Football in crisis, when will we get implicated?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tezza1889

Reaction score
i was gonna post how great it was that football was having another bung crisis as its nothing new to me (I was around when clough was getting his brown paper bags in the services toilets) then it suddenly struck me, we're not involved in it all..

Well, we can't be having this can we, I mean what will fatty Samuels write about on Sunday if the evil that is Sheffield United are not involved in underhand deals and as we know whenever people are fixing games and playing ineligible players were always there abouts, so come on then, for a bit of fun seeing as it's all going well at the minute at the club...........what could possibly go wrong?...

Let's have a giggle, who's next after big Sam, Jimmy floyd, and Barnsley guy..meh...

I'm going with Nigel Adkins and Dean Hammonds agent and a three point deduction in late April to take us out of the play offs.....who's with me..!!!!!!!!!

Well, look, there is/are a former manager/s of ours who may have been spoken about in the past regarding bungs, but; call me paranoid, I'm not going to write anyone's name here - I suspect the managers of this forum would rather we didn't.

I just saw Maclaren reporting Allardyce as being †'innocent', in the eyes of the law? yes, probably, otherwise the Police wouldn't have let him fly to Costa del Crime yesterday - but it goes to show the isolated 'unreal' world of the football business, and the sheer quantity of money sloshing about in it.

The wages of Sam telling the Telegraph journalists how the 3rd party ownership rules can be broken was £400 000 - unless something damascene happens to me, thats way more than I will ever earn in my lifetime - granted, I'm a poor man.
But £400 000, granted, that's danger money, he knows he was being underhand, undermining the organisation that already rewards him so handsomely - but he'd already told these paparazzi what they needed to know - i.e. (like West Ham did in the Tevez affair) *you pretend that a player's 'owner' is an employee of the club.
So what was Fat Sam going to be paid for - probably little more than one side of an A4 sheet of paper with that* written on it and more seriously, a few names and their mobile 'phone numbers.

Even to a merchant banker with a coke addiction, £400K is crazy money - & to be fair for so little effort, I don't know whether Sam asked for that sum or was offered it by the journos but he didn't smell a rat so I assume its a 'reasonable' reward for so little information. He doesn't understand how greedy he is, he probably doesn't realise how many football supporters are are earning less than £15K/annum, he probably thinks the breadline is about £50K.

This is why, if you want to buy a football shirt, it costs about £50, even though, its covered in sponsors' adverts, even though, it probably cost less than £1 to make. EVERYONE is on the take.

The parallels with simony and the mediaeval Catholic church, and its fat cat Popes and Friar Tucks are inescapable.

For it is easier for Sam Allardyce to crawl through the eye of a needle than it is to for him to find any redemption, regardless, I can see him back in the Sunderland job come 2017.

† ....... redacted comments

Last edited:
What's the agent's 10% on a free transfer? Or an undisclosed fee?

I'm going with Nigel Adkins and Dean Hammonds agent and a three point deduction in late April to take us out of the play offs.....who's with me..!!!!!!!!!

No. Won't happen because it would be totally unfair on West Ham supporters. That would ensure that we did not get promoted and would prevent (relegated) West Ham any chance of playing us in the Championship next season and thus deny their supporters any chance of vengeance over the Tevez saga and their league cup demise of two years ago.

Football = Money + Human beings. The result of this equation is always corruption. Just depends how deep you dig.

There is one particular manager from our past who I would be less than shocked if he was implicated.

Didn't Jason Puncheon make some remarks about Neil Warnock which implied he had dodgy dealings going on?

Correct, have a look on twitter and there are screenshots of his comments on what is now an old account (I believe he closed his account after those comments) from a few years back which seem to correlate with "manager number 8" on the Telegraph list. Didn't he get an FA fine or something for those comments?

Careful what you wish for. If Adkins involved in corruption then so is the club.

The fact is that football is corrupt from the top down and has been for years. You only have to look at FIFA, Blatter, platini and their cohorts. Football ceased to be a sport and became a business years ago and there is just too much money. The players have become bigger than the game. The authorities would not want to do anything to upset the players so they get away with being paid vaste and in most cases unmerited sums, cheat by "diving" to get free kicks, play acting pretending to be poleaxed when they have hardly been touched to try and get opponents booked/sent off, arguing with/intimidating referees etc. And generally being appalling role models. The authorities could have taken action to stamp this out but have shown no leadership or inclination to do so. Why upset the players when everyone is doing so nicely with so much money flowing into the game mainly from TV. Set against that background and leadership is it any wonder that corruption is going on with players, agents and managers?

The whole game needs a complete overhaul

I hope SUFC do not get implicated but as said the Hammond "option" looks decidedly dodgy.

UTB

Why would a manager being corrupt also definitely mean the club is?

remember mccabe saying about keeping a closer eyes on deals and ridiculas offers being made. Could be something in it, would they bother investigating a league one team though?

Allardyce is just the guy to get caught. And all he's done is explain how to work the system. Don't tell me the FA don't have a team of lawyers and accountants that do exactly this kind of thing when it comes to filing their taxes. Don't tell me they've all been blind to these practices for years. Don't tell me they aren't all at least as crooked as anyone else in the game.

Not much sympathy for Big Sam, but what's going to pain me is that we'll have the Redknapp ordeal all over again. A few people will get picked out, most likely nothing will stick, and everyone will go back to normal as though corruption has been dealt with. Maybe even a few heads will roll along the way, but nothing changes.

Given the level of corruption in English football, it wouldn't surprise me if United were implicated. Not that I'm suggesting we've done anything wrong, but it would serve 'the powers that be' if we became the fall guys. Again.

Obviously Wednesday (the team who invented corruption in the modern game) are whiter than white. Insolvency Expert Mandaric? £20m loan being written off by the Co-op? No up-to-date Safety Certificate for the 1989 Semi (and probably others)?

The level of corruption in the game is so great that already, Shameless Sam is talking of walking into another managerial job in England. Would anybody take him? Of course they would! (Which makes United's bowing down to the 'holier-than-thou' brigade over Ched Evans all the more despicable).

Fat Sam's joke about 'entrapment' is gaining some traction from other interested parties and why not? Those guys who robbed Hatton Gardens could similarly claim that, if they hadn't put all that loot there, they wouldn't have been tempted to nick it. At least £400k would be worth the risk, unlike that Barnsley plank who's lost it all for £5k.

Without papers like the Telegraph highlighting what's going on, it would continue. After all, which 'high ups' in football (or any sport) would have blown the whistle on Allardyce when they're all at it? Same with Keith Vaz. Which of the perverts, ponces and paedophiles who infest both Houses would have said anything?

However, as the scandal in football continues, expect as few to be fighting like rats in a sack.

Allardyce is just the guy to get caught. And all he's done is explain how to work the system. Don't tell me the FA don't have a team of lawyers and accountants that do exactly this kind of thing when it comes to filing their taxes. Don't tell me they've all been blind to these practices for years. Don't tell me they aren't all at least as crooked as anyone else in the game.

Not much sympathy for Big Sam, but what's going to pain me is that we'll have the Redknapp ordeal all over again. A few people will get picked out, most likely nothing will stick, and everyone will go back to normal as though corruption has been dealt with. Maybe even a few heads will roll along the way, but nothing changes.

He was a senior FA employee explaining how to get around his employers rules. It's that simple.

He's whined for years about getting his "dream job" - although God knows why his track record would even put him in the frame and let's be honest, the lack of decent English managers is the only reason he got it in the first place - and the first thing he did was start chasing cash on top of his £3 million salary.

Serves the arrogant boorish greedy twat right.

remember mccabe saying about keeping a closer eyes on deals and ridiculas offers being made. Could be something in it, would they bother investigating a league one team though?

In the PL season or more recently? I believe he's alluded to it more than once.

Careful what you wish for. If Adkins involved in corruption then so is the club.

The fact is that football is corrupt from the top down and has been for years. You only have to look at FIFA, Blatter, platini and their cohorts. Football ceased to be a sport and became a business years ago and there is just too much money. The players have become bigger than the game. The authorities would not want to do anything to upset the players so they get away with being paid vaste and in most cases unmerited sums, cheat by "diving" to get free kicks, play acting pretending to be poleaxed when they have hardly been touched to try and get opponents booked/sent off, arguing with/intimidating referees etc. And generally being appalling role models. The authorities could have taken action to stamp this out but have shown no leadership or inclination to do so. Why upset the players when everyone is doing so nicely with so much money flowing into the game mainly from TV. Set against that background and leadership is it any wonder that corruption is going on with players, agents and managers?

The whole game needs a complete overhaul

I hope SUFC do not get implicated but as said the Hammond "option" looks decidedly dodgy.

UTB
The only thing dodgy about the Hammond deal is that Adkins thought that the only way to get him to sign was to offer a 12 month option to one of the most ineffective useless players we have had in modern times !

The only thing dodgy about the Hammond deal is that Adkins thought that the only way to get him to sign was to offer a 12 month option to one of the most ineffective useless players we have had in modern times !

Old pals act rather than anything else I'd say. There was a general feeling on here that he was Adkins eyes and ears in the dressing room but now let's have a bit of drama and get a conspiracy theory going, despite more obvious candidates.

He was a senior FA employee explaining how to get around his employers rules. It's that simple.

He's whined for years about getting his "dream job" - although God knows why his track record would even put him in the frame and let's be honest, the lack of decent English managers is the only reason he got it in the first place - and the first thing he did was start chasing cash on top of his £3 million salary.

Serves the arrogant boorish greedy twat right.

I'm not saying I feel bad for him. I'm just saying that firing the one guy who got caught in the act is something that will be used as a way to say "Look, we deal with corruption properly" when we all know this sort of thing goes on all the time, they must all know about it, and when this whole thing blows over nothing will have changed.

In the PL season or more recently? I believe he's alluded to it more than once.
recently before he did the board room re shuffle. Wasnt happy with what we spent on certain players and agents. No idea but maybe there was more to it.

I'm not saying I feel bad for him. I'm just saying that firing the one guy who got caught in the act is something that will be used as a way to say "Look, we deal with corruption properly" when we all know this sort of thing goes on all the time, they must all know about it, and when this whole thing blows over nothing will have changed.

Fat greedy twat (Allardyce not you BTW) but I can't help he's the fall guy for a bigger issue in Football. Money does funny things to people and football is rotten to the core.

Well they've started at the top and good for them. One guy caught in the act? If that were true so what? Still deserves sacking even if nothing else happens. He's no victim and if the trail does end with him he still got his just desserts. It shows the nature of the man when rather than slink off to his Villa he complains about entrapment and suggests he's not finished as a manager the day after his sacking. There's still the possibility of the Ravel Morrison issue raising its head again.

The authorities tried with Redknapp in what seemed an open and shut case to everyone apart from the fuckwits on the Jury. If the Telegraph can prove everything then expect the Government to step in and force the FA to act.

The problem for clubs is likely to be that they've discovered stuff like this and failed to report it as they should under the rules rather than anything else.

There will always be people ready to take money on the side but I think it's been prevalent over the past decade for one important reason. There are a whole raft of managers who are ex players who earned a pittance compared to what players are earning now and most of them ,in their opinion, aren't fit to lace their boots'. As a result they find other ways of extracting money.

Just watch the FA go and appoint Harry Redknapp !!!!

There will always be people ready to take money on the side but I think it's been prevalent over the past decade for one important reason. There are a whole raft of managers who are ex players who earned a pittance compared to what players are earning now and most of them ,in their opinion, aren't fit to lace their boots'. As a result they find other ways of extracting money.

Just watch the FA go and appoint Harry Redknapp !!!!

Bit like hiring Joseph Fritzel to be your babysitter!

Fat greedy twat (Allardyce not you BTW) but I can't help he's the fall guy for a bigger issue in Football. Money does funny things to people and football is rotten to the core.

He's no fall guy Crab. He's a greedy sod. No one forced him and if he's stupid enough to speak to a complete stranger in that way - with his agent and accountant with him - he's part of the reason football is rotten. Let's hope he's the first of many, big name or small.

He's no fall guy Crab. He's a greedy sod. No one forced him and if he's stupid enough to speak to a complete stranger in that way - with his agent and accountant with him - he's part of the reason football is rotten. Let's hope he's the first of many, big name or small.

Agree with all of that Shaun, his greed has lost him "the job he always wanted". All for £400k. A lot of money to you and me, but to someone who has been well paid for years, and was on a £3m a year contract? Hw won't give a fuck though, he'll rock up abroad somewhere and some mug will give him another fat contract.

I love this 'poor Fat Sam' shit. He's been in football years, has seen 'em come and go, and fucking well knows the ropes. The naivety of him not smelling a rat and allowing his bloated ambition to overtake his expected due diligence spells him out as wholly unsuitable for what is the top job in English football and rightly salaried for it. To that end, why does he need to roll the dice for £400k? Because he's a bent, greedy cunt. Didn't seem to me he was uneasy or questioning about what the nature of this deal was. Seemed to me he was actually exploiting his position to give advice on schonky practice and trouser large amounts of cash. Fuck him and the donkey he came in on.

Who will take his place? Can we be ensured of total integrity? Is this a marker for widespread abuses?

Fuck knows. Making shit like this acts of corporate fraud and misconduct whilst in some sort of public office might help so they can be hauled up and punished.

pommpey

Well they've started at the top and good for them. One guy caught in the act? If that were true so what? Still deserves sacking even if nothing else happens. He's no victim and if the trail does end with him he still got his just desserts. It shows the nature of the man when rather than slink off to his Villa he complains about entrapment and suggests he's not finished as a manager the day after his sacking. There's still the possibility of the Ravel Morrison issue raising its head again.

The authorities tried with Redknapp in what seemed an open and shut case to everyone apart from the fuckwits on the Jury. If the Telegraph can prove everything then expect the Government to step in and force the FA to act.

The problem for clubs is likely to be that they've discovered stuff like this and failed to report it as they should under the rules rather than anything else.

The Redknapp thing is a perfect example of how I expect this to play out on a larger scale. I hope I'm wrong and we see some real accountability but, as you imply, everybody has their beliefs about the Redknapp case, and still nothing actually came of it. Redknapp remained a manager, Mandaric can keep making all the offshore money transfers he likes, and football carries on as though nothing happened.

Without papers like the Telegraph highlighting what's going on, it would continue.

Exactly. When the FA had the chance to act when West Ham got caught they did nothing. The £5m fine probably encouraged others.

Good work by the Telegraph, in stark contrast to the output of Jabba the Journalist who supported the corrupt party throughout the West Ham thing, and since.

I love this 'poor Fat Sam' shit. He's been in football years, has seen 'em come and go, and fucking well knows the ropes. The naivety of him not smelling a rat and allowing his bloated ambition to overtake his expected due diligence spells him out as wholly unsuitable for what is the top job in English football and rightly salaried for it. To that end, why does he need to roll the dice for £400k? Because he's a bent, greedy cunt. Didn't seem to me he was uneasy or questioning about what the nature of this deal was. Seemed to me he was actually exploiting his position to give advice on schonky practice and trouser large amounts of cash. Fuck him and the donkey he came in on.

Who will take his place? Can we be ensured of total integrity? Is this a marker for widespread abuses?

Fuck knows. Making shit like this acts of corporate fraud and misconduct whilst in some sort of public office might help so they can be hauled up and punished.

pommpey

So, so right.......the truth is this should all be based on the quality of leadership at the very top and I mean those who appointed this feral chancer. Yes, Sam does represent the lack of integrity and commonsense that should be a given at this level, and should he act indignantly at the suggestion that he's greedy in ways that most people can't begin to get their heads around then he'll further his now tainted profile. Those who exist in their bubble of corporate aloofness will never grasp how they're viewed by football fans. To many they represent the scum of the earth so far as the 'them' and 'us' culture that exists throughout society at large. You don't believe me? All you have to do is look at a once great footballer like Platini and wonder why his head was turned? Of course the answer is easy to conclude, but Platini and all the other greedy cunts seem resistant to the notion of enough is enough. Think about it, £3 million a year and yet Sam's greed antennae are as alert as ever at the first sign of further ways to line his pockets. Surely the FA have rules that prohibit this sort of thing? Or are they as amenable to this type of distasteful behaviour as they appear to be?

Back
Top Bottom