Blades Crest Referendum

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should We Modify The Current Badge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

How many times have Burnley changed their crest since in the last decade? They seem to be forever buggering about with it every other season. The staying power of ours compared to virtually everyone else in the league is staggering. Getting on for half a century old and still looking fresh with only minor tweaks down the years.

The original concept of the badge is getting on for 75 years. Needing something on the player blazers, Jimmy Hagan designed what in essence is the badge we have. See the great man below, showing his work:

1686939054520.png

You're absolutely right. I normally pride myself on utilising correct grammar and I fully deserve to be called out on this error!
🙏.Ness is over utilised for me.I'm not the grammer police, just dislike it's unimaginative usage.
"Togetherness" is a bugbear .....when the word unity says so much more.Small things eh😊👍

Not being biased but always thought our badge is a design master piece.

There’s no fuss, it shows our knickname emblem, year formed and the white rose representing our county.

However what makes it stand out is it’s simplicity making it instantly recognisable.

When you see all the badges on match of the day, ours is one of the best.

I think ours could do with some subtle refinements to make it exceptional but overal it’s a good badge as it is.

I love the simplicity and elegance of our mono logo and personally would be happy for us to use this much more.

1EF638D2-ECB8-4ACA-B814-25807C105F9A.png34ED79BD-1EA0-4B20-8CF5-6365EC0A7A78.jpegDC535BF4-799D-40B4-9F19-00C4F30E8CDF.jpeg

Only issues i have with the current is that the red could be a slightly more premium shade instead of sports direct red. The yorkshire rose could be reworked a little and include some of the gold colouration from the blades handle.

It’s a resounding ‘leave it the fuck alone’ from me. We could end up (no we couldn’t actually) like them lot going from a squashed Budgie to a startled Pigeon. Let that be a lesson learnt to anyone

Tell you what. That promotion shirt. One thing I love about it is the crest. It’s a home shirt but uses a black and gold mono crest and it’s a thing of beauty.

So then chaps, chapesses and non-chapperies.

It's been a closely-fought referendum as you can clearly see, but with 440 voters (93%) thinking it's a wank idea, 138 death threats, 7 countries threatening to cut off diplomatic ties with the UK, one excommunication from the Pope and a DM from the Dalai Lama calling me a "fucking nobcheese", I feel that I must reluctantly concede defeat in this contest.

The badge on the shirt remains unaltered.

And democracy is awful.

Love you xxx

So then chaps, chapesses and non-chapperies.

It's been a closely-fought referendum as you can clearly see, but with 440 voters (93%) thinking it's a wank idea, 138 death threats, 7 countries threatening to cut off diplomatic ties with the UK, one excommunication from the Pope and a DM from the Dalai Lama calling me a "fucking nobcheese", I feel that I must reluctantly concede defeat in this contest.

The badge on the shirt remains unaltered.

And democracy is awful.

Love you xxx

Blind Pew is on his way with a present for you. I'd say you've got off lightly

I love this concept. I think a shield is much more classy and proud.

View attachment 162719

Yep, that's the badger. Pretty much exactly what I had in mind. You could maybe make the outline of the shield much thinner or even remove it altogether. But that looks excellent.

Yep, that's the badger. Pretty much exactly what I had in mind. You could maybe make the outline of the shield much thinner or even remove it altogether. But that looks excellent.

The people have spoken. The roundel badge as is will be the official club badge, to be used around the ground and on match shirts. Minimalist, shield etc can officially do one.

Well it takes their mind off what they ought to be doing.
Having said that and having said previously here I'm not totally against modifications to the badge.
Providing the rose, cutlasses and lettering remain in a ball configuration, unlike my example, where the date aught to curve following the circumference of the clubs name.
As I said, previously, colour changes without altering the dynamics for refreshening if required, fitting in with colour schemes. View attachment 162549
Beautiful shirt that is

We could always give this a try?

Sure it's the symbol of The Muslim Brotherhood, who are an internationally proscribed terrorist organisation, but since when have we ever cared about being popular?

View attachment 162641
Foxy and Linz will be pleased that this forum has been moved onto the 'most wanted terrorist organisations list' in 152 countries!

It's a shame there's no middle ground in your vote as I think there's some merit in certain situations. Alas, I've had to vote 'wank' anyway.

Back
Top Bottom