just glad for Chris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Regarding the OPs point on the Bolton game, whilst we didn't deserve a win I do think we were a tad unlucky not to get a point. Bolton were nothing special.

First of all, I am not your mate - but we all Blades.

Second thing - It's a forum and there is an ignore button if needed.

Other than that - glad you are easily pleased with what's being dished up. I presume you read post #51? This is what we do.............................on a forum.

Here's a tip - go and seek out pommpey - you'll enjoy that confrontation much more than you will with me. You'll get roasted, but that's just another opinion.

UTB
Here's a tip- fight your own battles instead of calling other people into it. Haha is pommpey your old man? My dads harder than yours!

if it turns out to be a shit signing , yes I agree , but 4 games in is way way to early to pass judgement on lads that are still unpacking in their digs

I wonder if any one who posts on here has ever started a new job , and took a week or 2 to find their feet, or have they all been performing 100 per cent from minute one

if they claim they have , they are fucking liars
I could name around 40 players who are revered at the Lane , who didnt impress in their first few weeks

I'm sorry but given the fact that we're now 6 years in L1 signings aren't afforded time to bed in and improve, they have to hit the ground running.

That's not my expectation either, it's the board who decide that not winning promotion in your first full season is a sackable offence.

I'd love to see players given time to prove their worth and managers have to honour their contract but it doesn't happen anymore. Wilder may get 2 seasons given the mess we were in when he arrived but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm sorry but given the fact that we're now 6 years in L1 signings aren't afforded time to bed in and improve, they have to hit the ground running.

That's not my expectation either, it's the board who decide that not winning promotion in your first full season is a sackable offence.

I'd love to see players given time to prove their worth and managers have to honour their contract but it doesn't happen anymore. Wilder may get 2 seasons given the mess we were in when he arrived but I wouldn't bet on it.
the only signings tha hit the ground running just cost the prem clubs nearly a billion pound
we canr afford those sort of players

and even some of the prem signings will take time to bed in

and when did you decide our season was over ,
writing us off when we have won as many league games as werdnesday
their fans still think they can go up
dont they

Done hit the ground running.

It's a myth to suggest all players need time to bed in.

Done hit the ground running.

It's a myth to suggest all players need time to bed in.
didnt say all
but its harder for 4 or 5 to fit in at the sametime as they all need to find their place

Dane Whitehouse wasnt a first team regular in his first 3 years
we grew to quite like him , but was very hit and miss at first

remember some saying what have we signed that useless twat booker for
but he fought his way into becoming one of our legends

the only signings tha hit the ground running just cost the prem clubs nearly a billion pound
we canr afford those sort of players

and even some of the prem signings will take time to bed in

and when did you decide our season was over ,
writing us off when we have won as many league games as werdnesday
their fans still think they can go up
dont they

Where have I written the season off already?! Why bother mentioning how many games Wednesday have won like it has any bearing on where we will end up this season?

I'm also not saying that we can afford players who will hit the ground running, I'm merely pointing out to someone whose modus operandi is to stick his fingers in his ears and pretend everything is going just fine that actually the position this club has gotten itself into means that we have very little room for error.

Read the post again in future before you start with half-cocked replies.

Where have I written the season off already?! Why bother mentioning how many games Wednesday have won like it has any bearing on where we will end up this season?

I'm also not saying that we can afford players who will hit the ground running, I'm merely pointing out to someone whose modus operandi is to stick his fingers in his ears and pretend everything is going just fine that actually the position this club has gotten itself into means that we have very little room for error.

Read the post again in future before you start with half-cocked replies.
You keep telling me I offer different meanings to what I put.have some back

"actually the position this club has gotten itself into means that we have very little room for error. "

This ^ is the worrying thing. And it worsens every season .

ahha - yet ANOTHER clapper - well you can have your opinions as much as I can.

Just for your benefit then,

The signings this season have been poor.
The management decisions up to date in pre season have been poor.
The tactics employed by players from last season and this season have been debateable.

Have YOU actually listened to the comments of Chris Wilder before and after games? He is saying a lot of the same as the so called "slashers" on here.

Some of us have seen what happened last time we were relegated from this division - can you?

I have no doubt that numerous players are trying their hearts out - that fact that I and others think they are frankly NOT GOOD ENOUGH to get out of this division or make a reasonable challenge for the top 2 positions is risible. If YOU think it's good enough, then fine, that is YOUR opinion.

We are not doing anything like what CW said we would do pre-season. He has admitted (on camera) that he has made bad choices and now doubts that some of his squad are incapable of handing what is needed at SUFC - in effect saying, he has got it WRONG.

Now, I wish him and Alan Knill all the very best, I hope they get it right - BUT, any SUFC side that eventually gets out of this division will be vastly different to what played yesterday.

To end - me and my nipper were one of the few in the South Stand that sung GCB at the start of the 2nd half and was the worst effort I have ever heard from our stand - that is where this club was at half time.

We can all hope we get better - but please do not tell me my understanding of our present position is anything but rosy - the evidence is everywhere to see, hear and read. As for being negative, I agree - but it WILL continue, I can assure you of that UNTIL it shows the sort of improvement that is warranted from OUR football club - note the OUR.........it's not yours and it's not mine - we all invest in it in all sorts of ways, and I suspect I may have invested a lot longer than you.

Onwards and upwards.................hopefully.

UTB

Absolutely agree.
Unless we become another 'Coventry' we won't accept this shit any more. Once again, we played our part on Saturday. When will the management/board?

Back
Top Bottom