Kieron Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Basham is pound-for-pound one of the neshest lightweights in the squad, shrink him to Scougall size and he'd be slated for how easy to brush off the ball he is, he's incredibly weak for such a big man.

I'm not a big Freeman fan, but thought he was one of the better players in the first half, certainly compared to what was happening on the opposite side of the pitch he's not the immediate concern.

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I'm glad we kept him and got rid of Brayford. I said all summer I wouldn't have got rid and I think he's proving me right. As good a player if not better, younger and if you ask me he looked more committed yesterday than Brayford has since Clough left the club.

Top marks yesterday, was blowing out of his arse after 70 (fitness will come) but he's bulked up and looks a bit of a nasty bastardo with this new hairdo and beard combo. Can anyone honestly tell me John Brayford is better than the Freeman we saw yesterday? Cos I doubt it

Basham and Whiteman to cover, I see Whiteman was training with the defenders yesterday so thats interesting.

Well done KF, positions yours to lose.
I've never understood the abuse he has got on here.
We've had worse,and this lad likes to get forward.
I've no qualms this lad making rb his to keep.

Based on this thread "we" aren't advocating Basham at all, I am. It's based on the fact that he's a utility player who can cover full back, centre back or centre mid. I'm hoping we sign a proper centre midfield player and Basham played well last year at right back, certainly better than Brayford. He's better in the air than Freeman and probably physically stronger. Freeman can make a decent cover player for when Basham gets suspended. Next question.

What is the meaning of life?

He was a 6.5/7 out of 10 most weeks before Bray came back in,and then our main avenue of attack down the right dried up..Bray was great in that first stint,but lately he's not contributed as much...maybe it's injury that played a part,but Freeman is easily a good enough RB in League 1 for me,and another 7/10 performance yesterday,and still probably not yet 100% in terms of fitness...Made one mistake yesterday,letting his man get goal side on the wing and had to take a booking..other than that he was sound,and linked up well going forward..could have had a goal when Duffy I think picked his run out into the box first half.

Freeman's issue has always been one of positioning, concentration and marking. Many of the goals we've conceded whilst he played last season involved him not being tight, or losing, his man.

Going forward, he's very good.

I like freeman if I'm honest.

Don't think he did a deal wrong last year, then seeming go dropped for no reason - he certainly wasn't amongst our worst performers.

Hopefully this is a chance for him to resurrect his career here and put in some good performances. He certainly had some positive attributes, pace and skill going forward and can work on his defending.

I like freeman if I'm honest.

Don't think he did a deal wrong last year, then seeming go dropped for no reason - he certainly wasn't amongst our worst performers.

Hopefully this is a chance for him to resurrect his career here and put in some good performances. He certainly had some positive attributes, pace and skill going forward and can work on his defending.

I said a few weeks ago that Coutts, Freeman and K Wallace are better than what Wilder has brought in for the same positions - we haven't seen Wallace given a chance yet but it won't be long if Hussey continues to be more "pussy than Hussey".

I'll say it now...Wallace will become our first choice left back given a chance. He's very good going forward (like Freeman), he's not so hot defending though I admit, but neither is Hussey or Freeman so that shouldn't stop him.

I think a big problem for many players last year was they had 3 or 4 games then that genius Adkins would leave them out for a few ,like that another dick Hodgson did for England. players want to play especially when they have a run of form ,one bad game should not mean the end.

Basham is pound-for-pound one of the neshest lightweights in the squad, shrink him to Scougall size and he'd be slated for how easy to brush off the ball he is, he's incredibly weak for such a big man.

I'm not a big Freeman fan, but thought he was one of the better players in the first half, certainly compared to what was happening on the opposite side of the pitch he's not the immediate concern.
That's a bit like saying if Usain Bolt was 5'6" he'd never be the fastest man on earth.

I don't agree anyway, Basham's problem isn't that he's nesh, it's that he's not got a footballers brain so that makes centre mid a challenging position for him. Move him to right back, simplify the game for him and he'd be a decent player.

There's been threads started about most players yesterday.

Wouldn't the forum police say they belong in the post match comments?

Not too fussed

You're right to be fussed about whether threads should be here or there, the forum has rules as you know. ;)

On this occasion I think a thread about Freeman is fair enough as it isn't about the match but rather about the player.

I thought he did well and never wanted him on the released list. He is carrying a "roll" round his middle though isn't he?

The shirt is his to lose - but if he does lose it, Maidenhead will find it :D

That's a bit like saying if Usain Bolt was 5'6" he'd never be the fastest man on earth.

I don't agree anyway, Basham's problem isn't that he's nesh, it's that he's not got a footballers brain so that makes centre mid a challenging position for him. Move him to right back, simplify the game for him and he'd be a decent player.
It's nothing like the same thing, people have this idiotic idea that just because he's tall, Basham is somehow strong and tough in the tackle when he's barely any better than the minis like Scougall and Reed despite being twice their size.

As for moving him to right back, that's as ridiculous as all the people who said that Nick Montgomery should play right back just because he was a poor midfielder (though sadly ten times the player Chris Basham will ever be). He's poor at his chosen position, why weaken another position to accomodate him, fans are constantly complaining about managers playing people out of position, then suggest doing the exact same stupid thing. If we need somebody better than Freeman it should be a proper right back, not a so-so midfielder.

It's nothing like the same thing, people have this idiotic idea that just because he's tall, Basham is somehow strong and tough in the tackle when he's barely any better than the minis like Scougall and Reed despite being twice their size.

As for moving him to right back, that's as ridiculous as all the people who said that Nick Montgomery should play right back just because he was a poor midfielder (though sadly ten times the player Chris Basham will ever be). He's poor at his chosen position, why weaken another position to accomodate him, fans are constantly complaining about managers playing people out of position, then suggest doing the exact same stupid thing. If we need somebody better than Freeman it should be a proper right back, not a so-so midfielder.

I remember Dave Bassett always used to go on at Deano for not using his height enough in an aggressive way, but Deano could be forgiven for his other attributes.

Basham offers nothing in my opinion as a midfielder.

If I was been ultra generous I'd have him as maybe a back up centre half but given we got a couple already I'd get bash to sling his hook and get someone in who can score, create or tackle.

Whenever he filled in at CB he always did well, think defense is his best position

With his new hair-do, I thought Nick Montgomery had made a return at first. Now that was scary. :eek:

Really must get my eyes tested...

My best Shakespearean role is King Lear. That doesn't mean the RSC will be calling...

Advice for Basham's fans from the same text. Thou shouldst not have been old till thou hadst been wise.

Back
Top Bottom