What you have to remember

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So the answer is?

Sack the board; but the owner is trying to sell snayway.

Sack the manager; the bloke who got us up and has had his legs chopped off with the transfer budget.

Sack the players; window closed.

Turning your question around, what do you do, if you don;t ;back the regime;?

No, what do you really do?

Seems weird doesn't it?

I mean it's not like we drew 2-2 with Scunthorpe or anything... 👟👟

Last edited:
We were losing to bury at home not so long ago..

Three points dropped that day. Just like today..

Something that's really beginning to piss me off

I know heck’s didn’t have much of a budget but he still spent quite a lot.

Traore. He looks about 12
Slimane - Rubbish
Loucie - Rubbish
Sousa - Rubbish
Trusty- what was the point

Hamer -Good
McAtee- getting him back is great
Archer- good but tactics mean he will not score many.

Davies- no idea if he has it in him

Tactical set up is basically telling the opposition not to worry about our attack threat. It also giving the whole team a sense of not to go for it.

We are going to have a torrid season.

Wilders first season in the Prem saw us go for it.
Second season he went negative and we went down.

Hecky is Wilder mk2.

We are going to have a torrid season.

We lost 8-0 at the Lane, has that sunk in anyone? But some of you have faith in the regime??????
This regime put us in a position where we lost 8 nil to Newcastle in the Premier league, yes BUT the last regime put us in a position where we lost 5 - 2 to Swindon Town in league 1.

The manager should be consigned to history after that. The majority of the squad should be giving up their wage for the week, along with some of the backroom staff. There have been massive question marks over the defence from the getgo but never any real talk of getting any proper reinforcements in the middle. Other than the 5m or so he chucked at Trusty but who must be the worst player in history on the training pitch to not be getting a look in.

I honestly don't know what the answer is. It's understandable that people are questioning everything after the club suffered it's record league defeat. I dunno if we need a new owner, a new manager, or a whole new set of players.

I struggle to see what we can do though before January. Even IF the club was bought tomorrow by a billionaire with unlimited funds, nothing will change until January. A new manager might change the team, but would it really get that much better with the players we have?

I'm flip-flopping between "this will be a wakeup call, keep the faith" and "no manager can survive a 0-8 home defeat."

I honestly don't know. What a fucking depressing day.

Sorry but still seething ffs 0-8 total embarrassment you can’t gloss over that

Up to you how you see things..

But we can't change the result, it's how we react, theres no way on earth we could have beat them today.

Let's hope this pulls the squad together..

There is no answer

Hecky x 5 year contract

Players will get played regardless as we don’t have the quality in depth

Owner don’t want us

It’s a tripple threat

There is no answer

Hecky x 5 year contract

Players will get played regardless as we don’t have the quality in depth

Owner don’t want us

It’s a tripple threat
Hecky has just over 2 years left on that now I think?

So the answer is?

Sack the board; but the owner is trying to sell snayway.

Sack the manager; the bloke who got us up and has had his legs chopped off with the transfer budget.

Sack the players; window closed.

Turning your question around, what do you do, if you don;t ;back the regime;?

No, what do you really do?
Players gave up, that falls on the manager. Don't care who we play city, newcastle, arsenal or whoever you don't get dicked 8-0 at home. Lack of commitment, desire, work rate everything yesterday. People can blame officials all they want for first two goals and how the game were officiated but we still shipped another 6 after that. I will say though also while this current ownership and board are here we will never compete at this level fact.

I love the blade's after 53yrs, I have seen us play at every level. I never gave up on them in Division 4 and I won't now. Yesterday was the worst I have seen for lack of commitment or passion. However 1 result can be forgiven and we go again.

Changing the manager won't change our fate this season. However, this is a new low which really is no great surprise when you look at how weak the squad is. I fear more results like this are on the cards, especially away from home, but the fact this one happened at home is what is really difficult to come to terms with.

It's going to be a long season, I can't see any more points coming in the next 4 games so there is the very realistic chance that we go into November at the bottom of the table with 1 point. Until yesterday we were looking like the Covid season team, albeit with a little bit more of a goal threat. But even in that season it wasn't until March that we got our first proper hammering.

The blame lies with the owner. Whether he can afford it or not I'm not really interested, he's fucked up selling us on multiple occasions to questionable buyers, he still can't sell us now, and seemingly is asking for far too much which is really harming us. We are a Premier League team in name only, all potential buyers will see that the chances of us playing in the Championship next season are far higher than the chances of us being in the Premier League. He's fucked up on player retention, contracts, and transfer spending on the whole. Yes he's been influenced by managers and our chief scout, but ultimately he signs the cheques. We have substandard training facilities, a Category 2 academy which punches above its weight but that can only go on for so long, and a stadium which needs updating (The Kop). That's before we come on to the woefully shallow squad depth for this level.

Yesterday was awful, truly awful, it was, and still is humiliating but, when I think of all the games in the past that have upset me and made me feel dejected a lot of them have been play off finals, games where we've lost more than the game, we've lost the chance to play in the top league, the worst one was Wolves at cardiff, so yes this result will stay with me probably for life, but fundamentally we've lost a match, and possibly a little pride, but it's just a match, we will have other matches in the premier league albeit not for much longer.

This regime put us in a position where we lost 8 nil to Newcastle in the Premier league, yes BUT the last regime put us in a position where we lost 5 - 2 to Swindon Town in league 1.
I just had to google that as I have absolutely no recollection of it happening.

Stevenage dicked us 4-0 once too :confused:

To me I`m not bothered, it happens to teams and we've got ours out the way. 3 points lost, move on. We all know this season will be tough and we will be fortunate to stay up. Thats down to the players. They do have the ability if they want to be seen as PL players. Else they will drop into obscurity.

Until someone comes and buy's the club this is what we will have for the future. No point moaning about it. One thing that was noticeable though on TV was as the goals came in I could hear our fans singing upto 6. Then it was either amusing/a joke/a disgrace. :) That women reading the book in a SUFC shirt though will haunt us forever.

Is these kind of thread titles. Say what you mean in the title. Fuck me. I don't need the slow reveal. You're not Davina McCall
We should have a little caption competition. Complete the sentence "What you have to remember"..... ?

"Is there's no bigger blade than me!"
Kevin McCabe, 2019.

Back
Top Bottom