Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely amazing that 3 of us remember a nutter from 30-35 years ago!

A couple from the pre south stand days on the kop.

The Bus Driver - Permanently angry. Used to regularly shout for the removal of which ever manager was in charge. Nicknamed the bus driver as I once caught a bus and he was driving it about 15 years ago, with the same discombobulated expression.

A-Tash and A-Tashs Dad - A-Tash was a middle class kid, who stood near us at the back of the kop desperately trying to fit it. His Dad sometimes came with him and had been involved in some capacity with local football and was a bit of know it all

Anybody know Asterix?

Short fella with really long hair and an impressive moustache. Has an altogether viking-esque appearance. Looks like something out of Asterix.

My dad used to reckon his name was Pete but I don't know.

He was in the background on a photo posted here a few weeks ago.

"Sort it ahht Warnock"man and family still sits in Block B, New South Stand.

Anybody know Asterix?

Short fella with really long hair and an impressive moustache. Has an altogether viking-esque appearance. Looks like something out of Asterix.

My dad used to reckon his name was Pete but I don't know.

Forgot him! He is simply known as the Viking to me and my mate. Must be same guy. Remember coming back from Wembley on a National Express coach post Huddersfield and him snoring sat in the seat in front. He even slept like you would expect a Viking to sleep (not sure that makes sense).

Is the guy with the pink mohawk still at the back of the kop?

When I had season tickets on John Street there was a guy who screamed mild abuse hilariously, no obscenities, just ridiculous insults and analogies. Front middle just to the right.

I've come across him before, on a very rare sortie in to the JSS when Brownie Jnr first started coming to games. I thought he was nothing more than an self important, attention seeing fucktard who must have spent all the preceding week rehersing his routine.

What about the Fat Family, can anyone remember them? Not seen them for ages, by all account they had all attained a spectacular level of derangement. Used to see them all over, entertaining to observe from a distance but you would never want to get in to close contact with them. I can remember Fat Mother once screaming racist abuse at a Scunthorpe player at Glanford Park. Nice people

When my son was about 8 or 9 we used to sit on the far left of the Kop, as it was quiet & he got a decent view. There was always a fella, greying hair & glasses who used to get animated & kick every ball.
One week he wasn't there so my son chirped up "Dad, where's Fabio Capello this week."
If you're reading this "Fabio" We look out for you every home game, you legend.

Anyone ever seen the woman with the cowboy-type hat covered in hundreds of United badges?

The aforementioned twins I've seen at just about every United related event, major or minor if it's who I'm thinking of. Two tall dark haired skinny fellas mid 30's maybe?

Anyone ever seen the woman with the cowboy-type hat covered in hundreds of United badges?

The aforementioned twins I've seen at just about every United related event, major or minor if it's who I'm thinking of. Two tall dark haired skinny fellas mid 30's maybe?
Hat woman definitely....don't know her name but years ago we used to walk down London Rd and her and some of her friends used to tag along with us as we'd pub crawl it up town,fannys,moorfoot,pump,etc etc...still see her now and then on Kop.

Yeah, I know her and I've known her for quite a few years. She is sound, always stop and have a chat with her. she has got to have had the hat a good twenty years or more.

Can anyone else remember the lass in the 90s with the Mel Rees Super Blade jacket, or Gizmo from the 90s?

In my first season as a ST holder, there were two middle-aged blokes, 'Gary and Paul' who sat behind me and brightened up my day with their running commentary.

"You ever been for a shit in the ground Paul?"

'Yes Gary, when we got that penalty against Walsall in 1981, never left my spot either'.

What's happened to the bloke that sat in gangway F of the South Stand who always used to shout "You've had a great game referee" at some point in the second half (unless the ref had indeed had a great game... though I think he'd still say it anyway)? He was the only entertainment some weeks. Some years, in fact.

My mate calls the bloke next to me Mr Inconvenient as he always has to go for a piss right before half time instead of just waiting that extra 2 minutes. My favourite is a nickname that Large Mendonca gave to a bloke in the JS corner years ago - 'cat weasel'. He was a bloke with a bald head and long beard that turned around one day and had a go at us for saying United were poor (the game under Blackwell against Donny that we lost 1-0). People around us kept slagging United off and my dad said you can't say that around here - the bloke turns around and says 'don't take t'piss'. We just looked at each other and laughed. Funnily enough, we actually spoke to him after t future games and got along well afterwards.

Also heard about this bloke that gets on quite a few people's nerves at games. They say he's around 30 and sits tweeting all game. Does anyone know him?

Pretty tall, dark hair and err.. facially challenged? If so they used to have ST's on the Kop in the early-mid 2000's
Bit harsh. Tall and dark would be enough. They used to live round woodseats I think. I saw them a lot when I lived there.

Gangway G two thirds of the way down the kop sat in front of us. We had "Scolari" on one side (a dead ringer for big Phil when he was Chelsea manager) and "Tosh" on the other for his striking resemblance to the Bill character.
Stood next to and chatted to the hat woman at Handsworth Parramore pre season.... nice woman

The Monty Hater (okay, that doesn't exactly narrow it down). He has occupied the same seat several rows behind me for a decade now. Oldish bloke with a very distinctive nasal whine; he would never say anything at all either in support or against United other than to criticise Monty, week after week after week after week. For example, if a substitution was made and it wasn't Monty he'd go, "Haven't you got a number 4?" Every week.

More than once someone has finally flipped and turned on him, a memorable time being when one guy turned round and yelled, "Always fucking Monty! They're all fucking shit, not just Monty!"

One week I lost it too; can't remember exactly what it was I shouted but it was something along the lines, "I've been listening to you for five years now; either lighten up or fuck off somewhere else!"

When Monty left he was a bit quiet for a while but soon switched his ire towards George Long. However, he was never able to summon up the same passion or frequency as he did for Monty. This season I haven't heard a peep from him; in fact on Saturday I'll have to check to make sure he is still there.

I sat in a different seat in the Kop for one game last season and I shouted some obscenity at the players (under Adkins it was definitely allowed). The obscenity was something mild, like "this is shit United".

A woman was sat in front of me and was clearly keeping a written log of the game (which I assume she does at every game), I was able to glance over her should and read her diary and she had direct quoted 'fan screams out, "this is shit United".

Wondered if anyone else has ended up in her little black book?

Back
Top Bottom