Player Suggestion Martin Samuelson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

INTERUNITED

Reaction score
I notice this lad has gone back to West Ham following a loan spell at Blackburn. Would be an ideal replacement for Chapman if we could get him on loan in January in my opinion. Was very impressive at Peterborough last season.

Sounds like he'll fit in no problems at all.

I notice this lad has gone back to West Ham following a loan spell at Blackburn. Would be an ideal replacement for Chapman if we could get him on loan in January in my opinion. Was very impressive at Peterborough last season.
Blackburn Rovers have ended the season-long loan spell of Norway winger Martin Samuelsen and he has returned to parent club West Ham United.

Reported on 22nd Nov.

The 19-year-old joined Rovers in August, but he made just two starts in four outings at Ewood Park.

He scored for the Hammers against Rovers in Premier League Two on Monday.

"Martin's family felt that he wanted to be starting games and at this moment in time we couldn't guarantee him that," boss Owen Coyle told the club website.

"So we agreed that it was in his best interest to return to West Ham. He's a great lad and we wish him well."

I do rate Samuelsen,played very well when at Peterboro last season.

Oh and he's the type that can unlock packed defenses with his close ball control and tricks.

Last edited:

The Blades do business with the cheating fuckers :eek: cant really see that happening, unless they want us to pay a nominal fee of something like, er lets see now ......£25 million :rolleyes:

Who the fuck is he to say when he should play for the first team? Not the correct attitude. He can stay at West Ham, don't want a prick like that anywhere near.
Would he get a game with us regularly,he did at Peterboro.

Who the fuck is he to say when he should play for the first team? Not the correct attitude. He can stay at West Ham, don't want a prick like that anywhere near.
Fully agree. It annoys me when agents/parents try to interfere the manager's thinking. Remember Slew, Diego etc

Would he get a game with us regularly,he did at Peterboro.
No idea but he'd still have to earn it by training hard and performing well. And if he didn't, the last thing CW needs is his family knocking on his door demanding he starts.

Very skillful and quite a unique player, and definitely the type who could unlock a packed defence. He'd be a starter for us and could play with Duffy supporting Sharp. So he'd be a possible alternative to signing another striker.

I think he's the sort of attacking player Wilder will be interested in, can't say whether he's the sort of character he'll want.

I think the player would be willing to sign for us, he's shown he's not terrified of moving north. I don't think West Ham would loan us anybody though.

Wrong name: check
Wrong attitude: check
Parent club we despise: check

Sounds ideal...

I think we should keep in mind that these youngsters go on loan to develop into better footballers. This will always be their main aim. Sometimes things don't work out as planned and they end up playing less than all parties thought and hoped. I don't see what's wrong with having a rethink about the whole situation. Maybe it is better to end that loan and let the player go somewhere else, to a club that needs the player's qualities more and therefore will offer him more first team football.

Samuelsen is a big talent, but is still quite raw. Some managers will prefer more rounded, more solid and experienced players, and Owen Coyle seems to be one of them.

For different reasons Harry Chapman hasn't played as much as he'd liked with us. The formation change to 3-5-2 is one of them, and if we plan to stick with that for the rest of the season there would be legitimate reason for an on loan winger and his parent club to be concerned.

Agree with what you say Bergen and Wes
I think we should keep in mind that these youngsters go on loan to develop into better footballers. This will always be their main aim. Sometimes things don't work out as planned and they end up playing less than all parties thought and hoped. I don't see what's wrong with having a rethink about the whole situation. Maybe it is better to end that loan and let the player go somewhere else, to a club that needs the player's qualities more and therefore will offer him more first team football.

Samuelsen is a big talent, but is still quite raw. Some managers will prefer more rounded, more solid and experienced players, and Owen Coyle seems to be one of them.

For different reasons Harry Chapman hasn't played as much as he'd liked with us. The formation change to 3-5-2 is one of them, and if we plan to stick with that for the rest of the season there would be legitimate reason for an on loan winger and his parent club to be concerned.
Agree with what you say Bergen but a 19 year old player should be open to different ways of playing we want our attacking midfielder to be flexible and move around the pitch a natural winger should benefit from a demanding manager who wants more than just hugging the white line for 90 minutes .Movement and hard work allied to natural talent is what Wilder wants that would be good experience for a young player,if he has the desire to work for the team.
But I doubt West Ham would give us anything after the Tevez affair.Really if he wants to make a career at the top level he will have to put a shift in the days of lazy wingers has gone.

Agree with what you say Bergen but a 19 year old player should be open to different ways of playing we want our attacking midfielder to be flexible and move around the pitch a natural winger should benefit from a demanding manager who wants more than just hugging the white line for 90 minutes .Movement and hard work allied to natural talent is what Wilder wants that would be good experience for a young player,if he has the desire to work for the team.

Samuelsen is not a hug-the-touchline type of winger, more one who drifts around, trying to find space and create. He wants the ball all the time and takes great attacking responsibility, sometimes too much. So from an attacking perspective I think he'd be a player Wilder rate. He's a bit light weight and may not be great at the pressing game that is also important to Wilder, and with the 3-5-2 formation we play at the moment I don't think he'd fit in.

What is wrong with a player wanting to play and moving clubs to get a better chance of first team football?

Also the lad is out on loan, the whole point of going out on loan is to play first team football, otherwise he might as well stay at West Ham playing for the reserves.

Coyle has said he's a great lad and wished him well so it doesn't sound like he's been a dick about wanting to play either.

What is wrong with a player wanting to play and moving clubs to get a better chance of first team football?

Also the lad is out on loan, the whole point of going out on loan is to play first team football, otherwise he might as well stay at West Ham playing for the reserves.

Coyle has said he's a great lad and wished him well so it doesn't sound like he's been a dick about wanting to play either.
Many clubs will be put off by his parents reputation which isnt really helping the lad's progression

Because he made a commitment to go on loan to Blackburn. Yes, when you go on loan from a PL club to a championship club you expect to play but it's not a given. You have to earn your place, like the other players do.

He's not going to get another club until the JTW now so why not stay at Blackburn and fight for a place?

Many clubs will be put off by his parents reputation which isnt really helping the lad's progression

Money's the thing that screws this up Silent. It's the same in the music business, whatever they consider to be their motivation, their lack of experience, and inability to see beyond their own warped perceptions of what their son (or, in the music biz, their daughter) might be worth or entitled to, is at the root of any problems. Being a parent and having watched their sprog grow up doesn't mean they're entitled to evaluate their child's development within the context of a professional football club. I've had parents who wanted to act as agent on behalf of their child. My response was/is to thank them but I wouldn't be taking my interest any further, that way it saves me further grief and there's almost an inevitable stagnation in whatever potential the child might have, by which time any chance their child might have had of realising their potential has left the building never to return.

I've no problem with a young player wanting to improve or better themselves, but it seems that the dream always gets ahead of the reality, so any discussion about what they should be doing is usually wound up in unhelpful discussions that drag on until animosity sets in. By then the child is a little older and caught up in the middle of manager-agent dislike of each other, so not a happy circumstance for anyone to be involved in.

Samuelsen is not a hug-the-touchline type of winger, more one who drifts around, trying to find space and create. He wants the ball all the time and takes great attacking responsibility, sometimes too much. So from an attacking perspective I think he'd be a player Wilder rate. He's a bit light weight and may not be great at the pressing game that is also important to Wilder, and with the 3-5-2 formation we play at the moment I don't think he'd fit in.

I think he’d find himself in the same position as Chapman. Probably not starting regularly in the 352 but able to take the Duffy position if needed and a useful option if we decide to go 442 during games. Whether he’d come for that role, I’m not sure.

If we had Samuelsen we'd go 3-4-2-1 with him in the 2 alongside Duffy. I think that would work well and be good to watch. Signing a player like him is an alternative to signing another striker.

Back
Top Bottom