Player Suggestion Ryan Colclough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Same as at every club making their first offer for a player. It's standard and good practice. Personally I'm impressed with the targets and wish Tufty well in gerrinemin. For others, the thought of humble pie overwhelms such sentiments, it seems?

Calm down, wind your neck in and let's see what the week brings.

That's not aimed at you Luke; All knee-jerkers and am-dram thespians included....

We will see.

Speaking of Lavery. We have been discussing him at work. He's been without a club all summer, however just because he's not signed his Pig contract doesn't mean he can't train with us. Does anyone know if he has been?

He is Wendy's player until he is 24 (in October) even though he has turned down a new contract. He cannot train with any club until Wendy release him (they will want a fee)

If we're only just putting our first bids in for Webster and Colclough I give us next to no chance of getting them in. They'd both cost at least 350k. After signing Moore, I don't think we even want to spend another 350k. I think Colclough would be a far more likely loan signing.

Tufty is intent on getting at least three in this week, as is perfectly clear from today's news.

It's only the opening skirmishes though. United haven't publicised these bids; that has come from the other side or through third parties.

First bids are never accepted and are always kept low. That's the dance football clubs do at this time. The Transfer Tango. It's always the same, Take a breath. Wait. See.

Always happy to be proven wrong mate so fingers crossed we get a few in. But I am getting the by now familiar old feeling that we will leave it too late. All this is hugely compounded by how poorly we have started of course.

I remember Colclough scoring from the edge of the box against us for Crewe and he was rumoured to be the finest talent to come out of the club in a long while with a number of top flight teams chasing him. The goal was a thunderbolt but I seem to remember we could have done better.

Surprised to see him bench warming at Wigan because he had a good game that day.

Always happy to be proven wrong mate so fingers crossed we get a few in. But I am getting the by now familiar old feeling that we will leave it too late. All this is hugely compounded by how poorly we have started of course.

I shall be in the car park with you (metaphorically of course) on 1 September, if nothing happens. I just have a feeling (call it the Tufty factor, if you like) that it will be different this time. I know there is every reason to be cynical but there's still over a week to go and we're setting a lot of things in motion, not hanging on for Jim White Day....

What a farce. We're trying to sign two players we should have been all over last season and a player who we could have got for much less, had we done it 3 weeks ago. Does anybody at the club know what they're doing?

I shall be in the car park with you (metaphorically of course) on 1 September, if nothing happens. I just have a feeling (call it the Tufty factor, if you like) that it will be different this time. I know there is every reason to be cynical but there's still over a week to go and we're setting a lot of things in motion, not hanging on for Jim White Day....

I hope you're right Pinchy cause these appear to be around our fifth choices and we've failed on all the others...time's a ticking....

I hope you're right Pinchy cause these appear to be around our fifth choices and we've failed on all the others...time's a ticking....

Apparently we have offers in for no less than four centre backs (all of whose availability contingent on other deals) and three strikers. It seems that Wigan bloke is back on, if it ever was on before, and the Liverpool lad? Then we have Lavery. We're not going to bring the lot in of course (we fucking ought to, I hear many of you say...) but it's a lot of irons in the fire and does indicate a Plan B and C, which people have bemoaned in previous years.

What a farce. We're trying to sign two players we should have been all over last season and a player who we could have got for much less, had we done it 3 weeks ago. Does anybody at the club know what they're doing?
No. No-one has a clue.

Well, trying to bring in players who you like, if I read you correctly?

Well, trying to bring in players who you like, if I read you correctly?
You do - I'd like all three. You seem to have missed my main point, though, and that is that we've left ourselves in a position where all three are very improbable.

Colclough would be a very good signing. Another player along with Morsy that we should have signed for a couple hundred grand, but we wasted funds on Hammond, Sammon etc.

Imagine if we got morsy Colclough and webster!

Apparently we have offers in for no less than four centre backs (all of whose availability contingent on other deals) and three strikers. It seems that Wigan bloke is back on, if it ever was on before, and the Liverpool lad? Then we have Lavery. We're not going to bring the lot in of course (we fucking ought to, I hear many of you say...) but it's a lot of irons in the fire and does indicate a Plan B and C, which people have bemoaned in previous years.

I dread to think what that is costing us in Fax machine paper!!

Nobody could ever accuse our Board of having a clue what they're doing where football matters are concerned .......

UTB & FTP

I dread to think what that is costing us in Fax machine paper!!

It now operates on re-cycled toilet tissue.... Fax-Changing Investment.

I should be ashamed of myself for getting involved in tired old fax jokes. And I am. Forgive me, Pele.

Hopefully just 3 of many bids we have in, because as we know it's a long drawn out process at the lane.

Won't say if they will come or if they are the answer because I just don't know as I haven't seen anything of them really. But they must improve the squad.

Can't help worry that it's all a bit of a ruse so they can say they tried. Not often we hear about failed bids so on this occasion I'm a bit sceptical that due to current circumstances the details may have come out of our club for the usual reasons.

Hopefully just 3 of many bids we have in, because as we know it's a long drawn out process at the lane.

Won't say if they will come or if they are the answer because I just don't know as I haven't seen anything of them really. But they must improve the squad.

Can't help worry that it's all a bit of a ruse so they can say they tried. Not often we hear about failed bids so on this occasion I'm a bit sceptical that due to current circumstances the details may have come out of our club for the usual reasons.

I don't buy this theory mate. It's easily said and often suggested but makes no sense. What have the club possibly to gain by making and publicising offers that are so obviously doomed to fail?

It's so transparent and nobody is taken in by it, as your post and many others amply demonstrate. Not only that it takes time and trouble and involves multiple other clubs as stooges. You'd think they may have blown the whistle by now, all the years [people say] we've been working this sham?

Surely better to do and say nothing. At least the most you can be accused of is inertia, rather than lies, deceit and fabrication.

No, this one's in there with Roswell, Diana and JFK....

I just doubt firstly that Millwall will want to lose their first choice CB....especially yo us.

The other two....Morsy...clearly quite popular with the fans judging by this board. So to score points they could claim to have bid.
Colclough....not play d a lot, and fits the criterion. I think this might be a genuine goer as might be a little surplus in the champ.

I dunno....years and years of this crap means it comes as expected. And KM has skin like a rhino, while the club still seems to think they can get us to believe their shit.
I remain hopeful this year will be different.

Same as at every club making their first offer for a player. It's standard and good practice. Personally I'm impressed with the targets and wish Tufty well in gerrinemin. For others, the thought of humble pie overwhelms such sentiments, it seems?

Calm down, wind your neck in and let's see what the week brings.

That's not aimed at you Luke; All knee-jerkers and am-dram thespians included....
I do hope you're right and they are without doubt the right caliber of target to improve us. We just needed them 4 weeks ago and every passing game we play without them is risking more and more points dropped. This is the only reason a lot of fans get impatient.

How come we are bidding on players who have either recently signed a new contract or moved club? All decent players mind who would improve our current set of shite.
Because these are not real bids ! They've been put out to quell the angry mob. Fucking joke Club thinks it can con us with rubbish from their paid poodle journalist.

Ah, reality, life after the bottom of L1. Who says were only 4games in and no need to panic, well....
AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH

IM STILL PANICING

I'm a clapper mate, don't mind admitting that, but I don't think there is any Blade out there who can't say they aren't worried about where we are right now and how the season will pan out. However I do believe we'll be just fine as the season progresses, because we'll bed down and I expect two or three before the window closes too. Just one or two quality additions and we'll be fine. Note I'm not getting into a debate on whether the first 8 Wilder signings are decent or not mate!

Millwall state categorically no bid for Webster - does anyone wish to continue believing James Brown-Nose of the Star ?

It came from the London end mate, as reported by Radio Sheffield too. My guess is that it was more of an enquiry than a bid and Millwall are being clever about it.

Back
Top Bottom