Radio Massive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I imagine he was just unbelievably upset and bitter and couldn't keep hold of his emotions. Shouldn't be in the job if he can't keep impartial though I'm afraid

Aside from Radio Pig - ever seen so many fat obese fans, when the cameras scanned the pig-pen all you could see were massive (sorry) beer guts and red bloated faces. "Who eat all the pies Sherlock?"

Fat boy Tango's dad must have spread his seed far and wide, they all looked related - wonder the top tier didn't collapse at bouncy-bouncy time...

Always find this sort of thread a bit odd. Radio Sheffield has always been and will always be biased towards whoever is the more successful of the local sides at any given time. I know fans of the other lot that used to get riled by what they perceived as overly-biased coverage of us during our promotion challenges and year in the Premier League under Warnock – Walker & Bennett in particular were thought of the same as we consider Staton. Naturally we are now getting less attention because frankly there's bugger all of late that's exactly warranted it. We're more atune to noticing the other lot's coverage at the minute because it highlights how poor we've been lately. We wouldn't have noticed the lack of coverage for them when we were doing well, because frankly why would we care?

I didn't listen to their commentary of our Wembley trip two years ago, but it wouldn't have surprised me if something similar was said about us by whoever was on – highlighting the support brought by a League 1 club, how there's clear potential for the Prince etc etc. This will swing back round as it always does.

You'd expect Radio Sheffield to favour the Sheffield club as opposed to the non-Sheffield club in its coverage. No complaints there. However, Stanton should be pulled up if he basically said that the pigs are biggest club in the region. That's not a fact, and is unacceptable snorter bias.

Is that the biggest club for support or achievement last season. Support then out of order , as we have and would equal the pigs on support , and flatter to deceive syndrome .

RS is shite fronted by second rate journalists / presenters . Just remember if they were any good , they would be working elsewhere , not in the backwaters of the BBC.

We should have gone past the point of listening anyway . It says something when Keith Edwards , Brian the Blade , and Adkins buzzword bingo becomes the highlights for us .

Don't worry , I am sure Wilder will drop a sarcastic comment on this matter , when next interviewed by the RS reprobate or refuses to give a interview . Bloke is not daft and very protective to issues that matter our manager .

UTB

Who* said this...

"The point is we didn't win the match - but we won the club, we now have our club back and I know we're going to come back stronger next season."

"We won the club?"

WTF does that mean.

*PS. Martyn Ware / Pig17

What happened to the #OurTime hashtag?

All week, they've hidden their Wednesday bias by including Barnsley on this hashtag - as if most BFC fans want associating with the Massive - and used it to promote their coverage.

Well, Staton et al, there is still 50% of your coverage left to go and you've mysteriously stopped using it. Why is that? Is it because you'd all much prefer to be on your way home rather than commentating on the Dingles today?

The only presenter tweeting this morning appears to be Adam Oxley who is - as far as I'm aware - a Reds fan.

Unbelievably biased. I wish United would tell them to go and get fucked when they want to come knocking for Wilder's thoughts next season.

If it weren't for Blades fans football heaven wouldn't exist. Blades are most vocal support across all media. But because Wendy's have dug up a few fossilised fans. . . . They've become the media darlings again.

Aside from Radio Pig - ever seen so many fat obese fans, when the cameras scanned the pig-pen all you could see were massive (sorry) beer guts and red bloated faces. "Who eat all the pies Sherlock?"

Fat boy Tango's dad must have spread his seed far and wide, they all looked related - wonder the top tier didn't collapse at bouncy-bouncy time...
I have always assumed that massive was reference to their average waistline

I realised this when interviewing managers, teampork s manager, whoever it was ALWAYS lasts twice as long, and sometime THREE times as long, as any other managers interview.
to be fair he is Portuguese and has learnt english from around hillsborough so only knows bollocking arrogant waffle

Remember the old "cos Citeh are a massive club" song the Manure used to sing?

"They've got Michael Vaughan as a celebrity fan/They're owned by a Thai tuna billionaire/They used to be sponsored by Chupa Chups/Cos Wendy are a massive club..."

Don't start a poll.
Don't give THE PIG the satisfaction of our precious time.
Now, if he's commentating at BDTBL with Keith and The Kop give it a loud...

"Staton Is A Wanker" chant...
I'll not be against that.

"Staton is a wanker,
A piggy loving twat.
And when they lost at Wembley,
He cried the whole way back."

Or something like that.

"Staton is a wanker,
A piggy loving twat.
And when they lost at Wembley,
He cried the whole way back."

Or something like that.

McCartneyesque...

Or something even simpler.

"Staton Is A Wanker, na,na,na,na"

As he commentates on United putting the sixth past a hapless Northampton Town defence on the opening day of the season.

*I am on drugs... before anyone asks.

I've not listened to Radio Wednesday for years. The bias has been apparent to me for as long as I can recall and ever since my dad stopped driving back from games and had it on in the car, I've not listened to it. As said earlier in this thread, it's average to poor journalism. As an amateur writer I often feel I could actually do a better job. I follow John Buchanan on Twitter because he does those nice line up charts I like, but that's about it.

I can assure you it isn't just them who have large waistlines. Have you ever seen mine? :eek:

Shame that BBC have the monopoly on local football.

There's no alternative.

Don't mind having pundits who support a specific club in our area, but when the journalists are well known to
support one particular club, it's not the impartiality that the BBC stands for and by. Though maybe it's not only
with the football?

Everyone who pays a fee to them, this is what/who we are paying for.

Totally agree with that. I think it would be better if "pundits" we're at least open and honest about who they support I'm sure they'd act professionally in covering the regions teams. Seth and Paul Walker never came clean with their Blades support but probably should have. I thought it was common knowledge that Staton was a Pig. It's patronising and insulting to listeners when Presenters feign impartiality by pretending they support a club far away enough to not be considered contentious.

That said I think someone at the BBC ought to have a word with that oaf T. Foster regarding the comments he makes about the Blades

sorry but if we had a chairman with bollocks we would ban them from BTDBL

I haven't listened to that godawful station since Seth Bennett left. He was the only one unaffected by the swine flu.

Fuck Radio Sheffield, Fuck Football Heaven and fuck their Pig propaganda. Switch it off and stay switched off.

Who said prose couldn't be poetry? Clear, direct and accurate.

Taking the bias nature aside for a moment, the most annoying aspect of radio pigs sports presenters is how they interrupt people to give there own point of view and either ridicule or cut off anyone who doesn't agree with there view. They are no more football experts than the rest of us yet because of there position obviously think otherwise. They think there opinion is correct having watched a local club maybe a dozen times a season at best when the rest of us have been there game after game. They are so far up there own arses it's untrue

Fuck Radio Sheffield, Fuck Football Heaven and fuck their Pig propaganda. Switch it off and stay switched off. Well said Tyler.
Some seasons ago, spookily enough with the arrival of Staton, the bias shown by our supposedly neutral radio station became blatantly apparent. I realised this when interviewing managers, teampork s manager, whoever it was ALWAYS lasts twice as long, and sometime THREE times as long, as any other managers interview. It got to the point where as the interview dragged on with Staton asking the most banal possible questions ever I was expecting him to start asking what they were having for breakfast next morning! Plus I dont know if anyone has noticed or brought this up, they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have an interview with a pig player after Saturday matches. Rarely do they ever have an interview with players from other teams. But of course Radio Pig will deny any bias. TAWAT. The,re All Wankers Are nt They

I've noticed this too. Often 15-20 minute interviews, while our manager gets 5 mins.

Back
Top Bottom