I genuinely feel...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
The good times aren't far away again . The excitement , energy and passion from the team is back . The excitement , energy and passion from the fans is coming back ! Would be great if the club did a £10 match for the fake clubs visit next week and we can try and get over 20000 in (including their 24) . Chris and the boys certainly deserve to see the crowds increasing , we are now doing what everyone has been wanting us to do for 2 seasons or so . Refund the money back to people who have paid full , get people in and watch them hopefully keep coming back ! Instead of just me and big little beard going next week , the smaller 2 beards are also going because I bloody well said so ! Saturday off for the missus unless she fancies it , but would prefer her to cook a celebratory tea for the triumphant return of the 4 beards !!!
As ever UTB!!!

Looking very good..

The only niggling worry I have is that Scunny don't seem to be blowing up as I expected and Bolton have a strong squad.

It would be just our luck to have an epic season and two other teams to have truly incredible seasons to leave us third.

It's happened to us twice in the last 15 years.

Looking very good..

The only niggling worry I have is that Scunny don't seem to be blowing up as I expected and Bolton have a strong squad.

It would be just our luck to have an epic season and two other teams to have truly incredible seasons to leave us third.

Scunthorpe will finish 5th or 6th. We will go up automatically with Bolton..

Looking very good..

wait till scunny have a couple of injuries
we are climbing despite several on the gurney

Looking very good..

Let me re-assure you Za.
Their last three wins have come against bottom, second bottom and 6th bottom.
Twice in their last 4 home games Scunny have let a lead slip against 10 men.
They were very poor last time out losing 2-0 at Oldham.
Do you think we'll be saying stuff like that about the Mighty Blades this season?
No chance.
Scunny will have periods where they drop points where we won't, and that will be the difference mate.

Let me re-assure you Za.
Their last three wins have come against bottom, second bottom and 6th bottom.
Twice in their last 4 home games Scunny have let a lead slip against 10 men.
They were very poor last time out losing 2-0 at Oldham.
Do you think we'll be saying stuff like that about the Mighty Blades this season?
No chance.
Scunny will have periods where they drop points where we won't, and that will be the difference mate.

^^This

Looking very good..

Josh Morris is currently averaging about a goal a game for Scunny, from Midfield. He wont keep that up for the rest of the season and as he's currently scoring most of their goals they will start to drop points when his good run ends (or someone buys him in January)

Worth bearing in mind that we have already played Bradford, Bolton and Scunny away - playing them all at home in the run-in has to be an advantage.

The question is can we keep up this kind of form. I don't expect us to go unbeaten, of course, but this kind of pace is better than anyone else is producing. And while I hate games in hand, Walsall looks like a game you expect this side to win and would put us a point off first. So if Scunthorpe keep it up, the question is: can we outdo them by two points? I get so nervous saying anything positive about our future, but I've at least got to say I can't rule that out.

We're passing every test and I still believe we have players in the squad that are yet to show their full potential (Lavery, Chapman, for just two). You also would expect we're the side that is one of the best set to go out and attract quality in January(Bolton have similar sway in their name along with possible cash reserves).

When we can go to a team in Bradford's current position, with their home record, and put three past them, it's hard to think what's stopping us.

Looking very good..

I've noticed too that even in seasons where we've ultimately been successful we've been out done for top spot by some other teams remarkable and improbable run of form.

Think this season though might be different. Can't see Scunthorpe keeping it up. Worry about Bolton, and Bradford aren't to be dismissed after yesterday's showing.

Carry on as we are though and we'll finish top.

Really hope we do as well. Wolves, Burnley and Preston. Three historic and traditional clubs who's company we'd be joining as winners of all four divisions.

Not bad company to be in.

Crunch time at Christmas for Scunny. Bradford away Boxing Day followed by Bolton away New Year's Eve.
They have us and Bristol Rovers away on consecutive Saturdays in Feb too.
True, we all have to play the same fixtures but we have got some tricky away games out of the way already. Feeling quietly more confident with each passing game

Long way to go, but we are playing brilliantly at the mo, long may it continue

We'll go up because Tufty's got the John Harris touch - and that's the greatest compliment for any Blades manager

I think Bradford were far better than Bolton tbh so I'd go for us and them as top 2.

Like Tranmere the other season? ;o)
and Coventry were second last season 5pts behind Burton with a game in hand after 20 games.
It is only in the last 3 games we've started banging goals in.
Lots can happen yet, in the words of Porterfield, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Think of this season as a massive length ramming a beautiful woman's ass, initially the penetration is difficult, but eventually it slides in easier... Sorry I've forgot where I was going with this

"I can stand the shit if you can stand the pain" - is that where you were going with it?

I think Bradford were far better than Bolton tbh so I'd go for us and them as top 2.

But since we played Bolton they’ve added the likes of James Henry, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Alnwick and Keshi Anderson to their ranks. Really useful players for this level. They’ve also seen Zac Clough return from injury and he looks a class above. Hopefully a bigger club will pinch him in January.

Scunthorpe will finish 5th or 6th. We will go up automatically with Bolton..

I'm delighted to see that you're an "ITK" with regard to our significant squad strengthening on 1st January ....... :rolleyes:

Are you able to reveal names yet ...... or are they all still top secret ? ;)

UTB & FTP

All this "no sign of Scunthorpe blowing up.." is highly amusing. We're in October with six months and thirty odd matches still to play. Give them a fucking chance....

Back
Top Bottom