Have i missed our new chief scout announcement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When Football Manager 17 is announced, then so will the appointment of the new Chief Scout.

They don't want anyone to know who it is so he can covertly watch the players, either that or "because it's Sheff Utd he wants too much money" seems to be the excuse line this year.

Yeah it makes me laugh too. Football manager employ 10,000 scouts. We employ 0
They also employ some fantastic people in marketing too, but no one has actually criticised FM.
I made a joke about the club relying on FM instead of a scout. That's all.

"We were unable to get the chief scout over the line until the day after the transfer window closed. Therefore, we couldn't sign any players. We will rely on the loan market and we'll definitely be doing business in the JTW."

So the pigs put in an 11.5 mill bid and we can't get a scout over the line.
Come on you owners get this club moving in the right direction for a change.

Paul Mitchell is unemployed. Why do we have to wait to name him?

Could we not speak to Chesterfield and offer to take on his wages if they release him early?

I don't know what the compo is but it also doesn't mean he hasn't been working. Can I ask if you think we aren't signing players because we don't have a scout?

What do we need a scout for ?

They can just close their eyes and use a pin like we've always done, from a list of players that don't want to come here of course.......

I don't know what the compo is but it also doesn't mean he hasn't been working. Can I ask if you think we aren't signing players because we don't have a scout?

I'm slightly confused by the whole thing to be honest. He left Chesterfield in April so why would he be on garden leave? He'll have to work a notice period, I'd guess, but he left in April and it would be two months max.

If he is signing, whether he's contractually allowed to are not, no doubt we'll already have a list of players from him. It's the most important period of the season, if we're delaying the signing to avoid paying a bit of compensation it would be shooting yourself in the foot.

I'm slightly confused by the whole thing to be honest. He left Chesterfield in April so why would he be on garden leave? He'll have to work a notice period, I'd guess, but he left in April and it would be two months max.

If he is signing, whether he's contractually allowed to are not, no doubt we'll already have a list of players from him. It's the most important period of the season, if we're delaying the signing to avoid paying a bit of compensation it would be shooting yourself in the foot.

He might have a clause in his contract that states if he leaves he can not work for a competitor

Wilder has said we've got one. I don't believe he'd lie and it makes no difference to anything whether I know the bloke's name or not.

Just a quick note; is this scout on board and is he (at least partially) behind any of the new signings? If not, I assume he is coming in to find some gems for January, for the promotion push (and beyond) ?

Ahh, I remember the Sunday morning knife attack on Mitch at Ecclesfield whilst he managed Royal Earl !!!
Those were the days.

He has done well for himself. Top bloke and really knows his stuff...

Back
Top Bottom