Forcing Hammond out of the club

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Uses for dean hammond

• Door stop

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Captain blade outfit

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Street advertiser, card spinner

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Drought excluder in reception

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Shouty program guy on kop

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • Other, please state..

Votes: 14 16.3%

• Total voters

Tezza1889

Reaction score
Been having a few conversations about the fortunate individual that has attached itself to us, firstly I'll address the blind cheek of the whole thing..

How can he knowing the role he played in getting his old pal the sack take up the option he was given, has the man no pride in himself, coming and taking a deal offered by the now sacked manager in a sad glassy eyed moment between two has beens, that appears to be the only option open to him as his performances last season have raised the alarm that he's shot and clearly on the way down in a very rapid manner.. He himself knows he's a shot player, why else would he take the option knowing what's he's going to get on his return, he knows he's nothing but a burden and hate figure..

The fact is this, we're stuck with him, so what happens next??

1. He can't be played in the first team because he'll be booed, this will clearly impact on the rest of the players and affect thier performances, something we definitely need to avoid like the plague now as we look to build a new team under a new manager... If anything total support needs to be applied from day one regardless of what's happening on the pitch, hammonds presence will guarantee negativity in the team and stands, we need a fresh start, he will stink the place out..

2. The bench, can we afford to have him benched for the whole season, and be an unused sub, could he be trusted not to undermine the manager and staff when things go wrong, can we trust him not to be a bad influence on the other younger subs he'd be sat with every weekend, it's a no from me, he'd be poison wouldn't he..

3. Loan him out, providing his agent can find some team stupid enough to want an expensive waste of a squad number we'll still have to pay half...( this is my preferred option, cut the losses)

4. The pay off, that's why he's took the option, and just for that reason alone why we shouldn't pay his contract up, this is what he's wanting and this is what's guaranteeing him legendary Wanker status....

5. He's an expensive door stop, even if we used him as a door stop at the ticket office during busy periods he'd be expensive wouldn't he, then there's the issue that a weight or wedge might outperform him anyway and he'd have to be subbed for the younger more ambitious and mobile dead weight..

Etc....

But how do we get a player out of the club who clearly is not wanted, and here for his last big payday and absolutely nothing else, can the fans do anything constructively to help the club get this loser out the door..?? Cause it needs to happen...

Fuck it il say it,
I hated Hammond last season and I cringed when I heard he'd got another year but;
-He's played for (currently) the best side in the country, if he's taking up more of a coaching role and giving some of the kids his advice then it'll cushion the blow for me.
- it's not his fault the previous manager(when begging him to come in the first place) said that he could have a years contract when his loan ended. On a similar note it's not his fault his legs have gone. Ok it seems to always be us that cop for this type of luck but we've a lot to be positive about going forward, let's not let this one kick in the nuts hold us back.
- his wages could be a quarter of what we are worrying they are.
- maybe Donny will come in for that rumored loan move.

I'm not a clapper, but Wilder had impressed me with his ruthlessness already. Dean Hammond does seem to be an inconvenience and a drain on resources but what can we do? What can Wilder do that he already hasn't?
On this depressing weekend when London is full of pork I say we don't hold on to next seasons first negative. Let's look forward, let's cheer on Hull and Millwall and see what the new gaffer has in store for us this Summer.

Fuck it il say it,
I hated Hammond last season and I cringed when I heard he'd got another year but;
-He's played for (currently) the best side in the country, if he's taking up more of a coaching role and giving some of the kids his advice then it'll cushion the blow for me.
- it's not his fault the previous manager(when begging him to come in the first place) said that he could have a years contract when his loan ended. On a similar note it's not his fault his legs have gone. Ok it seems to always be us that cop for this type of luck but we've a lot to be positive about going forward, let's not let this one kick in the nuts hold us back.
- his wages could be a quarter of what we are worrying they are.
- maybe Donny will come in for that rumored loan move.

I'm not a clapper, but Wilder had impressed me with his ruthlessness already. Dean Hammond does seem to be an inconvenience and a drain on resources but what can we do? What can Wilder do that he already hasn't?
On this depressing weekend when London is full of pork I say we don't hold on to next seasons first negative. Let's look forward, let's cheer on Hull and Millwall and see what the new gaffer has in store for us this Summer.

I see your point. Still hoping Adkins gets the Bolton/Charlton job and has examples he can show their board of his "Unseen work". HE could take Coutts with him as well. Imagine going to Bolton and seeing those 2 line up against us. It would be beautiful.

Imagine the abuse he'd get as a program seller on the kop.

He'd probably just quit there and then.

Imagine the abuse he'd get as a program seller on the kop.

He'd probably just quit there and then.

I'd have fucked off, by the time he'd got to where I was sitting I'd have missed the last bus home.

If I was Top Boy at BDTBL i'd be on the blower to Hammond's agent.

Finest piece of business in a long while. Shame it's to United's apparent detriment.

Good Luck Dean.

Lydon Hammond
X

Half time entertainment

We have been missing something since the Bladettes got the sack although I hasten to add I don't want to see him in a cheerleader outfit.

Something along the lines of the fairground ducking stool game shown below would be ideal

2ch23ph.jpg

To vary it every week we could change what he gets dropped into, one week water, then gunge, mud, custard, piranha, that sort of thing, people could volunteer from the crowd to come on at half time and if they hit a bullseye with the ball in he drops.

This is an embarrassing post, sorry.

The man has a family, I'm sure if you had no emotional ties to a club you'd do the same! This is bad management, not a bad attitude. The man is getting on, he has two young kids, I find his decision 100% completely understandable. Boardroom negligence & stupidity are to blame, not a family man who obviously wants a viably financial & comfortable future for his family.

Hammonds' legs have gone, we've all had our fun, now lets go and pick on some other unfortunate fucker. :)

Yep let's pick on some other unfortunate fucker on £17k per week . All we need is the full story of Baxter to break and we have game , set and match,

UTB

Yep let's pick on some other unfortunate fucker on £17k per week . All we need is the full story of Baxter to break and we have game , set and match,

UTB
Hammond is on no where near 17k a week in League one, that I can almost guarentee.

The man has a family, I'm sure if you had no emotional ties to a club you'd do the same! This is bad management, not a bad attitude. The man is getting on, he has two young kids, I find his decision 100% completely understandable. Boardroom negligence & stupidity are to blame, not a family man who obviously wants a viably financial & comfortable future for his family.
So you think it's ok for him to get free money from the rest of us who actually show up and do our jobs and only earn a fraction of his salary?

He was on the books of a Premier League club last season. He could easily afford to go the next twelve months without earning a penny.

So you think it's ok for him to get free money from the rest of us who actually show up and do our jobs and only earn a fraction of his salary?

He was on the books of a Premier League club last season. He could easily afford to go the next twelve months without earning a penny.

It's not his fault you earn a fraction of what he does.

Hammond is on no where near 17k a week in League one, that I can almost guarentee.

Wiz , had to put a figure to annoy every fucker . Could be £5k , no idea , but whatever it is we are stuck with him.

Just no worked out , with a lot resting on the bloke , which ultimately didn't help Adkins with his reputation and keeping his job.

UTB

Totally get where your coming from but we are talking about a man who must already be a multi millionaire. It's not like he's desperate for the cash. Why didn't he try to get fixed up elsewhere before he accepted what was his rightful choice? Why wouldn't you sacrifice a small amount in order to be happy? Many footballers live in a world of pure greed. I've no sympathy for him. If he genuinely wanted to be in with a shout here, why didn't he do the end of season lap of the pitch or the player of the year awards? Sammon was a crap player but at least he had the balls to come out at the end with the rest of them

This lynch mob stuff is getting a bit boring now. I'd have done the exact same thing if I was Hammond, football's a short career, you take as much as you can out of it so you can set your family up for as long as possible. As mentioned before, it's the club who screwed up, not him.

Who's to say he can't get himself fit and offer us something in a different system next year under Wilder? Let's draw a line under last season and just move on. It's going to be embarrassing listening to you lot boo him in our first game next season and push negative vibes onto our team.

That pretty much sums up the attitude of the modern player. It's just a job and like any other job you try to earn the most you can.

Yeah, it all seems very joyless, doesn't it?

All those boyhood dreams & fantasies of becoming a footb... Nah, scrub that, the dreams seem these days to be calculating ones of becoming as rich as possible.

Football as a mere means to an end, rather than an end in itself (which, to a fan/supporter, is exactly what it is).

This lynch mob stuff is getting a bit boring now. I'd have done the exact same thing if I was Hammond, football's a short career, you take as much as you can out of it so you can set your family up for as long as possible. As mentioned before, it's the club who screwed up, not him.

Who's to say he can't get himself fit and offer us something in a different system next year under Wilder? Let's draw a line under last season and just move on. It's going to be embarrassing listening to you lot boo him in our first game next season and push negative vibes onto our team.

But, going by that thinking (that you merely "take" as much as possible, to set your own self & family up), there's no room for "giving" (to club, to teammates, to supporters, etc).

Or, rather, the only "giving" possible for the modern, materialistic footballer is entirely on his own terms, for his own selfish purposes.

Why shouldn't the likes of Hammond be treated with utter contempt by football fans for whom football means much more than that?

And why should a fan enter into the head of a self-serving footballer & look at things from his perspective rather than from that of the fan (especially when extremely rich/self-satisfied footballers like Hammond are hardly doing us the same service)?

Is he really that hard he's willing bto take 12 months of a abuse & normally at this stage of the career. Footballers just want to play because of there impending retirement

Back
Top Bottom