CONFIRMED Steve Davies joins on loan from Blackpool

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Presumably it will help you further if those who are so affronted by having more than one thread on the same topic simply report it to you, rather than create an endless list of posts (for us all to trawl though) complaining about it?

UTB

It would help even more to spend a few seconds to check in the first place and not create repeat threads.

Presumably it will help you further if those who are so affronted by having more than one thread on the same topic simply report it to you, rather than create an endless list of posts (for us all to trawl though) complaining about it?

UTB

True....but I think most of us prefer to contact Foxy and nominate the tosser who posted the same thread again to be put in the twat thread.

Is he currently injured? Just he wasn't in Blackpool's matchday squad today

Just saying..

So far this season he has made the bench twice and all he has to show for it is a yellow card. Not sure how reliable this is but these are his playing characteristics on the sky website

STEVE DAVIES PLAYER CHARACTERISTICS

STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES
Long shots Strong Holding on to the ball Very Weak
Passing Very Weak
Finishing Weak

STYLES
Likes to shoot from distance Very Often
Gets fouled often Often
Likes to play long balls Often
Likes to do flick ons Often
Does not dive into tackles Often
Commits fouls often

So far this season he has made the bench twice and all he has to show for it is a yellow card. Not sure how reliable this is but these are his playing characteristics on the sky website

STEVE DAVIES PLAYER CHARACTERISTICS

STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES
Long shots Strong Holding on to the ball Very Weak
Passing Very Weak
Finishing Weak

STYLES
Likes to shoot from distance Very Often
Gets fouled often Often
Likes to play long balls Often
Likes to do flick ons Often
Does not dive into tackles Often
Commits fouls often

Does he do them well as often though?

Crowd favourite at Derby, often.

Perhaps they saw something in him as well as Clough?

Maybe Wizardry, but when he played, he had a good scoring record. I figure that had a little to do with it too!

He had a serious head injury playing for the team and lke Shaun Barker, Nigel tends to be loyal to players that will put their neck, or in his case, head on the line.

Maybe Wizardry, but when he played, he had a good scoring record. I figure that had a little to do with it too!

He had a serious head injury playing for the team and lke Shaun Barker, Nigel tends to be loyal to players that will put their neck, or in his case, head on the line.
I was only joking pal,it was mainly due to people referring to his recent injury nightmares why i cracked that one,i'll get me coat.

I was only joking pal,it was mainly due to people referring to his recent injury nightmares why i cracked that one,i'll get me coat.

I knew Wizardry, I meant to offer insight to the few on here that write off players before they have seen them, or before the player kicks a ball.

Didn't make Blackpool's squad again last night, no news on whether he's injured again or whether Riga just doesn't rate him. Rumours also that any loan deal for him would involve the 'loaning' club paying all his wages, only deal (other than a sale) Oyston will accept, not surprisingly. One of their top earners apparently.

Didn't make Blackpool's squad again last night, no news on whether he's injured again or whether Riga just doesn't rate him. Rumours also that any loan deal for him would involve the 'loaning' club paying all his wages, only deal (other than a sale) Oyston will accept, not surprisingly. One of their top earners apparently.

So we loan him for £500k (covering his wages). And sign him for "free" in January.

So we loan him for £500k (covering his wages). And sign him for "free" in January.

Given his injury record I would look elsewhere for the likely outlay but he is out of contract next Summer so we could probably get him relatively cheaply in January. In hindsight, a loan deal is maybe better than had we got him on a permy on deadline day but then again if he comes here and does well, they may decide to keep him. I suspect they have removed him from the squad for the last few games to keep him injury free for a couple of weeks for the loan to go through.

Given his injury record I would look elsewhere for the likely outlay but he is out of contract next Summer so we could probably get him relatively cheaply in January. In hindsight, a loan deal is maybe better than had we got him on a permy on deadline day but then again if he comes here and does well, they may decide to keep him. I suspect they have removed him from the squad for the last few games to keep him injury free for a couple of weeks for the loan to go through.

I suspect the permanent option was the most suitable deal from our side - a loan might mean us paying more if we have to take up the whole tab. A six figure tranny fee with a lower wage structure was probably our most cost effective scenario. It would have meant that Blackpool would have had to pay up the rest of his contract and I suspect that's where the stumbling block lay. Oyston wants rid of a player that is costing but not playing but he wants to reduce his losses. It will come to a point where he will have to accept something or keep him and play him until his contact expires.

I still see this option as a high risk, low return situation. Not reliable enough (fitness wise) to be the 20 goal go getter and a huge gamble to bet a promotion push on. We just have to have better options than this to work with - and I am not talking our old lag, Vas.

I suspect the permanent option was the most suitable deal from our side - a loan might mean us paying more if we have to take up the whole tab. A six figure tranny fee with a lower wage structure was probably our most cost effective scenario. It would have meant that Blackpool would have had to pay up the rest of his contract and I suspect that's where the stumbling block lay. Oyston wants rid of a player that is costing but not playing but he wants to reduce his losses. It will come to a point where he will have to accept something or keep him and play him until his contact expires.

I still see this option as a high risk, low return situation. Not reliable enough (fitness wise) to be the 20 goal go getter and a huge gamble to bet a promotion push on. We just have to have better options than this to work with - and I am not talking our old lag, Vas.

Yep, the immovable obstacle that is Karl Oyston.

Still think Ched could end up being the best option, should find out the truth of the situation in the next few weeks I guess.

Still think Ched could end up being the best option, should find out the truth of the situation in the next few weeks I guess.

It's highly likely that Mr Vas will not be match fit for a while, though.
If he is signed I suspect he will not feature for a little while to let the dust settle and whilst he gets up to speed.
It's going to be a rocky ride if it happens

Best not reply to this - we don't want yet another Vas thread eh?

I'm almost certain i saw & followed Steve Davies out of the south stand & to the station on saturday, he was with two other men, maybe his agent? Obviously he isn't instantly recognisable to most people but i felt sure it was him. He had a black hoodie, jeans and black nike trainers on.

I'm almost certain i saw & followed Steve Davies out of the south stand & to the station on saturday, he was with two other men, maybe his agent? Obviously he isn't instantly recognisable to most people but i felt sure it was him. He had a black hoodie, jeans and black nike trainers on.
Nice to hear he travels in style:D

Sounds like the sort of garb Ched will be wearing soon. Probably in his own house too.

To think we may be close to signing yet another Blackpool player, recently plagued by injury and loss of form, to fill possibly the most important role at the club is just totally underwhelming. We can play liek we did against Gills and O's as many times as we like we are not going to tank any team with the players we have and their finishing capability - especially if McNuts only gets 30 mins or so - unless of course he does it all himself in that 30 mins.

Sounds like someone who is about to mug someone.

You sure it just wasn't some hoolie looking for a ruck with the Orient fans back at the train station?

Wearing the right gear for a ruck wouldn't you say? :)

Me and my best friend went to Leyton Orient game on Saturday and we saw Steve Davies from Blackpool in the South Stand and after game.
Decent chance we will sign him. Preferably Ched Evans though.

Me and my best friend went to Leyton Orient game on Saturday and we saw Steve Davies from Blackpool in the South Stand and after game.
Decent chance we will sign him. Preferably Ched Evans though.

Offload Porter and sign Evans and Davies?

So is this guy packing in snooker to play for us then?

Back
Top Bottom