Jess Ennis Stand

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dkc

Reaction score
It was a nice gesture to rename the stand in her honour, but is this a permenant thing? For me, a Tony Currie stand or Derek Dooley stand would be more appropriate if a stand is to be re-named permanently

Imagine if, in the 80's, Bomber Graham had a passing interest in the Blades and we re-named the John St stand the" Herol Graham Stand" after he won the European middleweight title. Would most of today's fans approve?

After a couple more years, I think that the BL stand should revert to its original name, or that of a sponsor, and another part of the stadium be named after Jess - the club gym, for example, or the office block on Bramall Lane. I'm sure she wouldn't mind too much.

Oh dear, not this again.

Yeah I think it's intended to be a long lasting tribute.

I'd rather it be the jess Ennis stand than have a sponsors name. I couldn't tell you the sponsors names on any other stand.

Oh dear, not this again.

Yeah I think it's intended to be a long lasting tribute.

I'd rather it be the jess Ennis stand than have a sponsors name. I couldn't tell you the sponsors names on any other stand.
That wouln't stop a sponsor......e.g MacDonald's Jess Ennis Stand.

Or 'The Santander Money-Grabbing Bitch who has had One Golden Summer and will only turn out for Grand Prix, Multi Million Pound Events From Now On and has No Links to the Blades Whatsoever' Stand.

Should fit...
Wow! That's a bit harsh!

By one golden summer do you mean 2009 when she became world champion or 2012 when she won Olympic gold? As well as turning in consistent performances over the years except when injury struck.

Oh and to think, heaven forbid she takes any time off to have a baby!

Sponsorship of stands is fine, but only if you move with the times.

I'm sure I'm not alone in still calling the South Stand the Laver Stand, I couldn't even tell you it's current name.

Wow! That's a bit harsh!

By one golden summer do you mean 2009 when she became world champion or 2012 when she won Olympic gold? As well as turning in consistent performances over the years except when injury struck.

Oh and to think, heaven forbid she takes any time off to have a baby!

It's ok for some. I would love to have 9 months so i can give birth to a baby, but somehow i don't think it will happen.

Sponsorship of stands is fine, but only if you move with the times.

I'm sure I'm not alone in still calling the South Stand the Laver Stand, I couldn't even tell you it's current name.
It's called the South Stand. We've also got John Street, the Kop, Lane end and the funny corners. They may well be sponsored by some worthy company, but I've not much clue as to who. Calling it the Hallam FM Kop didn't make me listen to Radio Hallam, as my ears work too well to listen to that shite.

The Woodbourn Rd athletics track is going to be renovated as a smaller replacement for DVS. The renovation includes building a new stand. That would probably be a better stand to name after Jess.

The Woodbourn Rd athletics track is going to be renovated as a smaller replacement for DVS. The renovation includes building a new stand. That would probably be a better stand to name after Jess.

As well as our very own BL Jess Ennis stand. Good idea

Don't think Fener like it called that either. So much so, the attempted to burn it down

Only one seat, as it happens, Matt - only one seat.

I think it may be more poplier if they added some photos of our Jess in her work clobber.
She's not my cup o' tea but there's plenty that would - and I'll bet Graffers'll be one of them given his Meldrew like tirade in post #6 ;)

Only one seat, as it happens, Matt - only one seat.

I think it may be more poplier if they added some photos of our Jess in her work clobber.
She's not my cup o' tea but there's plenty that would - and I'll bet Graffers'll be one of them given his Meldrew like tirade in post #6 ;)

Somebody once told me that you should never date a woman that's harder than you. I'm sure I could bend the rules a bit with this one though.

jessica-ennis2.jpg
jessice_ennis1.png
50cee4d604b411355736278.jpg

Don't think Fener like it called that either. So much so, the attempted to burn it down

I sent one of the pyro photos onto a Spurs-supporting mate and his immediate reaction was to ask why we had a stand named after Jessica Ennis, "particularly given that isn't even her name anymore".

Perhaps we could just get rid because it's out of date. Only other issue...has she ever actually been since the stand was dedicated to her? I know her family are apparently big fans, and they were there for the official unveiling (rather than Ennis-Hill), but I'm surprised if she hasn't been, paraded her medals etc. Unless I've just missed that...

Back
Top Bottom