why boo our new signing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, not here or anywhere else, though it's not very much. He's was part of the shittest team we've put out in 130 years, and quite a few of the players have sufferered a bit from it, counter productive though it clearly is.

But you are suggesting / questioning that some of the people expressing opinions on him here are the ones booing him, with no evidence whatsoever.

UTB

And, for some reason lost on me, connecting the issue with Leon Clarke....

I managed to get to the Lane tonight and I thought we looked better in a number of areas. We pressed a lot better and higher. We also looked to get the ball forward with greater urgency. More combative. Wonderful to be able to see Red and White striped shirts from the Kop instead of last seasons monstrosity of a kit.

I liked the look of Duffy - seems a good addition - nice and busy. Fleck slightly less so but showed enough good touches and grit to suggest he will do well. O'Connell and Hussey not too bad and pacier than we have been at the back for a couple of seasons - although I think, had their RB any pace at all Hussey may have had some defensive problems, especially early on in the first half. Clarke wasn't on for overlong but showed he can be a nuisance for opposition defences (I didn't hear any booing and he seemed to be encouraged by the crowd when he got stuck in).

I thought Brayford was slow to start and seems to have lost some strength. Long's distribution was its usual inconsistent and wasteful self - there is something about him that doesn't inspire confidence. Sparky looked better than I have seen him for a good while - won a couple in the air, tackled back, got into the channels and generally looked hungry. Couple of decent interchanges with Sharp. Done on the left doesn't work for me - waste of a player and position. I thought Sharp was a bit anonymous to be honest. Adams first touch was sloppy and wasteful again when he came on - a long way off the finished article, though he wasn't on for long to be fair.

Central Midfield is a worry - Reed, Coutts, Scougall are not good enough -certainly for the starting 11. Basham is technically limited and creatively pretty much extinct.

For me - still needed - CM, CB, GK.- with priority for CM and GK.

I'm still on my way home.

I thought we gave a good account of ourselves tonight against a pretty much full.strength Derby side and talking to a Derby fan on the train he thought we were harddone by and were the better side but of course that doesn't fit the agendas of some posters on here

PPS. My one caveat is that we didn't really cause their keeper any discomfort but on the other hand George long only made one real save all night and that was pretty late on

Ask Pinchy, he heard them, however could be the people in his head

I didn't. I wasn't there. I made that clear in the Shoutbox earlier. However, many heard it loud enough to report it on here. Far too many for comfort. I'm ashamed to even think it happened. Aren't you?

People who were they say there was some booing and "We hate Wednesday" when he came on. He isn't a Wednesday fan, of course, just a professional who did his job in return for a wage. All very juvenile at the very least isn't it, and pretty nasty at its highest? Do you condemn that sort of stuff or is it OK?

For the avoidance of doubt I condemn booing and abusing George Long, very poor though I believe he is.
I never heard anything as described.

I will happily admit that I am the first to get on my high horse when our supporters boo our own players and I didn't hear anything tonight, despite half expecting some and listening intently for it.

Next thing I notice a few tweats after Clarke came on and all of a sudden it becomes dozens of outraged tweeters telling people to stay away in future.

Hmmmm

I didn't. I wasn't there. I made that clear in the Shoutbox earlier. However, many heard it loud enough to report it on here. Far too many for comfort. I'm ashamed to even think it happened. Aren't you?

Am I ashamed to think it happened? I was ashamed wher I slept with another woman in a dream the other night if that helps with how you think of me.

In a relatively small crowd a few boos can appear more significant than they really are. We were sat mid Kop and noticed nothing, apart from a fine sunset over the BL stand. Unusual cloud formation.

Clarke was probably having a chuckle pregame with the lads chatting whether or not he would get booed.
Someone in that room probably made some money on the bet.

polite applause on the john street . 20 young lads singing we hate Wednesday on the kop no booing ,op must be a pig . and singing we hate Wednesday is allways music to the ears .
Leon looked sharp when he came on ,great addition to our squad well done tufty

Back
Top Bottom