Incoming? Dan Burn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He might not have signed or may never even sign. But at least he isn't a Scottish midget. Well done to the board for us not signing but being linked to a non-Scottish midget who we won't end up signing. Game changing.

I hope he plays the next game for Fulham , gets injured just long enough to cover the loan window and then we can forget about him and this obsession with signing him !! Doesn't particularly look our sound like the solution to our frailties Imo anyway . As ever UTB

Source - Star suggests Adkin's could be set to resurrect interest in Dan Burn when emergency loan window opens later this month.

Get in

They let one defender go and brought 2 in I think.

So it's possible they may still loan him out but I don't see why we could not have agreed a loan deal yesterday.

I will attempt to be gentle here. Do you really think they had any intention of signing him or that his club had any intention of letting him go or that the player wanted to come? Honestly? After how many months pursuing the lad at increased bids when he was featuring for a championship side. Have you and WHF ever considered (possibly, maybe even remotely, perhaps just scantily) that you have been had? No?

Can we just leave it with Dan Burn and move on to someone else?
How was he ever going to sign for us while he's a first-team regular in the Championship?

I will attempt to be gentle here. Do you really think they had any intention of signing him or that his club had any intention of letting him go or that the player wanted to come? Honestly? After how many months pursuing the lad at increased bids when he was featuring for a championship side. Have you and WHF ever considered (possibly, maybe even remotely, perhaps just scantily) that you have been had? No?

I think we wanted him or at least Adkins did otherwise he would not have wasted time mentioning him.

Circumstances at Fulham have changed dramatically with their embargo and if you look at the window itself they were unable to do much business themselves. That said when Fulham got their embargo that is when we should have looked at other targets as it was always going to be difficult for them to do the business with us.

I think we wanted him or at least Adkins did otherwise he would not have wasted time mentioning him.

Circumstances at Fulham have changed dramatically with their embargo and if you look at the window itself they were unable to do much business themselves. That said when Fulham got their embargo that is when we should have looked at other targets as it was always going to be difficult for them to do the business with us.

Exactly. Point made.

This lad would cost a high six figure (maybe seven figure?) fee and a large salary. Surely we can get a competent third division CH for much less?

I think Burn has the potential to become the next Collins...

Yep, he's a big donkey that'd get rings run round him in the second tier. I could see him being a Rob Jones type in league one (useful in both boxes). For the rumoured outlay, I'd want a player that could potentially grow into a top second tier/lower prem centre half. I'm not sure if L1 is his ceiling tbh.

I would like to go out with Cameron Diaz every Saturday night but she keeps saying no so eventually I have given up and have moved on to someone else

I would like to go out with Cameron Diaz every Saturday night but she keeps saying no so eventually I have given up and have moved on to someone else

Sorry mate, if I had known it was you asking her, I would have cancelled my "meeting Cameron every Saturday night" schedule.

To be honest, you are not missing much.....;)

This "line" that we keep trying to get over must be a s wide as the fu**ing Grand Canyon !!!

Can we please draw a new line with a really fine pencil as the incompetent fu**ers at SUFC are clearly struggling with getting over lines .......

Maybe try a new tactic like ........ make a realistic bid, based on market value and don't leave it all to the last few minutes.

Sorry , no ...... I've just realised that could never work could it or other Clubs would try it ....... :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP

According to The Sheffield Star (ok, stop sniggering!) we are going to continue chasing Dan Burn but with a view to a loan..........

This "line" that we keep trying to get over must be a s wide as the fu**ing Grand Canyon !!!

Can we please draw a new line with a really fine pencil as the incompetent fu**ers at SUFC are clearly struggling with getting over lines .......

Just make sure we don't get Jose to draw up the line

According to The Sheffield Star (ok, stop sniggering!) we are going to continue chasing Dan Burn but with a view to a loan..........
Ok so they won't accept our hard earned to get him off the wage bill so why are.they going to loan him to us ?

Just thought I'd post a photo of Dan Burn... in case some of you were missing him...almost feel's like part of the family already!

Dan-Burn-Fulham-Player-Profile_2835254.jpg

Ok so they won't accept our hard earned to get him off the wage bill so why are.they going to loan him to us ?

I didn't say that they were going to loan him to us mate, I said "according to the Star", (which says we are after two loans, one being Burn), and i would assume they wouldn't accept our "hard earned" because it was "six figures" (which is anything from £100,000 upwards), so maybe he is available to buy at the right price, if not, then to loan?

Here is what the Star says, just to be clear

Sheffield United plan to make at least two new signings when the emergency loan window reopens later this month.

The Star understands that officials at Bramall Lane remain hopeful that Dan Burn, a long-standing target of manager Nigel Adkins, will eventually move north despite failing to secure his release from Fulham before Monday’s transfer deadline.

United’s inability to capture any of the names on Adkins’ wanted-list has been met with fierce criticism by supporters. Although sources close to the League One club acknowledge it represented a disappointing end to a month which also saw Adkins continue the process of trimming his squad, they revealed last night that several of the players identified by the 50-year-old and his staff as potential acquisitions appear open to the prospect of striking temporary deals should their employers allow.

However, after refusing to admit defeat in his battle for Dean Hammond before eventually unveiling the Leicester City midfielder on loan, Adkins is thought to have told United’s board of directors that he plans to continue pursuing Burn following this weekend’s game against fellow promotion contenders Wigan Athletic.

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...s-refuse-to-call-time-1-7711664#ixzz3z7onv3ar

Back
Top Bottom