New Manager Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who Next?

• Phil Parkinson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nigel Adkins

Votes: 87 48.3%
  • Mark Warburton

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Karl Robinson

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • Darren Ferguson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Cooper

• Glenn Hoddle

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • John Carver

• Sam Allardyce

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Schteeve McLaren

• Brian Deane

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Gus Poyet

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Ian Holloway

• Malky Mackay

• Neil Redfern

• Steve Evans

• Stuart McCall

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Alex Sabella

• Chris Morgan

• Keith Hill

• Paul Lambert

• Billy Davies

• Michael Appleton

• A.N Other (please state)

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Shocked at cloughs sacking but who in reality can we get now who will get us promoted i for one am at a loss as to who we will get

Warburton?
McCarthy?
Allarardyce?
Adkins?

All unlikely targets i have a horrible feeling yet again McCabe will come out announcing a new inexperienced manager we should all get behind.

With Clough we had a plan, we had a team coming through, now what happens to the targets we were after?, the players we have now?, Louis Reed?

Deano talked to my wife in a chance meeting in Sheffield last week. At the time I thought it "interesting" that he said hes seeking a job here. In England. Who knows? Don't know would it be good or bad for us really.

Why not Brian Deane he wants to be a manager, got some experience and is a blade.
There are plenty of other names out there too and its not impossible for us to tempt a manager away from another club either.

People suggesting Allardyce are an embarrassment to the club, making us look like that lot next door. Firstly, he's one of the most successful managers in the PL and he's one of the highest paid managers in Europe. Get real. Adkins would be the most sensible choice, his CV speaks for itself.

Why not Brian Deane he wants to be a manager, got some experience and is a blade.
There are plenty of other names out there too and its not impossible for us to tempt a manager away from another club either.

I think people get too hung up about "experience". Robson, Blackwell, Adams, Wilson and Clough all had experience (conveniently sidestepping Weir, I know).

I think applicants (if that process is happening) of all experience levels should be considered. If someone can outline a way to make use of the talent (yes, there is some) within the squad, identify the key areas we need to strengthen (CB and CF), continue to develop the academy talent into the first team (Clough was good at that) and most importantly set up our team to win games (Clough was bad at that) then I don't think we will go far wrong IMO.

I'm glad others have already mentioned Deane and I won't look a complete nutcase. A few weeks back a Wednesday mate of mine asked who I would want if Clough was to go, and without hesitation I said Deano.

I highly doubt that will happen though.

Live Manager Odds

Looking at the shortlist there are a few very good names in the hat, I for one wouldn't be upset if Warnock were to come back, hes the sort of manager who could get the players in check and out of this league at the first attempt in my opinion. Failing that i think Adkins is up there in my list.

And I can dream so I would love to see Solskjaer have another crack at an English club, he did wonders in Norway before a torrid spell with Cardiff.

McCall has done well at Rangers with a very limited budget and he might leave if they don't with their Play Off v Motherwell. I saw the second leg of the semi final against Hibs and Rangers were ruthless in protecting their 2-0 lead. They looked very well organised.

Atkins has got numerous promotions, some from the division above. We'd be mad not to go for him.

I think people get too hung up about "experience". Robson, Blackwell, Adams, Wilson and Clough all had experience (conveniently sidestepping Weir, I know).

I think applicants (if that process is happening) of all experience levels should be considered. If someone can outline a way to make use of the talent (yes, there is some) within the squad, identify the key areas we need to strengthen (CB and CF), continue to develop the academy talent into the first team (Clough was good at that) and most importantly set up our team to win games (Clough was bad at that) then I don't think we will go far wrong IMO.
We have failed with inexperience too. Spackman, Bruce, Heath, Speed and especially Weir

The Bladey Bladey nonsense begins.

A massive NO to:

Deane - a complete novice. Wouldn't even get a mention if he hadn't played for Dinosaur Dave.

Silk share - Why? Why Why?

Evans - Obnoxious cheat. Pass me that barge pole.

Allardyce - The archetypal Hoofer.

McCall - Uninspiring mediocrity.

Morgan - Brainless Bladey Hoofer. Should be sacked, not promoted.

Warnock - Oh dear, oh dear...

Holdsworth, Peschisolido, Currie, Edwards....not yet I know...but just wait....it'll get dafter....

Back
Top Bottom