Still in contract AND worthy of the shirt.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fjortoft's Aeroplane

Reaction score
I'm sure this list won't be too long..

Who would you say is still in contract and worthy of playing for us next season?

I'd say: Robinson, Anel, Hamer, Brooks, Arblaster I can be confident will be decent.

Souza & Trusty might cut it at Championship level but I'm not confident. Osula I'm doubtful but give him a shot.

Do you think we manage to keep Hamer over the Summer? I'm having doubts now that I've warmed to him after a shaky start.

Anel? Really? Wow!

He's been half of the reason our defence is so garbage. Worthy my arse. He's the first to chuck in the towel, stop trying and start sulking as soon as the opposition take the lead.

He's the first on my list to get rid of, if anyone is dumb enough to pay for him. We might be able to send him out on loan to get him off the wage bill with a view to buy. Hopefully he does well enough on the loan for us to get our money back on the useless gimp.

I know it's your own choice and opinion, but come on.

The easy bit is to say who should stay. The hardest part is getting rid of the wasters.

Anel will be gone in the summer his Father will see to that.

Tbf I'm putting Anel there because I saw him play well in the previous season. He's not Prem quality, but I think he can do a job in the Championship.

Personally anyone of value we need to sell and start again. Hamer as much as I want to keep him is probably 3 decent players if the money is put back in for transfers. Angel and Souza need to go asap so we know what we are playing with

Anel.... clearly a talented footballer but maybe not as good as his dad thinks. Also muckied his ticket at the Blades. He can go for me. Looked like a coward at times this season (admittedly one amongst a number of others embarrassing our shirt).

I really hope neither Anel or Souza aren’t here next season, they’re not half as good as they think they are ( in Souza‘s case maybe not even a quarter) and I doubt any premier league team will be interested in them. The attitude of both of them stinks, we need to get whatever we can for them early in the transfer window.

Who would you say is still in contract and worthy of playing for us next season?

I'd say: Robinson, Anel, Hamer, Brooks, Arblaster I can be confident will be decent.

Souza & Trusty might cut it at Championship level but I'm not confident. Osula I'm doubtful but give him a shot.

Do you think we manage to keep Hamer over the Summer? I'm having doubts now that I've warmed to him after a shaky start.

All the above minus Anel.

Arblaster
Brooks
Robbo
Osula
Osborn
Bogle
Hamer
Curtis

Desperate to keep Baldock🤞

Hopefully we can keep Egan, and keep Brewster fit!, as I think he could do a job in the championship, if we can keep him fit and get him match fit!

I'd love to say RND, but, unfortunately, he appears to be made of that stuff that SKIPS are made of.

As for Souza and Grbic........🖕🐕💩🤬

Have I missed anyone??, if so I apologise, but after mentioning the last 2 shit cunts, and being sick in my own mouth, my train of thought has gone.

Shame that Anel, Brooks, Hamer and Arblaster will be elsewhere.
The even sadder thing is with Anel, Hamer and Brooks it won't be a Premier League club that takes them from us so we'll get peanuts for them from a club that is willing to put them on proper wages

The even sadder thing is with Anel, Hamer and Brooks it won't be a Premier League club that takes them from us so we'll get peanuts for them from a club that is willing to put them on proper wages

I can't imagine we'll sell Hamer for peanuts having shelled out big money 8 months ago.

Nothing proper about footballers' wages

Even by Blades standards that would be unlikely to happen. Anel definitely, Hamer maybe, the other 2 will at least have a full season with us before we accept a crap offer.

Robinson, Hamer, Arblaster

Osborn and Bogle with extensions exercised

A 5 man starting 11 for next season!

Not only the last game but general feelings.

Players who give up easily:
Souza
Anel

Players whose heads drop/confidence players:
Trusty
Bogle
Hamer

Players who dig in and keep going:
Robinson
Baldock
Osborn
Norrington-Davies
Egan
Arblaster
Basham

Probably a few I don’t know where to place like McBurnie who could be in the latter, but has had his moments in the middle one, but it’s no coincidence that we have regularly been missing a few of the latter.

If we have an option on Egan which hopefully we do then I think along with JLT that’s a strong enough couple where an Anel or Trusty will be ok in championship against lesser opposition most weeks

Tha knows f all mate f all

Tha knows f all mate f all
Ok. we'll see how many of our "players" end up at a Premier League club. Arblaster might end up in a Premier League clubs squad, way down the list. But apart from that none will be at a Premier League club next season.

I’ll be very surprised if Arblaster goes this coming transfer window personally I’d love to keep George, imo Trusty has been underwhelming and as for the keeper well I’d prefer not to go into full Pompey mode or I’ll get a ban.

I hear off a mate who heard off a kid who heard off his dad who said he’d bumped into Wilder and asked him …

We’re “keeping Arblaster, Hamer and Trusty” - and then presumably everyone else is for sale (unless they’re walking away without a contract): then the business will be around who wants to pay a fee for whom, and we do the best business we can, getting replacements, keeping what’s left in some cases, and building the new team from there.

Hamer signed for United and took a pay cut then did he? Brooks just signed a new deal (as did Arblaster)

Have a day off ffs

Personally anyone of value we need to sell and start again. Hamer as much as I want to keep him is probably 3 decent players if the money is put back in for transfers. Angel and Souza need to go asap so we know what we are playing with

You see I can’t agree with this, nor the few comments detailing Hamers lack of effort without the ball by other posters.

Firstly, the last thing we should be doing is selling all the players with value, as those are likely our best players too. You mention Hamer in particular, who is the only player in the team with any ability to score and create chances regularly. He’s also been available a lot in f the season, something to say stands out above almost all the other players in the squad.
The reason we definitely shouldn’t be selling all of the better players with value…ie Blaster, Hamer, is because we have shown complete incompetence with regards recruitment. It is therefore a recipe for disaster, with the signings of Traore, Slimane, Larouchi, Souza, Thomas, Grbic, Trusty proving beyond doubt that whether we spend money or not we end up with some absolute dross not fit to make the starting line up.
The worry is that these players could t push out players that we haven’t seen fit to renew contracts of or can no longer afford!

Now if you are talking about players in contract that are proven either shite, gutless or both then fair enough. But Hamer will be a huge player for us next season if we can find some defenders who can defend without constant support from midfield, some forwards who can put the ball in the net, some more midfielders that can keep the ball and a keeper that isn’t Grbic.

Still in contract and worthy of the shirt: Robinson, Brooks, Arblaster and Hamer definitely. I would also keep Davies, Brewster (nothing to lose) and Osula. I really want us to keep Archer but not sure whether Villa want him back or he's so pissed off at the lack of game time that he wants to move on. He could be brilliant for us in the Championship.

Out of contract: I'd offer new deals to Bogle, Baldock, Jebbison, Egan and probably Osborn. RND would be another but whether he can get fit and stay fit is another matter. The rest can go.

In contract and sell: Anel, Souza, Slimane.

Priority must be to buy a quality goalkeeper, LB, CB, and another two midfielders (at least one who can keep the ball). If Archer goes, at least one new striker.

Probably going to need a few loans as there's not enough money for a proper rebuild with this owner.

Hamer signed for United and took a pay cut then did he? Brooks just signed a new deal (as did Arblaster)

Have a day off ffs
Ok, if anyone comes in for any of them I'm sure we'll be as competitive as they are.
Hamer will be given a pay cut like everyone else, meaning he will be on Championship wages, and Championship wages at Sheffield United and Championship wages at most other Championship clubs will be different, and any of our players offered a better deal will be off regardless of what they've signed.
Anyway, the main point of my post was THEY WILL NOT BE SIGNING FOR A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB so when the big boys come calling cannot be used as an excuse.

Ok, if anyone comes in for any of them I'm sure we'll be as competitive as they are.
Hamer will be given a pay cut like everyone else, meaning he will be on Championship wages, and Championship wages at Sheffield United and Championship wages at most other Championship clubs will be different, and any of our players offered a better deal will be off regardless of what they've signed.
Anyway, the main point of my post was THEY WILL NOT BE SIGNING FOR A PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB so when the big boys come calling cannot be used as an excuse.
If only players had the opportunity to negotiate their contracts and choose whether they move or not

Back
Top Bottom