Football in crisis, when will we get implicated?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's down to the players really to stop this crap. A poster above was absolutely correct that they are the most powerful men in the game, band together and reject agents full stop and they end it.

So, so right.......the truth is this should all be based on the quality of leadership at the very top and I mean those who appointed this feral chancer. Yes, Sam does represent the lack of integrity and commonsense that should be a given at this level, and should he act indignantly at the suggestion that he's greedy in ways that most people can't begin to get their heads around then he'll further his now tainted profile. Those who exist in their bubble of corporate aloofness will never grasp how they're viewed by football fans. To many they represent the scum of the earth so far as the 'them' and 'us' culture that exists throughout society at large. You don't believe me? All you have to do is look at a once great footballer like Platini and wonder why his head was turned? Of course the answer is easy to conclude, but Platini and all the other greedy cunts seem resistant to the notion of enough is enough. Think about it, £3 million a year and yet Sam's greed antennae are as alert as ever at the first sign of further ways to line his pockets. Surely the FA have rules that prohibit this sort of thing? Or are they as amenable to this type of distasteful behaviour as they appear to be?
Do you remember a lady called Imelda Marcos, had a voracious appetite for the high life and material possessions in particular buying shoes - thought the gravy train would never stop.

It did.

Trouble is who do you get in ? Southgate who has probably never farted outside a toilet ,but will be totally useless ,Steve Bruce proven greedy ,Eddie Howe still on SMA or go Foreign (noooo). Rather have a shady winner myself.

Mind you, this is but a pimple on the bottom of the whole corporate dodginess issue in a global sense. Shifting cash, registering assets as charities, purchase of rafts of properties, limited liability and everything beyond and in between is the way of the world and in many senses, keeps the lights on and the wolf from the door. Anyone who thinks capitalism will be anything but a reflection of basic human greed is either a deluded Corbynista, or needs a psychiatrist (or both)

pommpey

Do you remember a lady called Imelda Marcos, had a voracious appetite for the high life and material possessions in particular buying shoes - thought the gravy train would never stop.

It did.

And I saw the abject poverty in her country, first hand.

Oligarchs and plutocrats are like that.

pommpey

remember mccabe saying about keeping a closer eyes on deals and ridiculas offers being made. Could be something in it, would they bother investigating a league one team though?
I think we were only involved in two deals that weren't loans during the 10 month investigation if we are excluding this summer activity - Alcock leaving to Doncaster Rovers undisclosed and Khan to Barnsley on a free. That said, I remember Adkins suggesting he was going to be able to strengthen in the January transfer window and then we bought no-one. When I say we bought no-one, of course we did - as Hammond's special extended loan with benefits was in January.

It did.

How could I forget the hag shoe-collector? The darling of every money pit across Europe. She only possessed two feet but was compelled to own shoes as if she was anatomically challenged. Not unlike the now dead socialite Leona Helmsley who was so far removed from reality that to her the rest of us were just 'little people' who should pay to make her life bearable. These cunts exist, they're not imaginary creations...........maybe Sam will begin to feel a compulsion to buy girdles in order to suppress his ever widening belly, all due to those free lunches he's had to endure.

Why would players reject agents? The agents have made them rich.

I can't help but think that the majority of players don't particularly give a shiny shite who's involved as long as they get paid.

As I've mentioned in a thread on the off topic board, I'd be most worried about them digging up dirt on Neil Warnock while he was our manager.

How could I forget the hag shoe-collector? The darling of every money pit across Europe. She only possessed two feet but was compelled to own shoes as if she was anatomically challenged. Not unlike the now dead socialite Leona Helmsley who was so far removed from reality that to her the rest of us were just 'little people' who should pay to make her life bearable. These cunts exist, they're not imaginary creations...........maybe Sam will begin to feel a compulsion to buy girdles in order to suppress his ever widening belly, all due to those free lunches he's had to endure.
Football's historically been a cash business, arguably still is, indeed the vernacular surrounding players wages is still - per week, a throw back to an era when wages were paid in cash on a weekly basis - the notion of cash and its ready availability is ingrained into the game.

Bungs, backhanders, brown envelopes at motorway service stations, as much a part of the game as the pukka pie.

It's down to the players really to stop this crap. A poster above was absolutely correct that they are the most powerful men in the game, band together and reject agents full stop and they end it.

In most cases it's very much in a players' interests to have an agent.

Football's historically been a cash business, arguably still is, indeed the vernacular surrounding players wages is still - per week, a throw back to an era when wages were paid in cash on a weekly basis - the notion of cash and its ready availability is ingrained into the game.

Bungs, backhanders, brown envelopes at motorway service stations, as much a part of the game as the pukka pie.

Agree, any business that is awash with money will act like a magnet to those possessed of the greed we've known about for decades. The thing is, if Sam is our current hate figure, who else is involved in this exhibition of greed? I'm not just talking about the current revelations, this will come and go, but there must be an ingrained culture of greedy fuckers who take from the game without ever giving back. And before anyone screams 'Agents' I'm inclined to look closer, to those who are employed within the game.

Or someone who can read and string an intelligible sentence together...

Perhaps so. Not that i'l ever get to see one, but I'm led to understand that many modern contracts can be somewhat complicated, a lot of smallprint so to speak.

Agree, any business that is awash with money will act like a magnet to those possessed of the greed we've known about for decades. The thing is, if Sam is our current hate figure, who else is involved in this exhibition of greed? I'm not just talking about the current revelations, this will come and go, but there must be an ingrained culture of greedy fuckers who take from the game without ever giving back. And before anyone screams 'Agents' I'm inclined to look closer, to those who are employed within the game.
There's a definite need for a regulatory framework to be introduced to govern the role of agents and the transfer of players - didn't FIFA abolish this in respect of agents, which leads nicely onto my point.....

If you want to know if a fish is healthy - look at its head.

But this isn't limited to football is it.

This is the case at the top of politics, sport, media, business.....a large number of crooks, rotten to the core with greed and lost to what they used to stand for.

Allardyce is a disgrace. He is already a very wealthy man....he was being paid £3million pounds a year to supposedly do the best job he can to make England a footballing force. And despite his wealth, a salary unbelievable for a part time role, and one of the most high profile positions in English sport he chose to look for more.
He turned his head to something other than the job he should be giving his all for, and showed his true colours when "showing off" and highlighting his power and influence in the game. It frankly makes me sick.

I hope he, and every other man involved who shows this level of greed....Redknapp and co....get their comeuppance.

Root them all out, FIFA, uefa, the FA, dodgy owners and money launderers, and players. This is the sport of our country, and a privilege to be involved in. Money, fame and power should pay no part in it.

Give the game back to the honest people who genuinely care.

I don't care if he is the fall guy. There is no way he should have been doing what he did. He was an employee of the Fa. Who in their right, tiny mind would think the Fa would agree with him telling all of this how to beat the Fa transfer regs? Unbelievable! He deserves to walk, even though I liked him the greedy, avaricious, narcissistic and arrogant two hat! Entrapment has won again? Good!

I'd not let Allardyce back in the country for the time being he's done a tiny bit of ethic cleansing for us.

Time we started playing hard-ball with tossers like this, start by delaying him at customs in Manchester Airport until a thorough audit of his last 30 years accounts has been completed.

I'd agree with this, or at the very least someone who understands contracts.

More than that is needed. The men tasked with arranging a deal on behalf of a club are generally very savvy negotiators (excluding SUFC's in recent years apparently) and are working in the interests of the club: to save money.

The majority of footballers are financially naive and unequipped to deal with these negotiations, especially younger players. It would be foolish not to hire an agent or representatives.

More than that is needed. The men tasked with arranging a deal on behalf of a club are generally very savvy negotiators (excluding SUFC's in recent years apparently) and are working in the interests of the club: to save money.

The majority of footballers are financially naive and unequipped to deal with these negotiations, especially younger players. It would be foolish not to hire an agent or representatives.

Glad you put that bit in, seems like we had Forrest Gump doing the deals for us!

It would be typical Blades if we got involved in this. Losing who's shaping up to be our best manager since Warnock and having a few points deducted to prevent us from any chance of promotion.

Typical, typical Blades.

It would be typical Blades if we got involved in this. Losing who's shaping up to be our best manager since Warnock and having a few points deducted to prevent us from any chance of promotion.

Typical, typical Blades.

Oh God I hope not :fattwat: Fuckface will have us for Breakfast, and it'll be all you can fucking eat.

Trouble is who do you get in ? Southgate who has probably never farted outside a toilet ,but will be totally useless ,Steve Bruce proven greedy ,Eddie Howe still on SMA or go Foreign (noooo). Rather have a shady winner myself.

What will limit their options is insisting that the would-be manager packs in his current job. I've never seen that being international manager is a full-time job, not until playing for England is a full-time job.

Another thing that might put off potential managers is that it's a no-win situation. England are shit. Always have been, always will be.

If there is a high-level enquiry/investigation with any teeth following the Allardyce debacle, I've a feeling the FA will end up with few options as to who to appoint.

They'll go down like dominos as one by one, they are implicated, it'll be like the child sex abuse inquiry - are they on their fourth chairwoman by now? I say this because the cheating and double-dealing is soaked through the game - shit, they can't even NOT stick their hands in the air for a throw in when they kicked it out.

Still I've no doubt they'll lift a corner of a carpet and hope the dust goes away by itself.

Wenger may have washed behind his ears & kept his nose clean?

Back
Top Bottom