Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah, I know her and I've known her for quite a few years. She is sound, always stop and have a chat with her. she has got to have had the hat a good twenty years or more.

Can anyone else remember the lass in the 90s with the Mel Rees Super Blade jacket, or Gizmo from the 90s?

Would that be Gizmo who helped run the Football In The Community on a saturday? Think he was captain Blade for a while too.

Can't believe trumpet man hasn't been mentioned. Bloke in the late 90's playing the trumpet.

Last edited:

Concorde - (pronounced concooerd) located back of the kop, right beak on him. Shouts things like "Rubbish yoonited, get some meyt ont studs!!"

What's happened to the bloke that sat in gangway F of the South Stand who always used to shout "You've had a great game referee" at some point in the second half (unless the ref had indeed had a great game... though I think he'd still say it anyway)? He was the only entertainment some weeks. Some years, in fact.
Might know him. If it is who I think he sits near the front now.

I know exactly who Asterix is, oldish bloke with long blonde hair and impressive ginger tash. Been going home and away for donkeys years.
And looked the same all the way along. I first saw him at QPR when we lost 3-2 when they had Ferdinand up front. Then many moons passed and it was probably five years ago he strolled past and I swear he was identical in every way.

Unhygienix is the character I link him to.

"Tranny Man" - every club's got one - always had his radio switched on checking the scores from all the other games. Always keen to inform us, he was like a human videprinter.

Yep, that's my dad. Always got the radio on and earbuds in. Tells me the score about five minutes after it comes up on my phone, bless him.

There's a bloke about 5 rows down from me on the Kop who stands up and screams "FUCKING GERRINTER THEM YERNIGHTED" every time we concede.

I sat in a different seat in the Kop for one game last season and I shouted some obscenity at the players (under Adkins it was definitely allowed). The obscenity was something mild, like "this is shit United".

A woman was sat in front of me and was clearly keeping a written log of the game (which I assume she does at every game), I was able to glance over her should and read her diary and she had direct quoted 'fan screams out, "this is shit United".

Wondered if anyone else has ended up in her little black book?

If that was the sort of stuff she'd log, you would think her house is full of black books.

What about the Fat Family, can anyone remember them? Not seen them for ages, by all account they had all attained a spectacular level of derangement. Used to see them all over, entertaining to observe from a distance but you would never want to get in to close contact with them. I can remember Fat Mother once screaming racist abuse at a Scunthorpe player at Glanford Park. Nice people

They were embarrasing. They used to hang around the car park before and after the game. They seemed to think that the players actually liked them. Called them by their first names. 'Hello Nick, are you ok'

Remember when Bassett left and there is a great video (Walthamstow will surely upload - 95/96 season) and they were crying and said they were done with United. The club was finished. They were there the week after.

Also they were obsessed by Evans. Seemed to be his fan club in his appeal for justice. Sure her profile on twitter was a picture of her with Ched.

Unrelated was 'Alan Kelly woman.' My wife somehow knew of her and she was completely obsessed with Alan Kelly. She was quite old but genuinelly seemed to think she might marry him.

Moonface was another on the Kop. Basically looked like Moonface from Faraway tree.

I had a season ticket as a school kid and the guy behind us always used to say "he's been booked that cunt" every time an opposition player made a foul. He was invariably wrong but he was always known as 'hes been booked that cunt' to us
That guy is still there, in fact 20,000 of them turn up every week

Following on from my thread (United u23's v Hull 23's) about the fan that I dubbed Mumbled Man, I got thinking and thought about the number of Blades fans I have sat with in different season ticket seats or seen on trips away from home. It may be at the pub or just in passing that you often see.

I have to be careful as some may be on here. I am sure people have seen me and have a name for me as well (report knob etc) but wondered if other fans have names / nicknames for fans around them or that they see; funny how you often never get their names and can sit with them for years!?

Some may seem nasty but they are not really and no offence really meant. All meant jovially, Care to share anyone else who does this?

Over the years I / my wide / mates have names of fans as follows.....

The Manager - Guy who sits behind me in the stand and is obsessed with tactics, sayign what formation we are playing and discussing subs even after 5 minutes.

Fart Brigade - Guy with silver hair and glasses who always goes away. Few conversations he has had with his party he seems obsessed with real ale and Wetherspoons. Sat behind him at Blackburn and he was breaking wind constantly and grinning. To the point where everyone around him felt sick. Others seems to be as bad but he was head fart henchman. Hence the name.

Lawnmower man - Man who sits near us who seems to be high up in this trade travellling the world selling aformentioned products. Disappears for weeks to the States etc and then pops up again. Nice guy actually.

The twins - Two ahem...twins that go home and away that seem to be continually with each other whether in the pub, on the train or at the game.

Hat w*****r
- Sure she is a nice woman but the one who wears the hat with all the badges. Harsh she got the W. I blame my mate.

Simos mate - Someone who over that season was a Simonsen apologist to the fact it was ridiculous even in the face of error after error.

Scunny lads - Two decent lads who were brothers who used to come from Scunny and sit near us on the Kop for 4 or 5 years. Never got their names. Just knew they came from Scunny.

Annoying face - Always seems to be pop up, grinning. Mid 20's. Does not seem to have any friends or anyone he is with most weeks; just latches on to whoever Got a really silly gurning face and often shouts ridiculous things out. Mainly on away trains or pubs.

Beer Machine - He got this name as he used to go the Beer Engine and come in late but he dubbed it the Beer Machine. Used to always come in late, drunk and talking of strippers. Most of his stories were utter crap.

Will think of some more....
Is the hat lady, the Australian out back hat/cowboy hat lady?

In the late 70s me and a couple of mates habitually stood at the back of the John Street terracing near the Kop. There was an old guy who sat on the front row of the seating who we referred to as Bloody Rubbish because he used this epithet regularly, often followed by Garner or Cutbush. He also had the annoying habit of banging his hand down on the divide between the seating and standing areas. Being 6' 4" he made contact with my head on more than one occasion. Still, a passionate and life long Blade no doubt and almost certainly no longer with us.

Forgot him! He is simply known as the Viking to me and my mate. Must be same guy. Remember coming back from Wembley on a National Express coach post Huddersfield and him snoring sat in the seat in front. He even slept like you would expect a Viking to sleep (not sure that makes sense).

Slept like a viking? Resting his head on a horned helmet with a giant hammer on the seat beside him?

The 'Spitbeast' and his equally annoying brood sit on the Kop.All are skilled when it comes to showering you with droplets of spittle and snot during a game.The bloke in front of them is cocooned every game and has to be cut from his seat at full time.

Also very adept as regards the boo.Sound like a herd of rutting yaks.Any bull within a 10 mile radius of the Lane must prick up its ears and think 'fanny'!!

All rise is a guy who sits in the middle of my row in the centre of the kop, always a late arrival meaning everyone has to stand up to let him by, I and others would have no problem with that if it wasn't for the fact that he inches his way to his seat whilst watching the game or stopping altogether if anything exciting is happening on the pitch leaving the poor pepole directly behind with no view whatsoever, he's over six foot too, most games he gets the "sit daahn" or "hurry up pal" though it never makes any difference.

There's a guy on the Kop - behind goal, centre-back of stand - who's forever shouting, "FORRRRRWARD!" whenever we're playing iffy. Resembles Plug from the Bash Street Kids so that's his nickname. Thinks he's a tactical genius but he'd have us humping it long like Megson's Wednesday if he was in charge. In fact, he does resemble Megson a little too ...

Light grey anorak guy. Few rows from front on the end of the row, just left of the kop goal when looking from south stand or JSS.

Pair of ageing fucking hipsters the row in front of us who - this season - get in late, go for a piss after twenty minutes, come back, go out ten minutes before half time, come back in five minutes after second half kick off and go for a minimum of two pisses in the second half. The bloke near the end of the row always looks like he going to chin them. The bearded, flat capped oldest swinger in town tossers.

More:

'sticky' Lovely old guy who puts his walking stick over your seat every week and has to be asked to move it.

'Facey faceyson' a guy who has goofy teeth a daft squint and walks past gurning every week.

'The specy twats' a whole family who wear thick round black framed glasses.

Five of them? Angry father with a face like a slapped arse, son dressed like the dad, mouse little mum and two daughters who looked like they'd rather be at an arranged marriage with some pensioner they'd met on the Internet?

'Sit Darn' allus turns up 5 minutes in and proceeds to have a chat with two blokes sat on the end of the row across blocking everybody's fucking view before getting the usual shouts of "get arrrt ot ruuuwad" and the proverbial "sit thisen darn". Doesn't shift then either.

Back
Top Bottom