Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v. Sheffield United - 29th April 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

QPR
QPR
QPR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1651180817583.png V. 1651180824071.png
Championship Week 45 - Friday 29th April 2022 - 19:45 - Loftus Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/queens-park-rangers-vs-sheffield-united.596/

Officials:

Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Assistant Referee: Robert Hyde
Fourth Official: James Linington

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1651180915161.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 22.22.26.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

I just don’t get the lack of urgency… QPR ar awful yet we are one down.

Our style of play, our pass it back mentality, our walking around the park is totally depressing.

We look nervous, Bash is looking a liability.
Need to step it up in the second half

Why can't our player get any kind of consistency? It's play well one game, crap the next. Hot the cold. They're just not capable of back to back good performances.

Is it the players or that Hecky has one approach and set of tactics for every match and that's all? Some weeks it works, others it doesn't.

We all know he won't make early changes as he never does until teams score or past the 80th minute.

We’ve been poor since the Middlesbrough game

There are some overreactions on here. Bloody hell. Toys out of the pram.

Not been great but been ok. We're short upfront. Obvious really. moved the ball around ok but no central figure. Ndiaye has done pretty well (and fair play putting that amount of energy in during Ramadan) but MGW has been largely anonymous. Bash having a mare.

As with most of our play for the season, all fancy and nice up go the box and then utterly shocking in terms of actually creating a shooting opportunity.

When we do, it's often either side footed to the keeper or in row Z.

And then once again defensively switch off after 35 minutes of nothing to do. It's just a floaty ball into the box for gods sake

I get the frustration, but I don't feel it warrants total meltdown just yet.... just need to rethink certain things.

Early doors we played some nice passing football. Berge and Fleck managed to get themselves into advance positions and MGW and Ndiaye confused them a bit with the movement. As per we have just lacked in the final third....

I expect a very blunt bollocking from Hecky at half time and a reminder that we need to win this game. I reckon we will see a rejuvenated performance after the break........

I would consider giving Uremovic a run down that right hand side as well. Osborne does a job, but he's in an unnatural position and it's an obvious weak link..... I don't think it is the craziest substitution idea.

I’ve loved some of the football we have played in the last few years but I’m thinking of 442 with roberts and Bryson, Deane and agana right now, we need to be more direct and effective

Remember going to watch utd v bristol City in the playoffs when they were bottom of division above v 3rd? Of division below (late 80's?) Had lost 1st leg 1-0 but still went with the sure knowledge we would be easily able to change it round as we were a better team. From what I remember we were utter gash and went out. Feels very much like that now.

Same old shite, start well but nothing up front or else if there's half a chance, don't bother shooting!

Why don't we have anyone who can use their weaker foot? Even I know what Ozzy is going to do every time, and Stevens has been woeful from what I've seen in the first half.

Bash really poor for the goal, but was it really that surprising? It was inevitable that QPR would weather the bit of pressure and then score with their first effort!

45 minutes to decide the season, my prediction is we'll score, huff and luff get nowhere and it'll either end 1-1 or get caught in the break again and 2-1.

Flat atmosphere, QPR are poor but we cannot create anything, too much faffing! Fleck's 'effort', well that just summed up the first half nicely.

I really couldn't cope going through another play-off debacle.
I can't work this bunch out at all.
I don't care if they lose but for fuck’s sake show something that makes me think you care.

Without a striker on its stay 1-0!

We've been decent but we dont have a proper striker on the pitch, even with their lack of experience id prefer Osalu or Jebbo playing.

All on Hecky that

Not Playing Basham at RB over Urimovic is a fuckin joke well done Hecky you useless man

There is absolutely zero logic to playing Ben Osborn at Right back zero none

Get this u23 manager out the club and get a proper one in
That's what I would have done games back. Can't have a guy a right wing back keep turning back.

Osborn at right wing back isn't a tactic. It's a stop gap intra-game. Bash at right back and Uremovic centre back by far the better option.

We'll, they've proved what we already knew in the first half. Any chance of a surprise in the second?
A real tough watch, but things to hope for:

John replacing Jimmy and showing some composure
Someone helping Berge out
Basham showing his experience
Ndiaye hitting a shot like a professional - isn't there some basic rule of thumb about head over the ball? Sure there used to be
Osborn working out what that thing at the end of his right leg is
Anything, just anything appearing remotely dangerous down our left side
Robinson, who the ref is watching every corner, NOT pushing the nearest defender who falls over and gets the free kick
Even a return to QPR looking like the team wasting time as they did before the goal rather than us looking like the team wasting time.

3 quick goals...

Do your best to enjoy fellow Blades.

Sometimes you simply need to remember when you first truly became a Blade as the reason to keep the faith ;) ...

Here's mine...

1651261431508.png

We lost 2-3 at home the day I fell in love with our crazy club!

UTB

QPR got their 13th choice keeper in net and we haven’t tested him once

Oh for Charlie Austin up front. Get it near the box and have a go - Fleck FFS, shoot man

On a positive, Berge looked different class in places, if he could have the arrogance to take control of a game and drive the win he’d be worth what we paid and more

not the best but equally not the worst.
Aye thats the scary thing. We’ve played a lot fucking worse than this recently. Stoke and Millwall away come straight to mind.

When we miss out on the play-offs, it wont be tonight thats cost us, it will be a string of piss poor performances since Christmas thats done it.

Worth also pointing out how fucking poor Enda was at stopping the cross. Just moves it onto his other foot so he doesn't even bother attempting to stop him. Rubbish defending to stop the cross. To quote Roy Keane "that's your job!"

Back
Top Bottom