Ramsdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good Pinch Of Snuff

I loves me a good pinch of
Reaction score
Had it from a good source today that both Arsenal & Liverpool scouts have been watching him for sometime. Will we cash in again as we did with DCL & Adams?

Had it from a good source today that both Arsenal & Liverpool scouts have been watching him for sometime. Will we cash in again as we did with DCL & Adams?

I think Moore has the potential to be a successful first-choice keeper for many years. If Moore stays generally fit, Ramsdale's opportunities will likely be limited to the occasional cup appearance.

Could be looking at a DCL situation.

I think Moore has the potential to be a successful first-choice keeper for many years. If Moore stays generally fit, Ramsdale's opportunities will likely be limited to the occasional cup appearance.

Could be looking at a DCL situation.
I hope he isnt first choice for many years he aint that brilliant.

Scouts have been watching him regularly for two years now, and United could have already cashed in. I know Spurs, Norwich and Man City have also had scouts watching him quite regularly. Its a strange one, you don't see many number ones at his age and that status might be what is required to keep him at the Lane.Of course we have a very solid, more experienced keeper in Moore who'll take some displacing. Ramsdale''s an outstanding young goalkeeper -.Is there anyone better than him, at his age, in the whole country?

hp-sauce.jpg

Yes, of course we'll 'cash in'. No young player dreams of playing all his career in the championship. If clubs like Arsenal are interested then he's unlikely to sign another contract with us. So we'll sell him before it expires.
He may stay for the rest of this season, he may even sign a contract extension if we go up and CW tells him he'll play regular first team football but if he's as good as people are saying, he'll be gone at some point in the next couple of years.

If he's better than Moore then he should go into the team. Then the benefits would be two fold, as we'd also be increasing his transfer value.

I just don't want another DCL situation where we never get to see anything of him and don't even get a decent fee.

When does his current contract expire?

If he's better than Moore then he should go into the team. Then the benefits would be two fold, as we'd also be increasing his transfer value.

I just don't want another DCL situation where we never get to see anything of him and don't even get a decent fee.

End of this season.

End of this season.

Disappointing that it's been allowed to get to this stage. We need to get him signed up ASAP. Even if we have to do what we did with Adams and offer him more than he's currently worth. I know we'd still get compensation if he left in the summer but it's never a good amount.

There is no chance what so ever that CW will ever put his faith in a young keeper at 18 years old. He mentioned young Semple would be ready in 6 months but again he will never put his faith in a 17 year old centre back.

And honestly, why should he. He is not bothered about the value of these players in the future, all he is bothered about is promotion, and quite rightly so.
If these lads were at Mansfield, Chesterfield etc they would be playing. At United the aspirations of the club and fans are far higher and on a personal note to CW, he would never risk his own position gambling with young players.

Sadly, this is the situation we are in at the moment, so the DCL situation is going to repeat its self with Ramsdale, followed by Semple, followed by Slater. If the later 2 keep developing as they are.

I think if we get to the championship then it will be easier to keep our young players. If we get to the premier League we will defo keep our young players.

Lets not be naive to the fact that DCL, Adams, Magiure, Murphy, Naughton, Walker, etc were all enticed to leave with salaries that turned their heads and we could not match as a L1 club and a budget that reflects our current position.

Lastly, even if Ramsdale was tied to a 4 year contract and at 18 years old, it would take £500k from a top club and a salary 4 times the size to get him to move. To the Permier League clubs that is absolutely no gamble at all.....

No ...... our highly ambitious Board will stubbornly turn down any offer that is less than £50,000 for this good young prospect ...... o_O

UTB & FTP

Contracts mean very little these days...if a player wants to leave then they will... the only thing a contract might do is determine how much of a fee is eventually paid.

There is no chance what so ever that CW will ever put his faith in a young keeper at 18 years old. He mentioned young Semple would be ready in 6 months but again he will never put his faith in a 17 year old centre back.

And honestly, why should he. He is not bothered about the value of these players in the future, all he is bothered about is promotion, and quite rightly so.
If these lads were at Mansfield, Chesterfield etc they would be playing. At United the aspirations of the club and fans are far higher and on a personal note to CW, he would never risk his own position gambling with young players.

Sadly, this is the situation we are in at the moment, so the DCL situation is going to repeat its self with Ramsdale, followed by Semple, followed by Slater. If the later 2 keep developing as they are.

I think if we get to the championship then it will be easier to keep our young players. If we get to the premier League we will defo keep our young players.

Lets not be naive to the fact that DCL, Adams, Magiure, Murphy, Naughton, Walker, etc were all enticed to leave with salaries that turned their heads and we could not match as a L1 club and a budget that reflects our current position.

Lastly, even if Ramsdale was tied to a 4 year contract and at 18 years old, it would take £500k from a top club and a salary 4 times the size to get him to move. To the Permier League clubs that is absolutely no gamble at all.....

I think you're being a bit doom and gloom about all this. The worse we get, the more opportunities there will be for the lesser prospects. But if a prospect is good enough, he'll get in. The metaphorical bar is just higher.

With regard to Ramsdale, all it needs is for Moore to crack a finger or get flu, then he'll get a chance. It's then up to him to become undroppable.

...the only thing a contract might do is determine how much of a fee is eventually paid.

Which does make this pretty important in order to protect ourselves should there be any interest in January.

But if a prospect is good enough, he'll get in.

A lot of that can be down to luck. If Naysmith (who had been excellent in 08/09) hadn't picked up that injury late in the season, Walker wouldn't have seen any league action till probably the following season (and might not have attracted the Spurs bid either come to think of it).

Based on what information is known about DCL, we've already received a terrific fee for him.

Future developments may prove that to be a bad decision, in hindsight.

UTB

There is still plenty of time for Ramsdale, Semple and Slater to get into the 1st team.

I strongly feel we were right to sell Adams

DCL.... lets see in a few years time

Based on what information is known about DCL, we've already received a terrific fee for him.

Future developments may prove that to be a bad decision, in hindsight.

UTB

Absolutely correct......except the add on that it could prove that we received an over-estimation on a relatively talented young player.....time will tell, but I suspect he's one who will eventually be loaned to a Championship club and find his competency at this level. Could be wrong of course, but the next 2-3 years will sort this out.

A lot of that can be down to luck. If Naysmith (who had been excellent in 08/09) hadn't picked up that injury late in the season, Walker wouldn't have seen any league action till probably the following season (and might not have attracted the Spurs bid either come to think of it).

This is true but it's virtually unknowable whether a footballer would have had a better career if he was given his chance at a different time. George Long might have been more confident if he'd developed on loan in the lower leagues. Walker might have been distracted by booze and partying if he'd had to wait another six months to play in the first team.

If a player is stagnating we can send him out on loan. The players also get something of a say in that, so it's not like Ramsdale is trapped in a dead-end.

Last edited:

For a club like Arsenal to buy Ramsdale is like one of us buying a scratchcard, unfortunately.

I hope he isnt first choice for many years he aint that brilliant.
I agree jury still out for me.
But is ramsdale such a prospect he doesnt seem to like to come out and catch a cross.
So many free headers against bolton 6 or 7 yards out

Oh go on sell, we might as well, teams that turn down offers for their best players and build for two of three seasons, like say Scunthorpe, never do anything anyway.

I agree jury still out for me.
But is ramsdale such a prospect he doesnt seem to like to come out and catch a cross.
So many free headers against bolton 6 or 7 yards out
Hard for a goalie to come out and claim a cross when being obstructed by Ameobi!! Comes for a cross and doesn't make it slaughtered by the fans!! He will catch any cross u send over if he thinks he can get there!! This lad ain't scared! Caught the lot when he played for England in North wales

Oh go on sell, we might as well, teams that turn down offers for their best players and build for two of three seasons, like say Scunthorpe, never do anything anyway.
Scunthorpe don't have any players good enough for the premiership ,if they had they would be gone like a shot.No 1st division club and few if any championship clubs can stop players who are wanted by the premiership clubs money talks unfortunately.

Hard for a goalie to come out and claim a cross when being obstructed by Ameobi!! Comes for a cross and doesn't make it slaughtered by the fans!! He will catch any cross u send over if he thinks he can get there!! This lad ain't scared! Caught the lot when he played for England in North wales
The thing that anyone close to Ramsdale needs to get used to is opinions..... As a keeper every little error will be seen as a weakness.

He may well have caught everything for England but club supporters will judge him on what they see. Its tough i guess to see negative comments but that is the life he is now in.

I have even been accused of being his fucking dad because i rate him and talk highly of him. Mind you some people are only happy if they are having a bit of a moan.......

The thing that anyone close to Ramsdale needs to get used to is opinions..... As a keeper every little error will be seen as a weakness.

He may well have caught everything for England but club supporters will judge him on what they see. Its tough i guess to see negative comments but that is the life he is now in.

I have even been accused of being his fucking dad because i rate him and talk highly of him. Mind you some people are only happy if they are having a bit of a moan.......

Trust me, there's nowt wrong with that kid. Just don't ruin him.

'Accused of being his Dad'? It's not a crime. :)

Back
Top Bottom