Geek pride day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely you must have a fact for us all, Silent Blade!
It is in that book. Very good read

51No2fuSBgL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The highest number of league wins in a season is 27 (81/82 when we won the 4th division and 2011/12 when we contrived to finish 3rd)

The highest number of league losses in a season is 26 (75/76 when we were relegated from D1 and 2010/11 when relegated from the championship).

The highest number of league goals in a season is 102 goals in 25/26 when we managed to finish 5th in D1 due to the fact we conceded 82. That's an average of 4.5 goals in each game. I vaguely recall someone saying there was a rule change that season which led to more goals being scored. Must have been great to watch that side !

The highest number of league goals in a season is 102 goals in 25/26 when we managed to finish 5th in D1 due to the fact we conceded 82. That's an average of 4.5 goals in each game. I vaguely recall someone saying there was a rule change that season which led to more goals being scored. Must have been great to watch that side !

The offside rules were changed in 1925 much to the forwards' joy and defenders struggling with the change!

The highest number of league wins in a season is 27 (81/82 when we won the 4th division and 2011/12 when we contrived to finish 3rd)

The highest number of league losses in a season is 26 (75/76 when we were relegated from D1 and 2010/11 when relegated from the championship).

There was a season in that era where an absurd amount of goals were scored. Can't remember the exact year but at least 2 teams scored 100+ goals. I think Tottenham scored over 120.

bramall lane only ground to host an Ashes test match
a full england international
and an FA cup final replay
and Eagles played the rugby league world club champions at the lane

Who were United due to play when a match had to be called off because of the discovery of a World War Two bomb?

Proper geeky fact....

In the Legends of the Lane exhibition there is a certificate from the John Denver Appreciation Society, thanking United for keeping the music of John Denver alive by its singing and playing of Annie's Song.

It's true...ask Big Johnny G... :D

Back
Top Bottom