Pre-Match View From MK Dons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Because a proportion of that support consists of "fans" of the old Wimbledon FC who chose to shat on the clubs very identity in order to pursue a two-bob commercial venture.
And if the spectator who engaged brownie was wearing one of those scarves, he may well have been one of those. They are footballs lowest form of life.

I don't blame anyone from Milton Keynes for having an interest in that franchise. You expect a bit of local interest to be drummed up when you're suddenly given a football league team on your doorstep.

But the entity of MK Dons itself, it's creators and the ex-Wimbledon bastards who follow them have no right to ever consider themselves as equals in the game.

You'd have to examine every clubs identity before you are on safe ground here....maybe even our own......easy target ...Wimbledon.

We have had this scenario several times over years, manager sacked, players raise game United fold. I am fairly confident CW will have highlighted this to the players, and judging by the unbeaten run it appears his messages are getting through. Certainly the team ought to respect MK that's a given but hopefully CW will continue to play to our strengths and let MK do the worrying.

Because a proportion of that support consists of "fans" of the old Wimbledon FC who chose to shat on the clubs very identity in order to pursue a two-bob commercial venture.
And if the spectator who engaged brownie was wearing one of those scarves, he may well have been one of those. They are footballs lowest form of life.

I don't blame anyone from Milton Keynes for having an interest in that franchise. You expect a bit of local interest to be drummed up when you're suddenly given a football league team on your doorstep.

But the entity of MK Dons itself, it's creators and the ex-Wimbledon bastards who follow them have no right to ever consider themselves as equals in the game.

I think local fans who turn up are partly to blame not because they are now supporting MK Dons but because they allowed their original local club Milton Keynes City to fold and become a youth team.

Do they have to consult you then before they go any further?
No, of course they don't. I'll think they're twats anyway. It's my right to think they're twats. As it's your right not to.
Have you got anything constructive to add to this or are you just going to make more oblique side swipes at posters who don't like the Franchise Club?

Can I use my first post to back up the people who say MK shouldn't even exist. They're a disgrace of a club and their (fans?) should be embarrassed every time they travel from the toilet that is Milton Keynes to visit a club which has been born into existence the right way. And don't get me started on their tactics last time we played them....Loved it last year when they went down. Only three more relegations to go and they might have just about found their level.

Can I use my first post to back up the people who say MK shouldn't even exist. They're a disgrace of a club and their (fans?) should be embarrassed every time they travel from the toilet that is Milton Keynes to visit a club which has been born into existence the right way. And don't get me started on their tactics last time we played them....Loved it last year when they went down. Only three more relegations to go and they might have just about found their level.
Yes. Yes you can and thanks for consulting me.

And a good first post it is sir :)

Welcome to the jungle.

Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability.

They're a sitting duck target. I have no opinion on MK Dons either way. They're a business like all football clubs. How many "Franchises" in the NFL play within hundreds of miles of their roots? As said earlier,how many clubs have cheated and decieved,taken admin and welched on debts to reinvent themselves.
Frankly I couldn't give a fuck what MK do,did or might do. The only interest I have in them is that they return home pointless tomorrow after a game of football.

They're a sitting duck target. I have no opinion on MK Dons either way. They're a business like all football clubs. How many "Franchises" in the NFL play within hundreds of miles of their roots? As said earlier,how many clubs have cheated and decieved,taken admin and welched on debts to reinvent themselves.
Frankly I couldn't give a fuck what MK do,did or might do. The only interest I have in them is that they return home pointless tomorrow after a game of football.

I think in terms of American sports, the franchise thing has always been the way, so they have kind of grown up with the idea, even if they haven't always been too happy about it. Here I'd say it's different.

Not something that sits too well with me, but I don't think they will be the last to do it either

I think in terms of American sports, the franchise thing has always been the way, so they have kind of grown up with the idea, even if they haven't always been too happy about it. Here I'd say it's different.

Not something that sits too well with me, but I don't think they will be the last to do it either

Sly/BT other sponsors will dictate the future of football/business.
A European League, Clubs joining to become superclubs.
Man U/City playing at a new stadium holding 150,000. Arse/Spurs same etc etc.
Football as we knew it has almost gone.
I really don't know if I want us to get back to the top flight.

I think local fans who turn up are partly to blame not because they are now supporting MK Dons but because they allowed their original local club Milton Keynes City to fold and become a youth team.
this sums it up for me. If Milton Keynes wanted a top football team they should have invested in a local club and made it happen just like Stevenage did. They stole a club from it's community and that is theft. A theft I don't think they will ever fully recover from. They are a disgrace of a club.

A city like Milton Keynes should have a league club but the way they've done it is just wrong.

this sums it up for me. If Milton Keynes wanted a top football team they should have invested in a local club and made it happen just like Stevenage did. They stole a club from it's community and that is theft. A theft I don't think they will ever fully recover from. They are a disgrace of a club.

A city like Milton Keynes should have a league club but the way they've done it is just wrong.
Ironically, I suspect that had they invested the total costs of buying Wimbledon, re-locating them and then having to rebuild once they'd fallen back to L2 into developing an existing local club they'd be in L1 at least by now.

They could have had a league club if they invested their time in Milton Keynes City, that club were not that far off the conference league south when they were around. Although they did not steal a league club they were gifted one BUT like Brownie and Tyler have said a genuine fan of football would have said thanks Peter Winkelman but no thanks.

The worst part about the MK Dons creation was the way Milton Keynes were eyeing up Wimbledon for a long period of time, it was not something that just came to them.

“Paul Mitchell and Nigel Adkins as a management duo, how’s that for a Dream Team? Come on Pete, that’s the way forward”

That sounds more like a nightmare scenario for any club

It's not a city. They plaster "city" on every sign, but it is still a town.

I lived there when Wimbledon first moved there. Refused to go, even when we played there.

There was a lower-league MK FC, they were obviously very much against the move. Never hear of them these days.

They're a sitting duck target.

They're a valid target.

I have no opinion on MK Dons either way.

Try harder.

They're a business like all football clubs.

Football clubs should only be businesses as a secondary purpose.

How many "Franchises" in the NFL play within hundreds of miles of their roots?

The planet Saturn has 62 moons (a fact of similar relevance).

TAs said earlier,how many clubs have cheated and decieved,taken admin and welched on debts to reinvent themselves.

They're also contemptible organisations who should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Frankly I couldn't give a fuck what MK do,did or might do.

First they came for the Jews...... Well, Wimbledon really, but you get the point.

The only interest I have in them is that they return home pointless tomorrow after a game of football.

At least we can agree on the latter sentiment.

PS - Bollocks to MK Dons.

They're a valid target.

Try harder.

Football clubs should only be businesses as a secondary purpose.

The planet Saturn has 62 moons (a fact of similar relevance).

They're also contemptible organisations who should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

First they came for the Jews...... Well, Wimbledon really, but you get the point.

At least we can agree on the latter sentiment.

PS - Bollocks to MK Dons.

You peaked with Annies Song. It was all downhill after. Especially when you died in that plane crash.

“Paul Mitchell and Nigel Adkins as a management duo, how’s that for a Dream Team?"

Yeah the sort of dream that people tend to get whilst living on Elm Street.

That club needs to go bust, Dr Frankenstein's theory has never been proved successful.

Not worth all the hassle I got last time from a few people who are still bitter about how wrong they were about Adkins during all those arguments last season.

Nearly as wrong as you were when you declared Morgan and the Academy kids was the answer to all our problems.

Back
Top Bottom