New member..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Good afternoon fellow Blades, been reading the forum a couple o weeks and decided to sign up, not a good start to the season at all and personally think CW is feeling the pressure of managing this club already. Everyone knows we're in desperate need of a big hard centre back and same mould centre midfielder, will these come in before the window slams shut? Can only hope and pray!

Good afternoon fellow Blades, been reading the forum a couple o weeks and decided to sign up, not a good start to the season at all and personally think CW is feeling the pressure of managing this club already. Everyone knows we're in desperate need of a big hard centre back and same mould centre midfielder, will these come in before the window slams shut? Can only hope and pray!
Awesome, awesome, awesome profile pic!

200.gif

I echo everything you say mate.

Alan Kelly - best keeper we've ever had, period.

For a short time, I'd argue Mel Rees was even better.

Kelly, Rees and Trace did us proud in the 90s, Budgie in the 80s and Tom Mac and Hodgy before that.

The only half decent keeper we've had in recent years was Kenny although he had his faults. Apart from a brief spell from Howard (before his back injury), our keepers in this division have been average at best.

For a short time, I'd argue Mel Rees was even better.

Kelly, Rees and Trace did us proud in the 90s, Budgie in the 80s and Tom Mac and Hodgy before that.

The only half decent keeper we've had in recent years was Kenny although he had his faults. Apart from a brief spell from Howard (before his back injury), our keepers in this division have been average at best.

I'd agree with you about Rees although it's unfortunate we weren't able to see him play over a sustained period. I was never confident with Tracey. Kelly is the only one in living memory that when a cross came over, I was confident he'd catch it and not drop it.

I thought Budgie was terrible and too small. I liked Keith Waugh and remember that great game v Arsenal in the League Cup when he saved everything and also the number of penalties he saved that season. I think his confidence went though after we got promoted and was replaced by Tomlinson.

That photo from the Coventry math? Queue a massive pitch invasion and Kelly getting carried off! The Tracey, Ress Kelly spell was awesome and Phil Kite wasn't too bad either.

Welcome Ireland's number 1 , but guess I was fortunate to see 2 Blades play for Eire .
Cough bottle and Quinn . In the same match by the way .

Back
Top Bottom