David Weir Mk. II

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Vardy does have lots of pace and can shoot from anywhere, pig or no. All defenders hate that. I'd have had him on from the start.

What is up with these managers always wanting to hold on? The team that scores the most goals wins the game, and always has.

Vardy does have lots of pace and can shoot from anywhere, pig or no. All defenders hate that. I'd have had him on from the start.

What is up with these managers always wanting to hold on? The team that scores the most goals wins the game, and always has.
Other side of the coin, the team that concedes the most loses the game.

Which angle you decide to focus on is up to the manager and many different aspects of the game at the time.

You, of course, also get idiots taking it to the extreme a la Clough.

Other side of the coin, the team that concedes the most loses the game.

Which angle you decide to focus on is up to the manager and many different aspects of the game at the time.

You, of course, also get idiots taking it to the extreme a la Clough.

Since our mutually supported teams don't score enough and definitely win fuck all, I'd like to see the outscoring the opposition option given a shot for a change. We couldn't do any worse.

Well it comes from the same guy that thought England were "poor" the other night.

Let's just say his judgement's a bit skew-whiff.

It was poor. We should have beaten them end of.

The finishing as usual from the English team was shit. Any bugger can run about, we've had countless United teams that looked great getting to the 18 yard line but then couldn't score any goals !

It was poor. We should have beaten them end of.

The finishing as usual from the English team was shit. Any bugger can run about, we've had countless United teams that looked great getting to the 18 yard line but then couldn't score any goals !
Oh give over it was so obvious it wasn't poor.

Chris Wilder will be sacked before Halloween.

Mark my words.

Unbelievable....

With people like this about I needn't get self concious about what I post...

Personally I think you're going to be made to look a cunt, is it possible though from where you are now ?

Unbelievable....

With people like this about I needn't get self concious about what I post...

Personally I think you're going to be made to look a cunt, is it possible though from where you are now ?

Okay, sorry. I was maybe being a bit a harsh.

I'll extend it to bonfire night.

I think if we fail to address the glaring defincincies that have been there for all to see in the last few years, including opposition teams who see us as a soft touch then we'll be in a relegation battle.

We need good players to get promoted and we barely have a handful.

It costs money to sign players and Mcabe and wilder have as good as said there ain't none until we shift the 7 shithouses off the wage bill.

I like to think Weir was special and unique...

I was fine with the appointment initially. Yes it was a bit left field, but here was a player who had played at a high level and had been steeped in the modern ways of coaching. Just one tiny flaw in the plan, he was fucking useless, it couldn't have gone any worse if we'd just appointed the first person to walk past the ground that day. We're talking Martin Peters territory.

Chris Wilder will be sacked before Halloween.

Mark my words.
I'm guessing that "Halloween" is the name of the person in charge of the catering in the family stand - no soft drinks for kids, run out of food, queue before half time and still not served before second half - early kick off's are even worse, everyone wants food and they can never cope. the catering staff serving people are doing their best but the whole organisation of it is disastrous.

Why are we even drawing comparisons to Weir from Wilder. Poles apart. Weir had never managed and was a calculated risk. Wilder is going to prove to the the best appointment we've had since Warnock. Stop worrying about lack of signings etc and just enjoy the ride! Mark my words, this going to be good under Wilder!

We could certainly do with a few favours from the fixture computer next week. A few winnable games to get us firmly entrenched in the top half by the end of September would be a relief.

With no loan window this time around anyone who gets off to a bad start is going to find it hard to turn it around .

how do pig fans get in here

never heard such anti blades bollocks in my life before

some fans have lost all their gumption
David weir never won a league game as a manager before coming here
bit of a difference

If that's true of David Weir as an outsider. Can i ask the obvious. Why did you hire him?

If that's true of David Weir as an outsider. Can i ask the obvious. Why did you hire him?

If you have been following, you will have noticed we have tried them all, ex pigs, cud who have won fuck all and ones with multiple promotions. Unfortunately we don't have fans who can make it through fucking June without losing their shit!

If you have been following, you will have noticed we have tried them all, ex pigs, cud who have won fuck all and ones with multiple promotions. Unfortunately we don't have fans who can make it through fucking June without losing their shit!

That bad eh? I never understood why you or Derby didn't follow our leads, Strengthen for the Championship thus making sure the parachute doesn't dry up by getting a return within 2 years. Then once in a decent financial state try and stabilize. I suppose both boards saw the huge pot of money to repay debt rather than twigging that with small investments it could be a cash point that keeps giving

The actual answer is, he was a highly thought of coach, especially working with youngsters, so we took a gamble.

But no-one foresaw that he'd have no clue whatsoever about managing in the real world.

That bad eh? I never understood why you or Derby didn't follow our leads, Strengthen for the Championship thus making sure the parachute doesn't dry up by getting a return within 2 years. Then once in a decent financial state try and stabilize. I suppose both boards saw the huge pot of money to repay debt rather than twigging that with small investments it could be a cash point that keeps giving

We have two owners that would rather spunk £5m extra each in this division every season than spend £7m and ensuring promotion. However with the money that have put in, managers have spunked it on overpaid injury prone twats in the main, with Hammond being king. Higdon has gone from Dutch top scorer to being released in non league in 2 years.

That being said I don't like to be too critical because I am not a left winger, it's not my money.

We could certainly do with a few favours from the fixture computer next week. A few winnable games to get us firmly entrenched in the top half by the end of September would be a relief.

With no loan window this time around anyone who gets off to a bad start is going to find it hard to turn it around .

Our "technical board" have probably forgotten the loan window has been abolished.

Just go and watch the videos on SheffieldUTube.

You can already see how Wilder's face and general demeanour has dropped. He realises what he has walked into.

It's fucked, people. IT'S FUCKED.

Apologies from me but I thought this thread was about Woy Hodgson with all the passing sideways and getting nowhere against Iceland.

Just go and watch the videos on SheffieldUTube.

You can already see how Wilder's face and general demeanour has dropped. He realises what he has walked into.

It's fucked, people. IT'S FUCKED.

Demeanour yes. Fucked no.

However, it is like he was on the dating scene after a marriage break up. He remembered the fit girl from school who everyone fancied, who stole his heart, but who he couldn't ever get off with. They drifted their own ways but he never lost that first lust.

Suddenly, he finds her on some love club, remembers that early desire and makes contact over internet. She promises much, he remembers much and these mask the reality.

Before he knows it they are an item and then he realises the world has moved on, things have changed, the teenage connections aren't the same. She's blootered out a bit, her awful controlling mother is still there in the background, she's not as mobile, keen and agile as she once was. He realises she has been around the block a bit, been taken advantage of by some and been hanging around with the wrong crowd. There has even been some bother with the law...

All of a sudden during the honeymoon period he thinks what has he done and realises the work involved to make this relationship work, especially with the mother in law and her new exotic foreign fella watching every move. He looks downbeat, maybe turns to the ale a little too much and needs to remember he can actually make it work.

So Chris over to you. Gonna make it work? For my money there ain't anyone better on what we offer.. Good luck mate!

Chris Wilder was brought in for one reason and one reason only:

He worked a miracle at Northampton with no money.

Forget all this ; he knows the club, he's a blade, he's a upcoming manager that's all media crap.

And I don't expect him to speak out against the owners as he did at Northampton because he knew fully his remit when he took the job.

Nothing changes everything stays the same.

Chris Wilder was brought in for one reason and one reason only:

He worked a miracle at Northampton with no money.

Forget all this ; he knows the club, he's a blade, he's a upcoming manager that's all media crap.

And I don't expect him to speak out against the owners as he did at Northampton because he knew fully his remit when he took the job.

Nothing changes everything stays the same.

I expect Wilder will fail to win promotion, primarily because of the board. We will not pay the wages or fees for enough good players this summer and that will be that.

I would be surprised if Wilder is as bad as Weir, though. He has managed before and, as said upthread, someone coming in off the street could have done a better job than Weir.

If we make the play offs it will be a substantial over achievement, and I never thought I'd say that about Sheffield United in the third tier, but developments recently have not been encouraging, few new players, none of the transfer listed players gone, desperately scrambling to sign a defender we never rated the first time around, hoping the kids from the Academy can step up and to top it all now THREE Mcabes on the board.

I am still confident (reasonably) that we will be nowhere near relegation but would a mid table finish satisfy? I suspect if / when we are around 10th - 15th come December people will be calling for the managers head.

If we make the play offs it will be a substantial over achievement, and I never thought I'd say that about Sheffield United in the third tier, but developments recently have not been encouraging, few new players, none of the transfer listed players gone, desperately scrambling to sign a defender we never rated the first time around, hoping the kids from the Academy can step up and to top it all now THREE Mcabes on the board.

I am still confident (reasonably) that we will be nowhere near relegation but would a mid table finish satisfy? I suspect if / when we are around 10th - 15th come December people will be calling for the managers head.
All 3 McCabes have always been on the board, chill the fuck out

Back
Top Bottom