My boy's first time on the Kop....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IdLiketoRogerMoore

In Hecky we Trust!
Reaction score
My usual party are letting me down tomorrow so am taking my 5 year old boy to watch his first game on the kop rather than our usual seats in the family enclosure.

Would appreciate it, if people could be on their best behaviour tomorrow!!

Also, any family friendly boozers that people recommend? We usually have a cheap lunch in Wetherspoons but tomorrow its just the two of us, so the world is our Oyster.

Don't think I've come across a pub that won't let kids in on matchday! We usually head up to the Cremorne (they do pretty great pizza!), but tend to wander to different places on different days.

Don't think I've come across a pub that won't let kids in on matchday! We usually head up to the Cremorne (they do pretty great pizza!), but tend to wander to different places on different days.
Cremorne for me and Ken Jnr too - although he's 24 so there's no problem about the pub :)
I like the Kelham Best in there - never had the pizza, though.

I'll try and keep my language on a higher level for your lad IdLiketoRogerMoore - not promising owt, though :eek:
Hope he enjoys his sen :D

Thanks guys. May wander up to the Cremorne.

If you see a hyperactive 5 year old accompanied by a thick-set middle aged man who is struggled to contain said 5 year old, feel free to say Hi.

Cremorne for me and Ken Jnr too - although he's 24 so there's no problem about the pub :)
I like the Kelham Best in there - never had the pizza, though.

I'll try and keep my language on a higher level for your lad IdLiketoRogerMoore - not promising owt, though :eek:
Hope he enjoys his sen :D

Unfortunately due the antics of the Gills GK and our statue-esque defending, there was a bit too much effing and c'ing for the delicate ears of my little soldier!!

Maybe I'm too soft, but the conclusion is that the middle of the kop is no place for a 5 year old!

Worth a try though, and worth it for the boy to hear the GCB song sung properly!!

Unfortunately due the antics of the Gills GK and our statue-esque defending, there was a bit too much effing and c'ing for the delicate ears of my little soldier!!

Maybe I'm too soft, but the conclusion is that the middle of the kop is no place for a 5 year old!

Worth a try though, and worth it for the boy to hear the GCB song sung properly!!
Should have been a little further forward then ;)
Did you teach him "Shoreham Boys"?

Should have been a little further forward then ;)
Did you teach him "Shoreham Boys"?

Bless him he did start randomly shouting "Sheffield United" when it went quiet which brought a good laugh to those around us.

Certainly Shoreham Boys and the song about shitting on Hillsborough brought a few awkward questions about what the song was about!!

All part of the rich tapestry of growing up a blade!! Hopefully he'll thank me for it in 20 years time!!

Luckily get to leave the boy at home on Tuesday as its a school night so can swear to my hearts content!!

I think anywhere in the stadium it would be heard. I'm on halfway line of family stand you still overhear stuff but I made sure few yrs ago that she knows to never repeat what hears at lane, which came in handy with Hammond last year

Although my niece thinks all referees have 2nd jobs as bankers :D

Bless him he did start randomly shouting "Sheffield United" when it went quiet which brought a good laugh to those around us.

Certainly Shoreham Boys and the song about shitting on Hillsborough brought a few awkward questions about what the song was about!!

All part of the rich tapestry of growing up a blade!! Hopefully he'll thank me for it in 20 years time!!

Luckily get to leave the boy at home on Tuesday as its a school night so can swear to my hearts content!!
We could have been playing the Dingles. Explain the "Barnsley Familee" to a 5 yo.

When our Jack was younger he wanted to sing Shoreham boys,nut I put my foot down. So he asked if he could sing 'kiss your women' instead. Ah bless.

My Uncle was told to stop moaning on Tuesday night in the family enclosure because it spoils it for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom