship if we do get up.. bit of a strange one if it happens.

Wilder has done a fantastic job so far and most of his transfers have been excellent. However, this is an identical situation to the Clarke one (if it happens). Us signing Clarke was met with plenty of discontentment because we knew he just wasn't a good player and a notable journeyman. It turns out those voices were correct, and Wilder got that one wrong

Likewise, Hanson is a poor player. He has been poor for a while and is very disliked by Bradford fans. I can say this with certainty as I am born and raised in Bradford, all my mates are Bradford, including my housemate! The worst thing about Hanson is he forces them to go long ball because he is a such a poor 'footballer'. He has his uses for the last 10 mins if you are chasing a game, but that is the extent of his qualities. Considering we are so well placed, we really should be signing players that, at least, MIGHT be good enough for the championship, as opposed to players that most certainly aren't. He's a massive time guy as well, having had the displeasure of meeting him on several nights out. Really odd signing and would be very disappointed to see this happen. If it does happen, it should be no longer than a 6 month contract.

I appreciate the 'in Wilder we trust' brigade, which I do on most things, but this just simply will not be a good signing.

If we are honest and we brutally rate Wilders buys as a "success" or "failiure"
What percentage of his signings have come off?

Personally, I don't see any problem with this. We're replacing an old target man with a younger target man and that's about it, not much difference in quality and we might be able to get Hanson on a shorter contract than what Clarke is on meaning we aren't going to be lumbered with the wages of a third division shithouse striker as long when we're up.

12:48 sky transfer centre

BLADES BID FOR HANSON

Sheffield United make bid for Bradford striker James Hanson, according to Sky sources.

We understand the bid has not been accepted yet.

Likewise, Hanson is a poor player. He has been poor for a while and is very disliked by Bradford fans. I can say this with certainty as I am born and raised in Bradford, all my mates are Bradford, including my housemate!

Interesting that. Most on the Bradford forum (who FYI are reading this thread) seem to be gutted that he may leave.

In fact, the consensus seems to be that the majority appreciate what he brings to the side, and there's a vocal minority who do not.

They're all aghast at the thought of a swap deal for Clarke.

4 goals in 20 appearances this season , hardly on fire
leon clarke will be exactly the same if he scores today
hes on 3 from 19
always thought of him as a poor mans peter crouch tbh

Back
Top Bottom