Millwall/Neil Harris

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FriethBlade

Reaction score
Interesting article in the Evening Standard where Harris talks about how his number one aim when he was appointed manager was to re establish the connection between the crowd and players.

To brng in the likes of Lee Category who will run through brick walls and put in the effort and passion that the supporters XEmacs and will back to the hilt.

They made a shaky start but then gelled, the ground became a fortress again and they are now in the play off final.

This is surely Wilders remit and there is no reason why we can't see a similar result

There's something along similar lines on the BBC Sport site today too -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36388878

Admirable job he's doing there, really getting the priorities right. And it all seemed to start with a big clear out in the first place...

Cracking atmosphere they had for their play-off game against Bradford btw. The plan seems to be working, both on and off the pitch.

I fancy Milwall to beat the Dingles, backed by their 35,000 fans. Barnsley seem over confident to me, a bit like the pigs!

I never watched much How I Met Your Mother, but he was the best character in what I saw.

Ultimately though Millwall still have quality players for this level. We'll need the same.

I'd rather Millwall went up, they're better than Dingles and they'll be losing a lot of players after loans and contracts expiring etc.

Wigan and Millwall going up with 2 clubs who are quite frankly fucked coming down makes next season easier. But we've said that a lot, since we've been down here...

Hoping for the Barnsley meltdown double this week end.

Both Central & South Barnsley put in their places by superior opposition.

"FAMILY" by Michael Colvin is a fly on the wall job charting the events of a season behind the scenes at Millwall. It gets a bit fanboy by the end (but don't most books of the genre) but Neil Harris comes across very well indeed.

Yep, I fancy Millwall to be a bigger challenge to us than the Dingles if they stay down. Come on you knuckle-draggers.

I work down that way, well t'other side, near Limehouse.
there only seems to be one street left from how i remember it 25 years ago.. there is a small street with the Gun pub on it. the rest is huge apartment complexes. they are all a million quid each. they must be struggling to sell them as i kept getting accosted by sales people as i walked along the main road.

there only seems to be one street left from how i remember it 25 years ago.. there is a small street with the Gun pub on it. the rest is huge apartment complexes. they are all a million quid each. they must be struggling to sell them as i kept getting accosted by sales people as i walked along the main road.

The Gun is right down on the Thames at the entrance to the old South dock opposite bank to the O2. It's all mostly exclusive property down there now.

Hope they beat the dingles, squealing pigs and depressed dingles would make for a cracking weekend double.

I went to the Swindon V Millwall 2010 League 1 final play-off at Wembley. Over 40,000 Millwall fans in attendance, glad they won because it was very tense outside the ground after the game. Could get nasty if Millwall lose.

When they out fought, out niggled and out thought us at Bramall Lane this season. Harris said something along the llines of "that's what you expect from a Millwall team ".
Made me think at the time that understanding what a club is about is essential to making it successful and for all his faults Warnock was the last Blades manger who had had a clue.
I, and I expect most of football, expects us to be the fittest team in the league, in the opposition's faces, playing direct attacking football whenever we get the chance and making up for a lack of finesse with plenty of goals from set pieces.
I've missed all of that, I'm confident that Chris Wilder knows what we expect and like Neil Harris he can deliver.

I really want the passion and fire back in both the team and fans, make it a cauldron at Bramall Lane, but I do not want us to,play like Millwall did yesterday they were shite .....

Remember at Lane this season when they all chanted "wankers" as the John street held up pink banners in support of breast cancer awareness.

They're a disgraceful team. They should be forced to play behind closed doors or better yet just thrown out of the league.

Interesting article in the Evening Standard where Harris talks about how his number one aim when he was appointed manager was to re establish the connection between the crowd and players.
To brng in the likes of Lee Category who will run through brick walls and put in the effort and passion that the supporters XEmacs and will back to the hilt.

They made a shaky start but then gelled, the ground became a fortress again and they are now in the play off final.

This is surely Wilders remit and there is no reason why we can't see a similar result
Just seen this. Apparently Lee Gregory hates it down there. Maybe some on here know more than me but he hates the fans getting on at him because he is from the North. Seems like Mr Harris is not getting the connections he wants.

Back
Top Bottom