Survival

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
If we can survive this season, yes it's a big if, I expect us to be in and around bottom six all season, but if we can it could be pivotal in all manner of ways. More likely to find a serious buyer, Hecky buys himself time and space to lay solid foundations. That first season back under Wilder was deceptive. It was great and we saw the likes of Stevens, JOC, Fleck, Bash playing at their very peak but there were weaknesses that could be seen in retrospect. I've said before Hecky could be the best of the lot. He isn't arrogant, he's understated, humble but shrewd and has a good rapport with the players. I think this season is vital. We can stay up. We need unity.

Hecky has a bigger job than I thought he would have to back in may.

Despite many of ours completely writing us off we might be able to grind results out and some other teams might have terrible seasons too.

We also might find that the new signings and impending signings do in fact improve us overall.

One thing's for sure though and this is regardless of N'Diaye transfer.

The prince is not helping him given the slowness of our transfer business.
Would seem the thinking is to sign more towards the end of the window as that presents "better value for money" something I think is rubbish as normally the end of windows present the bigger fees!

Hecky needed and needs most in well before we start playing matches. He isn't getting that and it's another reason this owner is frankly a bit daft...

He listened to wilder until the 2nd season in PL. Since then the 2 managers have seen complaints largely fall on deaf ears it would seem.

If we can survive this season, yes it's a big if, I expect us to be in and around bottom six all season, but if we can it could be pivotal in all manner of ways. More likely to find a serious buyer, Hecky buys himself time and space to lay solid foundations. That first season back under Wilder was deceptive. It was great and we saw the likes of Stevens, JOC, Fleck, Bash playing at their very peak but there were weaknesses that could be seen in retrospect. I've said before Hecky could be the best of the lot. He isn't arrogant, he's understated, humble but shrewd and has a good rapport with the players. I think this season is vital. We can stay up. We need unity.

If hecky can keep us up with this squad and budget he deserves manager of the season, unless of course Michael Carrick finishes in 8th with boro

What will be the factors for us to stay up do you think? Presume a combination of a poor league, Fleck and Mcburnie, Berge hitting obsolute form and osbourn to play like he has never before.

What will be the factors for us to stay up do you think? Presume a combination of a poor league, Fleck and Mcburnie, Berge hitting obsolute form and osbourn to play like he has never before.
Fleck won't be instrumental. I'd be surprised if he gets game time. A lot hinges on how the new signings fit into the team and how they adapt to PL. We're still expecting a couple of big signings. Who thought Leicester would be relegated last season? All the promoted sides stayed up last season.

There's more chance of me serenading Michelle Keegan on Fargate, whilst fully in the nud, singing Annie's Song in French in honour of our departed star boy.

We needed to be all set for the first 6 games of the season, as within those we need to be taking points off teams who could be around us, we’re not going to be ready so we’ll be playing catch up.

it all just feels like a massive missed opportunity, we may never get it again.

We can do it. We badly need 3-6 new players, good ones. Hecky knows that.

But however/whoever we sign... Let's support the team as the underdogs we are.

We were underdogs with Iliman. Currently we lack a midfield so any point will be a great point.

If Fleck or Ozzy play, back them like they're gods, because they might just be able to turn in some surprising/miraculous performances that help us earn valuable points.

Even if the squad is "a bit shit overall" until January, we can still have hope, but need to do better than the dreaded "last time".

If we are within 6 points of safety and a takeover happens who knows.

It will be very very very unlikely

Motivation

Bores the shit out of me listening to these twats, they know the square root of fuck all about us ,Luton or the next set of promoted teams. Just say what every other dull pundit says. Just concentrate on the top 4 you nob end and get as many clichés as you can into your click bate shite. I'll make up my own mind how we are going to do this season, as I do every season, usually after 1\4 of it has been played and all recruitment is done.

Amongst a sea of utter retards on that station, Crook remarkably still manages to stand out as being utterly thick and ill-informed.

This is the clown that they have set up - presumably out of pity and to give him something akin to a role - as their ‘transfer-window’ expert.

First time I’ve seen what he looks like, although he’s pretty much as I could have predicted - overweight, fat head, piggy features and the obligatory beard. Turd.

Crook is a decent football journo and as things stand, he's hardly being disrespectful.

Then again, it was Danny Mills on the very same station who took the piss and said we had no chance last time.

I understand peoples frustrations but we are just focused on us and not on what our rivals are doing or not doing. Everton Ashley Young their main signing? Wolves losing quality players, signing no one and a manager who appears pissed off with his board, Luton yes signing players but from League One, Bournemouth changing Manager for someone with little experience, Crystal Palace lacking direction, Fulham losing a lot of loan players, Forest aimless. Hecky needs to be cute target the eight weakest teams and get 4 points off each that gives us 32 points and then we use the home crowd to deliver some unexpected wins

Had we still been in the champship homegames vs P.L. teams in cups would be quite a few winables. We've done that over the years. Games are often more even than we expect. We're hard to break.

Motivation

He's absolutely spot on.
Objectively, why would any journalist say anything else?

To almost any onlooker, we've just sold our only hope for a relative pittance.

I'm reserving giving my prediction until the window shuts, but if I was a paid journalist on Talksport and asked to give an opinion based on the knowns then (even as a Blades fan) I'd have said exactly that.

After Hecky’s rousing interview I’m feeling better, I think we’re in with a chance. Anything is possible.

Yeah. If Hecky told me to smack a pensioner I’d fucking do it. i’m 100% behind him and these rag tag bastards and criminals we have in our team.

I’ve just seen the video of Alex Crook on Talk Sport. He is their main sports journalist and it appears is an absolute cunt. This needs to be the motivation for the prem like that other dick was last time around.

Amongst a sea of utter retards on that station, Crook remarkably still manages to stand out as being utterly thick and ill-informed.

This is the clown that they have set up - presumably out of pity and to give him something akin to a role - as their ‘transfer-window’ expert.

First time I’ve seen what he looks like, although he’s pretty much as I could have predicted - overweight, fat head, piggy features and the obligatory beard. Turd.
Crook makes Gabby Agbonlahor and Jamie O' Hara look educated and that's saying something.

Back
Top Bottom