Relegation Zone by Jan?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A few results today will see us 5 points above the drop zone and looking at our next 6 games I can't see where a win is coming from. It's incredible but is it realistic that we could we enter the January transfer window in the bottom 4?
I reckon

We have picked up one point from Crewe, Shrewsbury and Barnsley lately. You won't get three much easier games than those to pick up points yet we picked up one. Surely no one is still genuinely thinking about the play offs? At least not with massive changes in January. Much more likely to go down as things are

Sadly we are on a real downward spiral and with the games coming up the pressure on the players and Adkins could become unbearable. The fans patience is wafer thin at the moment. It's going to be a long hard December

Hate to say I told you so. He's about as clueless as it gets.

I could see him for what he is a long time ago.

Just like I did with Hammond.

Wish that you, me & everyone else could have seen it before he got appointed.

Wouldn't have recommended touching him with a bargepole if I could somehow have forseen the disaster that has been Adkins's reign so far.

It's more likely we will have another new manager in place by next season than not which is a disaster for everybody involved. I just can't see us winning any of the next 6 and I can't see the board leaving a manager in place who has taken a play-off team to the bottom 4. We could be watching the worst United team in history here

Premier League Management Record
Matches W D L GF GA Pts Win %
30 6 9 15 38 56 27 20.0

Maybe Reading and Soton were right

I am confident we can turn this around. We nearly did today before Adkins lost it (draw) for us. Should have been out of sight by then. Need to keep a strong side for the cup next week and hopefully pick up a win before our next league game against Coventry.

Need to keep the same formation with Adams replacing JCR on the right. I would replace Collins with McGahey. I would put Basham at the back, but we have no legs in midfield without him.

I doubt we will be.

We could have won easily today and I think had Adkins not been forced into a few changes in the second half then I think we would have won. Some of these players still need offloading though but we know which 3 or 4 players still need to go.

I doubt we will be.

We could have won easily today and I think had Adkins not been forced into a few changes in the second half then I think we would have won. Some of these players still need offloading though but we know which 3 or 4 players still need to go.
We could easily have lost too, against the poorest team I've seen this season.

UTB

Barnsley are currently bottom of the league as it stands. Bit of perspective

Last edited:
We could easily have lost too, against the poorest team I've seen this season.

UTB

They started coming at us once we had made those subs though.

I think had we still had the outlet of JCR or even Adams then I think that would made them worried about the counter attack.

When you end up bringing on the likes of Woolword instead its just...

Some laughed at me last season and called me the most negative poster on the forum when I wrote it was the worst United squad since the one that dropped into Div 4 still the cup runs to semi finals I think clouded everyone's judgement including my own but by the end of last season I knew we were utter shite and Clough needed to go. Incredibly Adkins has done nothing at all to rectify the problems left by Clough if anything his signings have made the squad even worse if that was possible compounded by the annual selling of our best player.
Sorry to say it but if we can't beat the likes of Crewe, Barnsley, Shrewsbury etc then we are not on a downward spiral more like we are in free fall and in flames. :(:(:(

I think all we can do is limp through to January and hopefully strengthen. I don't think we'll sink into the relegation zone by then but we won't be far off.

The only game we might get something from in the next five is Scunny away, the rest I can only see defeats.

By the time we play Blackpool on January 9th we will be confirmed in a relegation battle and probably having to suffer the embarasing situation of sacking yet another manager.

Still at least we have the F.A (Fucking Awful) Cup tie to look forward to next weekend...

....great.

January will decide whether we stay up or not. I can't believe it's come to this to be honest. Everyone at the club should be thoroughly ashamed at the part they have played in the shambles we are now seeing. I imagine they don't give a shit though

Hold on a minute guys !
We are now talking relegation and it is all Nigel Clough's fault
Last season we reached the play offs and lost by the odd goal in bizarre circumstances - all we needed everyone admitted was a centre half and a striker !
Now we need to give Nigel Adkins another season to get rid of all the dead wood and get his own people in ! Like Sharp, Woolford, Hammond, Sammon etc
Sometimes, be careful what you wish for ...............................................................................!

One win in 15 none in the last 6, statistically we're in a tailspin & relegation given current results is a distinct possibility - the chances of automatic promotion whilst not completely impossible is surely now all but gone.

Three of our last 5 games have been against teams in the bottom 4 whilst a 4th game was against a team newly promoted from Div 2 from which we have taken 2 points - statistics can sometimes paint a misleading picture, sadly not these.

Only the most delusional can now claim the club is on the right track and additionally that the structure & composition of those people tasked with the stewardship of the club must now be questioned.

The wilderness years?

January is the time when we'll see if Adkins and the board have the necessary equipment between their legs. If we allow JTW to disappear without any major incomings then the manager and / or the Board need to be seriously questioned.

I am just hoping that Adkins positive belief in this current bunch is just a bluff and we start to see a new ruthless streak in early January.

Beyond January the only straw I feel we can clutch on to is there are players out of contract in the summer and that's when the rebuilding begins.

Back
Top Bottom