Woolfords interview, regarding CW

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Higgo's Belly

Reaction score
Woolfords interview, prior to Saturdays fixture at Fleetwood,

He said regarding CW: “The new manager, for whatever reason, decided on his second day in charge that I was not going to be part of his plans so I was straight on the transfer list and never got a chance to try and turn things around there. “From that point of view it was disappointing because on the back of a bad season I’d gone away in the summer, I’d grafted. I’d worked hard and I was ready to fight for my place and prove people wrong but I never got given that chance. “Pre-season from coming back really fit after the summer you kind of go backwards a little bit as the lads are getting the games, getting the football and the proper training. “I wasn’t getting that really so it was disappointing in that respect but again it is fuel for the fire and it just makes me more hungry to do well. “I was training on my own at times, I was left behind when the lads went on pre-season tour which I can understand because he’d made it clear I was not part of his plans. “On the other side of it, as I said to him (Wilder), it was disappointing that I never got chance to show him what he had there in front of him.” Woolford is not expecting a great reception from the Sheffield away following. He said: “I’m man enough to take that on board, whatever is thrown my way I’m ready to just get on with things if anything it will spur me on even more. “One of the big things actually is I gave the fans a thumbs up on the last game of the season and for some reason some of the fans thought that I had stuck two (fingers) up. “It was a thumb, I’ve told them that, but they don’t seem to be listening. But it is what it is and it is water off a duck’s back really.”

CW as a Blades fan will have already watched Woolford play and heard comments from other Blades fans about his performances, to have made a decision about him, as soon as he got the job. I'm surprised it took CW as long as two days to make a decision that he was to be made available for transfer. Woolford was brought in by a totally useless joke of a manager pal of Woolford's and he was only just edged out by Hammond, as the most disastrous signing Adkins made. He was lazy, overweight and slower than any other player I can ever remember playing for the Blades. He looked like a Sunday League player, suffering from a hangover, after 10 pints the night before.
Regarding the thumbs up the crowd incident, Woolford was substituted in the defeat to Scunthorpe, after another of his inept performances and was jeered by the crowd. He then gestured to the fans who helped pay his extortionate wages for a season, when he had contributed nothing that game or all season. Everyone who was there knows his gesture to the crowd was a sarcastic, disrespectful response to the fans reaction to his performances, yet this useless dog shit player attempts to justify this in his interview stating "IT WAS A THUMB, I'VE TOLD THEM THAT, BUT THEY DON'T SEEM TO BE LISTENING".
Good riddance I say, to one of the worst players ever to pull on the red and white shirt, although its really gutting that we had to pay him off, to get rid.

I think Woolford should be asking himself.
When he was released by us the best offer from any club wanting his services was

A measley 1 year deal from Fleetwood Town

Just shows how his stock has fallen.

I suppose it's better than Dean Hammond.
He still can't find a club interested in signing him. He may have to try the non league.

This season it'll become clear whether he's past it or simply never got going last season, largely due to his lack of pre season.

I always thought he was a sound enough character who would always be professional and give 100%, and he probably is, but as time went on I began to think he'd lost his hunger and was content to play see out his last decent contract whilst doing very little.

He had plenty of chances to "turn things around" during the previous season but along with many others his "couldn't give a flying fuck" attitude was the major reason why we suffered our worst ever season in history other than 1980/81. Does he genuinely feel hard done by? Take a look in the mirror Martin and if that still doesn't tell you then I'm sure 1100+ Blades will oblige on Saturday.
Gone and by 5pm Saturday, hopefully forgotten

Woolfords interview, prior to Saturdays fixture at Fleetwood,

He said regarding CW: “The new manager, for whatever reason, decided on his second day in charge that I was not going to be part of his plans so I was straight on the transfer list and never got a chance to try and turn things around there. “From that point of view it was disappointing because on the back of a bad season I’d gone away in the summer, I’d grafted. I’d worked hard and I was ready to fight for my place and prove people wrong but I never got given that chance. “Pre-season from coming back really fit after the summer you kind of go backwards a little bit as the lads are getting the games, getting the football and the proper training. “I wasn’t getting that really so it was disappointing in that respect but again it is fuel for the fire and it just makes me more hungry to do well. “I was training on my own at times, I was left behind when the lads went on pre-season tour which I can understand because he’d made it clear I was not part of his plans. “On the other side of it, as I said to him (Wilder), it was disappointing that I never got chance to show him what he had there in front of him.” Woolford is not expecting a great reception from the Sheffield away following. He said: “I’m man enough to take that on board, whatever is thrown my way I’m ready to just get on with things if anything it will spur me on even more. “One of the big things actually is I gave the fans a thumbs up on the last game of the season and for some reason some of the fans thought that I had stuck two (fingers) up. “It was a thumb, I’ve told them that, but they don’t seem to be listening. But it is what it is and it is water off a duck’s back really.”

CW as a Blades fan will have already watched Woolford play and heard comments from other Blades fans about his performances, to have made a decision about him, as soon as he got the job. I'm surprised it took CW as long as two days to make a decision that he was to be made available for transfer. Woolford was brought in by a totally useless joke of a manager pal of Woolford's and he was only just edged out by Hammond, as the most disastrous signing Adkins made. He was lazy, overweight and slower than any other player I can ever remember playing for the Blades. He looked like a Sunday League player, suffering from a hangover, after 10 pints the night before.
Regarding the thumbs up the crowd incident, Woolford was substituted in the defeat to Scunthorpe, after another of his inept performances and was jeered by the crowd. He then gestured to the fans who helped pay his extortionate wages for a season, when he had contributed nothing that game or all season. Everyone who was there knows his gesture to the crowd was a sarcastic, disrespectful response to the fans reaction to his performances, yet this useless dog shit player attempts to justify this in his interview stating "IT WAS A THUMB, I'VE TOLD THEM THAT, BUT THEY DON'T SEEM TO BE LISTENING".
Good riddance I say, to one of the worst players ever to pull on the red and white shirt, although its really gutting that we had to pay him off, to get rid.

I was a few yards away and it as clearly thumbs up AND sarcastic. I saw the look on his face.
After saying that, ive seen worse players than him at BL.

I don't wish him unwell, I don't think he is the worst to ever put on a Utd shirt and I don't get why there will be any needle between our fans and him.

Adkins brought him to a club with high expectations, unfit after an injury plagued season at Millwall and seemingly some sort of successor to Jamie Murphy.

Nige's negligent transfer policy did him no favours.

Every time I saw him he was poor. That I can forgive, the whole side was usually poor and maybe he was having a bad spell for whatever reason. What I disliked is that he was the epitome of what I hate about this league: players and teams that seem content to jog for 90 minutes and never threaten to win the game. It's what I've loved most about the last couple of home games; not a team playing hoofball, and not a team playing patient build ups either, but at least a team that looks like it'll do whatever it takes to try to win the match. Weir football was the worst, but Adkins and Clough did the same, as do 90% of League One teams. I'm not asking you to be a world beater but in everything I've competed in, I've come out of it knowing I put my soul into the game. There were games that Woolford walked away from where he can't honestly say that was all he could give. We were lucky if he looked like he'd broken sweat.

I'm not remotely interested in his sob stories to be honest. Like almost every other member of last years squad, he had ample opportunity to at least show a signal of intent.
And like much of last years squad he proved only to be just another prick with a massive sense of self-entitlement. We are well rid.
We now have a team to believe in; last years squad are just a crap memory.

What the hell is he complaining about.

He played against Gainsborough pre-season.

on the back of a bad season I’d gone away in the summer, I’d grafted. I’d worked hard and I was ready to fight for my place

Whether this is Freudian or just a confession, sounds like he was trying to impress, something that he didn't try to do during the previous season.

Talk is cheap; he talks of fight and graft but was part of the most lily-livered squad I will probably ever see at BDTBL. The new lot have already offered and given more than he ever did for the Club, irrespective of Saturday and what happens the rest of the season. Fuck him.

Spot on. Woolford is just an irrelevant bad memory now. He had his opportunity playing for a big city club and his feckless attitude means he was bombed out along with the other gutless pricks we had. Maybe he should have a think about how bad it must have been when a potless club have to find a chunk of their forthcoming seasons budget just to pay him off so that we dont have to suffer his 'contribution' any more. Its not like CW made a decision that could have gone either way...every blade i knew would have put into a kitty to get the moaning useless twat off the payroll. Irrespective of the result on saturday...goodbye martyn. You definately wont be missed you daft little twirp.

What Woolford seems to forget is that Wilder has watched him many a time last season competitively which matters the most.

The gaffer was able to come in and make decisions quickly because he has followed United from afar and had already done his groundwork. Of all of the released and listed players, not a single one has gone on and impressed which only proves Wilder's decision to be spot on thus far.

I was a few yards away and it as clearly thumbs up AND sarcastic. I saw the look on his face.
After saying that, ive seen worse players than him at BL.

There were worse players than him at BDTBL last season let alone through history. Just wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“One of the big things actually is I gave the fans a thumbs up on the last game of the season and for some reason some of the fans thought that I had stuck two (fingers) up. “It was a thumb, I’ve told them that, but they don’t seem to be listening. But it is what it is and it is water off a duck’s back really

"Water off a ducks back" yet he seems to mention it in every interview he does.

One of the worst players I have ever seen in life or computer games. An abysmally bad level of ability on par with his abysmal face.

When you think about it, he sounds like a soft squidgy toy car (Wool ford) and that is how he played for us. Very soft.

What Woolford seems to forget is that Wilder has watched him many a time last season competitively which matters the most.

The gaffer was able to come in and make decisions quickly because he has followed United from afar and had already done his groundwork. Of all of the released and listed players, not a single one has gone on and impressed which only proves Wilder's decision to be spot on thus far.

I take your point and largely agree but weren't Coutts and Freeman transfer listed as well?

Don't think he didn't try last year.

However, one of the most average players I've ever seen. No pace, no skill, no confidence or crossing ability and a first touch that was painful to watch.

My abiding memory will be him taking a crap touch and running the ball into a defender.

He was never going to be good enough to replace our best player, Murphy, particularly as he was coming back from injury. It was an impossible task for him, and he seemed happy just to hide away in matches and not be found.
An average player who was never going to be good enough for the job he was brought in to do.

That said - with the amount of abuse players get these days, I can kind of understand and forgive his sarcastic gesture - he's only human and I suspect I would have done the same.

Back
Top Bottom