An evening with Dave Bassett

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kop Cat

Reaction score
At the Lyric theatre Dinnington, Saturday Dec. 3rd £15 including pie and peas supper if anyone interested, also charity auction of football memorabilia.

I`m going just to debunk The Zone Man once and for all. Thats worth 15 bar especially with Pie and Blanket Lifters. Tekkin mi own Hendos mind.

Otherwise engaged. Damn, would have enjoyed that.

At the Lyric theatre Dinnington, Saturday Dec. 3rd £15 including pie and peas supper if anyone interested, also charity auction of football memorabilia.
Went to the one at Beighton Spors and Social Club in April. Was disappointed in it to be fair. Seemed very rushed and not as much interaction with the people there as I thought there was. He gave an excuse that he was working the following day . He did his 'set' for just over an hour then left. (by comparison,the Andrew Flintoff 'talk' at the City Hall was very good)

Hope it is a better experience at Dinnington

Went to the one at Beighton Spors and Social Club in April. Was disappointed in it to be fair. Seemed very rushed and not as much interaction with the people there as I thought there was. He gave an excuse that he was working the following day . He did his 'set' for just over an hour then left. (by comparison,the Andrew Flintoff 'talk' at the City Hall was very good)

Hope it is a better experience at Dinnington
I got invited to a private dinner with him at Abbeydale sports club ,only about 10 of us. It was a huge mistake on my part as someone I loved disappeared before my eyes ,cant stand the bloke now, will always be thankful for the times we had under him but that's it. I was the only blade present and he dismissed Utd as just one of his many employers ,had no affinity with us and Chelsea are his team. Have been to and organised many others ,and apart from Barry Fry he is the most disappointing football character Ive met. Jan Molby and John McGovern by far the best btw. Also liked Dean Saunders who is very down to earth ad just loves talking football.

I got invited to a private dinner with him at Abbeydale sports club ,only about 10 of us. It was a huge mistake on my part as someone I loved disappeared before my eyes ,cant stand the bloke now, will always be thankful for the times we had under him but that's it. I was the only blade present and he dismissed Utd as just one of his many employers ,had no affinity with us and Chelsea are his team. Have been to and organised many others ,and apart from Barry Fry he is the most disappointing football character Ive met. Jan Molby and John McGovern by far the best btw. Also liked Dean Saunders who is very down to earth ad just loves talking football.

Funny you mention it a bloke from work was telling me the other day that he did a charity function for a junior football club in Nottingham and they had Barry Fry on, and he was a complete arsehole.

I met him at that 1990 promotion dinner and he was the highlight of the evening (not difficult, granted). We are still special to Bassett. I was at Plymouth station after a 0-0 draw in 2005-2006 and Geoff Taylor was there, scouting us for Reading. We chatted to him a bit and his phone went. It was Bassett. As he went off down the platform to take the call I heard him sigh and say "No Dave, we were shit"

I`m going just to debunk The Zone Man once and for all. Thats worth 15 bar especially with Pie and Blanket Lifters. Tekkin mi own Hendos mind.

....... So who are the zone men ? Wilf and Jock ? Any other old school stories ? Big Bad Billy Kidnapping the coach driver ? Vinnie jones breaking Frenchies foot ?

Happy days

I went on Saturday and the guy was top class ! He was there talking to guests at 7-15pm - He did around 1 hour plus taking us through his Wimbledon, Watford and United career followed by another hour of Q & A - He was still there when I left around 11-30pm.
Excellent value for money, great stories and a genuine guy !

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom