Incoming? Sam Morsy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

5/8 to 5/10 is a good height for a midfield player.

Small enough to nip about, big enough to get stuck in.

Not like Scouggs and Reed...5/6 apiece or whatever they are.

Yes, he's a good, nifty player. He's also 5ft 8. Not saying he won't be a very good player for us, but two small players in the middle of midfield in a division as physical as this is a worry. And just to add, he's a very good age.

He's the player to replace a 'Doyle-type-player' whom you thought Fleck was btw...you know, a midfield enforcer who'll dictate the game...5'9" apparently... ;)
Doyle was 5' 10" incidentally....

Ideally I'd like to see us sign a big nasty f***er in midfield but if Morsy is a cm who gets stuck in (his wiki page says he's 'an enforcer, who breaks up play') then I'd take that rather than not signing anyone (or Basham, or previous attempts in that area ie Hammond, or Doyle).

One big dominant centre half as well and we might start getting somewhere.

Can't see any references to loans, buts it late and I haven't hit my contacts in. Basically, I could have been reading anything.

Edit: Ah there it is, reading things through a 14th time sometimes helps.
He did, sounds a bit half arsed though.

"Wilder, who later refused to dismiss claims he is monitoring Morsy ahead of a possible loan move"

Having watched us play Derby last night the midfielders Scoogs, Fleck and Reed look like diddy men. Fleck has the structure of Sharpe, stocky and low CoG but Scoogs and Reed did look lightweights amongst out growing side and their players.

I think there might be some validity in the big vs little argument.....but.....what does count every time is whether a team has sufficient quality in it's ranks. The number of times McNulty picked up loose balls to regain possession (his work rate was of a high standard on the night), the number of successful tackles that Fleck made, and Duffy's first half contribution, all suggested that we have upped our quality quotient. Where we looked a bit predictable was by more or less sending the same type of pass from the back to be gobbled up by their defenders. Apart from a dubious penalty I don't think either side showed the type of attacking threat that suggests their respective divisions ought to be too concerned.......the one thing I'd add in the Blades defence is that we were watching a new team come to terms with each other. I thought the two central defenders were uncomplicated and did what was necessary. Long had an ok game and maybe an improved defence in front of him will help his game. Hussey showed glimpses of the left foot quality we've heard about, and so on.......I couldn't judge Clarke given lack of time he played, but there were glimpses so that bodes well.

As far as jigsaws go, the next few weeks will tell us if the season ahead delivers what we all hope for.

I think there might be some validity in the big vs little argument.....but.....what does count every time is whether a team has sufficient quality in it's ranks. The number of times McNulty picked up loose balls to regain possession (his work rate was of a high standard on the night), the number of successful tackles that Fleck made, and Duffy's first half contribution, all suggested that we have upped our quality quotient. Where we looked a bit predictable was by more or less sending the same type of pass from the back to be gobbled up by their defenders. Apart from a dubious penalty I don't think either side showed the type of attacking threat that suggests their respective divisions ought to be too concerned.......the one thing I'd add in the Blades defence is that we were watching a new team come to terms with each other. I thought the two central defenders were uncomplicated and did what was necessary. Long had an ok game and maybe an improved defence in front of him will help his game. Hussey showed glimpses of the left foot quality we've heard about, and so on.......I couldn't judge Clarke given lack of time he played, but there were glimpses so that bodes well.

As far as jigsaws go, the next few weeks will tell us if the season ahead delivers what we all hope for.

..defenders who can tackle and move also...

I just hope we don't get fixed on just signing Morsy and have other targets like Adkins did with Burn last year

Having watched us play Derby last night the midfielders Scoogs, Fleck and Reed look like diddy men. Fleck has the structure of Sharpe, stocky and low CoG but Scoogs and Reed did look lightweights amongst out growing side and their players.

When we will people on here just leave it, Chris O Grady is no longer on the hit list and frankly not needed anymore. Give it up Blade56 :p

If Che is going we could do lot worse than a fee plus Morsy deal with Wigan

It`s been suggested that Morsy has personally stated he will not be moving to us. Pretty reliable poster,SJH.
He would IMO be exactly what we need in CM.

It`s been suggested that Morsy has personally stated he will not be moving to us. Pretty reliable poster,SJH.
He would IMO be exactly what we need in CM.

What the bloody pissing hell are you doing here?!

I've just spent the last year convincing this lot that blades madders aren't all argumentative raging lunatics and then you rock up!

You'd better not have brought Geetarman with you.

:eek:

What the bloody pissing hell are you doing here?!

I've just spent the last year convincing this lot that blades madders aren't all argumentative raging lunatics and then you rock up!

You'd better not have brought Geetarman with you.

:eek:

He could've at least changed his name and gone incognito like...erm...other posters

If Che is going we could do lot worse than a fee plus Morsy deal with Wigan
Che seems to have lost the plot a bit to me ,last nights ridiculous dive pointed to him looking to dive rather than play football. He never did this until he went away with England and seemed to pick it up here ,either from coaches or other players. Unfortunately 'leaving your leg ' has a part in the game now ,Johnson got one on the edge of our box last night ,but Che isn't very good at it so needs to concentrate on football ,last nights was embarrassing (he realised himself judging by his reaction) and almost lead to a Derby goal from possession in their half. I think he needs a move or really has to get his head down and concentrate on football more.
McNulty seems to be the opposite and has come back looking a better player ,pick of the forwards so far for me.

If we have to sell Che Adams, which seems to be the case, I'd take Jason Pearce and Sam Morsy from Wigan, along with £1.5m cash. That would go some way to easing the pain of Che's loss and we'd hopefully have some money to reinforce at Goalkeeper and out wide. I like our options up top but I don't know where the creativity is going to come from at the moment.

Having read this board for quite some time it certainly contains more than enough arguementative raging lunatics.
Pleased to see you`ve already achieved omnipotence on here.

Back
Top Bottom