Sad anniversary for our boy Billy.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But the anniversary was the other day. If people want to show support they could send a card to the club, privately.

Everyone deals with these situations differently, the safest way for me is to leave it alone. If Sharp had indicated that he didn't mind the applause then obviously that'd change things but surely we should just let him get on with things his own way.

I don't suppose either of us can know for sure what he or the family would prefer but Billy and Jade have been tweeting thanking people for their support etc. Billy also made a public demonstration immediately after the event with the goal celebration. His actions suggest to me that he would appreciate vocal support surrounding the issue from his United 'family'. Of course I could be wrong but that's how I'd interpret it.

I don't suppose either of us can know for sure what he or the family would prefer but Billy and Jade have been tweeting thanking people for their support etc. Billy also made a public demonstration immediately after the event with the goal celebration. His actions suggest to me that he would appreciate vocal support surrounding the issue from his United 'family'. Of course I could be wrong but that's how I'd interpret it.

'Of course I could be wrong' - that's exactly why we shouldn't, leave it be.

I hope I never find myself in anything remotely like the situation in question, and I don't know what it would do to me if I were. What I can say with 100% certainty is that I would want nothing more than to be left the f**k alone on the anniversaries.
Maybe BS feels the same, maybe he doesn't, but in the absence of knowledge, surely discretion is the order of the day?
I think anyone advocating otherwise is misguided at best.
There seems to be an expectation (amongst the younger generations admittedly) these days, likely fuelled by social media, that all moments must be shared with all people, and it drives me up the wall.

As with so many other posters, it would be intrusive and inappropriate, so by all means applaud Billy if he assists or scores a goal, but if you've any genuine feeling for what Billy, as a parent, must feel, then contribute to the foundation Billy created for his son.

As a Blade, I can imagine that like all supporters, Billy would love that 'twelth' man getting behind the team for the full 90 minutes.

anything that raises the profile of the excellent LJS foundation and awareness of gastroschisis is a good thing... I'm sure the Sharp family will appreciate the support..please donate if you can afford to.....UTB

Donate a few bob. That's the way to let Billy know we're with him. Some sort of organised silence or applause is frankly shockingly intrusive,cringeworthy and in appalling taste.

On a similar note, take a look at this.

The GK for NEC Breda was playing for the first time since his Mum died aged 61 and the fans of the opposition team (Go Ahead Eagles) stood and applauded in the 61st minute and sang You'll Never Walk Alone.

Grief is a personal and private thing. Billy already knows we're behind him.......Anything else would be crass.

Spot on!

We get behind him like we do every week, he's not stupid, he knows we know the horrific anniversary he will have to endure on Saturday...it's a personal situation for him and his family only

Back
Top Bottom